What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Smug? Seriously? Just the facts. I just posted the facts. I would have posted one from last year but he didn't play much. Although I am sure I can find another newer one. Nope. I checked. That just happens to be the last one he was pulled from. Like I said, if you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.

Oh I enjoy your answers, don't get me wrong Mr. Purple. It just didn't help you any lol.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Neither harris or Talib could cover him at all.
He mad Talib look like a first game rookie.
Didn't go back and watch the game but I'm not sure if 6 rec and 87 yds is making anyone look like a rookie. Especially on 10 targets and with two fumble. He looks productive and had great speed but does he have a fumbling issue? I know the Rams like to allow the short passes and then hammer the receiver. I know people look at the Rams giving up a high percentage of completions but most of those are quick passes to try to mitigate the Rams pressure on the QB. And as to your question about JJ, he is playing the best football of his career and in the GB game Rodgers threw his way ONCE. He defended that pass and wasn't thrown at again in that game. So if Rodgers is giving JJ the Sherman treatment what do you think that says? So if you don't mind me asking you a question, do you thinking Bridgewater is better than Rodgers?

Note- In the past JJ was prone to bite on the double move and his aggressiveness got him burnt, this year he has elevated him game and has been much more disciplined. He also had the most pick 6 over that last 3 years in the NFL with 5.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
A lot of great banter back and forth. The reality is we're all homers for our teams so it doesn't really matter if anything any of us says is realistic.
Who have they played, who have we played? You know at the end of the day any team can beat any team on any given day.
These teams are pretty similar in a lot of ways. I'm not going to make any predictions because we haven't been very good on the road. I'd be more confident if the game was in St.Louis. One thing I will say is I love Gurley but there is no way I'm underestimating AP. Dude is one of the best of all time, IMO. From a pure football perspective I have to respect what he brings. Like Gurley, he can break one at any time.

I think this game comes down to who plays the smartest. If we don't turn the ball over, have 10+ penalties or give up big plays we should win.
But that's the million dollar wait and see question right now. If Minnesota finds a way to limit Gurley and Austin and we have to rely on Foles we could be in trouble.
I don't see it happening but we'll see.

I think this will be a very hard fought, physical game that is decided in the 4th quarter.

NorvZimmer

UDFA
Didn't go back and watch the game but I'm not sure if 6 rec and 87 yds is making anyone look like a rookie. Especially on 10 targets and with two fumble. He looks productive and had great speed but does he have a fumbling issue? I know the Rams like to allow the short passes and then hammer the receiver. I know people look at the Rams giving up a high percentage of completions but most of those are quick passes to try to mitigate the Rams pressure on the QB. And as to your question about JJ, he is playing the best football of his career and in the GB game Rodgers threw his way ONCE. He defended that pass and wasn't thrown at again in that game. So if Rodgers is giving JJ the Sherman treatment what do you think that says? So if you don't mind me asking you a question, do you thinking Bridgewater is better than Rodgers?

Note- In the past JJ was prone to bite on the double move and his aggressiveness got him burnt, this year he has elevated him game and has been much more disciplined. He also had the most pick 6 over that last 3 years in the NFL with 5.
to answer your question at the same time using your logic yes bridgewater would be better than Rogers he did have three times the amount of passing yards against the same Denver team.:yess:​

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
to answer your question at the same time using your logic yes bridgewater would be better than Rogers he did have three times the amount of passing yards against the same Denver team.:yess:​
So using your logic Vikes 3 49ers 20 and 49ers 6 Rams 27 so that means the Rams are better than the Vikes? I mean they only scored 9 times as many points and gave up less points by a factor of 3 versus our only common opponent. Just checking :rolllaugh:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I agree, I believe AP will use this game as a "statement" game and come out on all cylinders.
I really hope the injuries to barr kendricks are not serious, and I hope floyd comes back this week. Floyd was seen running and doing cutting moves at yesterday's practice.
Either way I think Linval Joseph had a monster game! He so hungry!

Do you suppose that there is even the slimmest of chances that Gurley might come out firing on all cylinders ???

NorvZimmer

UDFA
So using your logic Vikes 3 49ers 20 and 49ers 6 Rams 27 so that means the Rams are better than the Vikes? I mean they only scored 9 times as many points and gave up less points by a factor of 3 versus our only common opponent. Just checking :rolllaugh:
No no no, I was using YOUR logic.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
No no no, I was using YOUR logic.

He did embarrass denvers elite corners his first game as a pro.
Denver's corners are better than yours.

Hum, I guess it wasn't you trying to compare players to establish the idea that there could be no way Jenkins could cover Diggs? I then asked if you thought Bridgewater was better than Rodgers..... um you see how that works? Maybe not. Bueller? Bueller? :bueller:

Well beside that welcome to the site and best of luck on Sun.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
You make it sound like he blew them up. He had 86 yards and 0 tds lmao
Well, 86 is 9 more than the whole Packers team with Aaron Rodgers was able to put. :) (That's more of a dig on any Packer fans hanging around.)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Diggs's Targets against Denver:
#1 - Catch on a WR screen for two yards
#2 - Catch on a slant route against Bradley Roby for 7 yards (short of 1st down on 3rd and 8)
#3 - Catch on a double move against Bradley Roby for 25 yards (had a step or two on him for the deep ball but had to come back to get the ball because Bridgewater threw it while being dragged down)
#4 - Dropped a WR screen
#5 - Catch on a deep post route against Bradley Roby for 25 yards and then recovers his own fumble
#6 - Pass batted down by Bradley Roby on a slant route to Diggs
#7 - Incomplete pass on a wheel route to Diggs (Chris Harris had him blanketed)
#8 - Incomplete pass on a fade route to Diggs (Roby had him well covered)
#9 - Catch on a curl route against Bradley Roby for 9 yards and then recovers his own fumble for a 2 yard loss (7 yards gained on 2nd and 5)
#10 - Catch on a deep out route against Aqib Talib for 21 yards (made Aqib Talib look bad)

Watching the game, Diggs is a polished route runner for a guy his age. Understands the nuances and does a nice job of incorporating fakes into his route. Jenkins will have to be careful about gambling in this game or he'll get beat.

However, the claims that he beat up on Talib and Harris are false. He made Talib look bad on the 21 yard out route (he utilized a great shoulder/head fake at the top of the route). However, he still only had that one catch on Talib and zero catches on Harris. Which is a bit different than what y'all's post have implied.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Honestly, when I watch AP's running style, I do not think of Gurley and vice versa. They are TOTALLY different backs IMO. Adrian is much more violent and has better quick twitch ability. Really, the best I have ever seen in a back his size (Earl Campbell a distant second). TGII looks more like Eric Dickerson to me. Patient, able to read blocks and explode NORTH/SOUTH through a hole. Both backs have an excellent top gear.

As much as I love me some TGII, I think AP is still the gold standard for RBs in this league. TGII may soon surpass him, but I just cannot put him there after 4 games. If you asked Gurley, I bet he would tell you the same thing. For those that think AP has lost a step, I think you may need to watch film of him this season. Looks as good as ever to me. The Rams will get his absolute best on Sunday with all of the comparison talk. The Vikes can expect the same from TGII. Should be fun to watch.

Sorry Bro I will try as hard as I can to stay away from Homerism and just focus on my 50+ years of eyes on RB's .I was a Senior Quality Control Inspector in a Pipe Mill for 9 years. They paid me stupid money for just what my eyes saw. 1st TGII runs nothing like ED's errect running style. I saw every play Eric played. He ran mostly power sweeps and his glide was awesome but he lacked a power game with exception of a few memerable plays where he actually lowered his head.

First things First. Unless you have seen ALL of TGII's college games you are lacking in what and who he is. I live right here in the middle of SEC country and have seen I can say almost every one. He is a mixture of many. Herschell Walker compares him to a bigger Gale Sayers. His Olympic hurdling and sprinter in him come out at times as you've seen and we won't have seen his top speed and best till 2016.

Yes so many forget he is still a recovering patient playing much sooner than MOST teams thought would be much further behind than this if not ever reaching even this level or he never would have lasted to pick #10. Todd will tell you personally he is not at 100% and each of the last 4 weeks his game speed has increased by moniters not my eyes.

Todd has power to throw a LB like Green Bays finest on his head as the well seen video shows (while pass blocking). Peterson has to use his famous jump cut that many wish they had ,while TGII does the same move making ground forward with a smoother glide without the sideways motions. TGII is just 23 while AP is 30. Don't you think IF healthy that 23 year old that has wasted a year in insane recovery mode,day in and day out. Also being forced to rest and shut it down when he would have rather been going crazy doing things to improve his style through other reps in the gym.

Most RAMS fans thought he would get a few plays before the bye then a chance to start after , and he only played all but his Highest producing part of the game (last week) , as in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter and the whole 4th quarter he has gotten almost 75% of his yards this season in (4th Quarter). TGII will get his 4th quarter runs this week and if Foles can get over the Funk that hit him at Green Bay and play more like he did in Phoenix then TGII will have major room to get his 16 inches of daylight. I see NO simularities at all with AP & TGII . Todd runs angry (He says such) and has since Georgia . I don't get that from AP. Both can go the distance and have a great stiffarm. TGII needs to be carefull with his so far successfull high hurdles of tacklers trying to take him down that way. AP does not even try that.

The smaller LB's that the vikes have in Kendricks I think will have trouble with TGII. The hits of the RAMS "D" has increased to such a high gang tackling since the skins game. Ayers and Fairley are both positive in PFF ratings as they are finally catching up to the speed of GW's (Read and React) "D" . Lots of run blitzes and I think both teams incorporate extra TE/FB help in formations to help both OL's. Style and who TGII resembles can not be set till we see him at his VERY BEST. We have not seen that yet ,even though alltime records are falling. Those seeing the Freshman year in Georgia KNEW this would one day happen. NEVER DREAMED it would be IN HORNS.:yess:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry Bro I will try as hard as I can to stay away from Homerism and just focus on my 50+ years of eyes on RB's .I was a Senior Quality Control Inspector in a Pipe Mill for 9 years. They paid me stupid money for just what my eyes saw. 1st TGII runs nothing like ED's errect running style. I saw every play Eric played. He ran mostly power sweeps and his glide was awesome but he lacked a power game with exception of a few memerable plays where he actually lowered his head.

First things First. Unless you have seen ALL of TGII's college games you are lacking in what and who he is. I live right here in the middle of SEC country and have seen I can say almost every one. He is a mixture of many. Herschell Walker compares him to a bigger Gale Sayers. His Olympic hurdling and sprinter in him come out at times as you've seen and we won't have seen his top speed and best till 2016.

Yes so many forget he is still a recovering patient playing much sooner than MOST teams thought would be much further behind than this if not ever reaching even this level or he never would have lasted to pick #10. Todd will tell you personally he is not at 100% and each of the last 4 weeks his game speed has increased by moniters not my eyes.

Todd has power to throw a LB like Green Bays finest on his head as the well seen video shows (while pass blocking). Peterson has to use his famous jump cut that many wish they had ,while TGII does the same move making ground forward with a smoother glide without the sideways motions. TGII is just 23 while AP is 30. Don't you think IF healthy that 23 year old that has wasted a year in insane recovery mode,day in and day out. Also being forced to rest and shut it down when he would have rather been going crazy doing things to improve his style through other reps in the gym.

Most RAMS fans thought he would get a few plays before the bye then a chance to start after , and he only played all but his Highest producing part of the game (last week) , as in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter and the whole 4th quarter he has gotten almost 75% of his yards this season in (4th Quarter). TGII will get his 4th quarter runs this week and if Foles can get over the Funk that hit him at Green Bay and play more like he did in Phoenix then TGII will have major room to get his 16 inches of daylight. I see NO simularities at all with AP & TGII . Todd runs angry (He says such) and has since Georgia . I don't get that from AP. Both can go the distance and have a great stiffarm. TGII needs to be carefull with his so far successfull high hurdles of tacklers trying to take him down that way. AP does not even try that.

The smaller LB's that the vikes have in Kendricks I think will have trouble with TGII. The hits of the RAMS "D" has increased to such a high gang tackling since the skins game. Ayers and Fairley are both positive in PFF ratings as they are finally catching up to the speed of GW's (Read and React) "D" . Lots of run blitzes and I think both teams incorporate extra TE/FB help in formations to help both OL's. Style and who TGII resembles can not be set till we see him at his VERY BEST. We have not seen that yet ,even though alltime records are falling. Those seeing the Freshman year in Georgia KNEW this would one day happen. NEVER DREAMED it would be IN HORNS.:yess:
Now THAT was some reply, haha. I think we agree here my friend. I mentioned Dickerson because once he and TG turn up field, its go time. No one runs/ran upright like ED. Marcus Allen is the only other RB I can think of off top of my head that ran similar. I think TG will be even more amazing as he heals and this OL learns this ZBS. The best is yet to come!!

Rainram

Starter
Another stat not thrown out there yet...sacks

Rams - 26
Vikes - 18

For as much as they love their DLine and blitzes...and I like their DLine too...that's 14th in the league right there. And against teams with not-so-great OLines. I really hope our OLine takes some steps forward...Looking at you Robinson!

EDIT: Another stat...Tackles for Loss
Rams - 46
Vikes - 25

We dominate up front. Period. That needs to happen this game as well. And while they have the ability to create problems for our OLine...they are not nearly as dominant.

Last edited:
Well, I just had to register so I can post here for this one. I try not to be a homer and being older and a fan since we lost to the steelers in the super bowl, I have learned one thing about being a vikings fan, I hate to see my team as a favorite even if it is just a home field 3 point favorite. I have always kind of liked the Rams. Do any of you find it funny how we are so similar now when we were so similar 15-20 years ago in the opposite way? Of course the vikes did not win a super bowl but thats another topic for another day. Here is to no injuries.

Oh, just wanted to add, I used to love the ram unis...the ones you wore last week. Top 3 in the league imo (after vikes and steelers). Are the new colors a fan favorite?

Last edited:

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Well, I just had to register so I can post here for this one. I try not to be a homer and being older and a fan since we lost to the steelers in the super bowl, I have learned one thing about being a vikings fan, I hate to see my team as a favorite even if it is just a home field 3 point favorite. I have always kind of liked the Rams. Do any of you find it funny how we are so similar now when we were so similar 15-20 years ago in the opposite way? Of course the vikes did not win a super bowl but thats another topic for another day. Here is to no injuries.
Welcome to the board and hope you enjoy your time with us. Funny that it was the 79' SB, that the Rams lost to the Steelers, that sealed my fate as a Rams fan! Good luck on Sun, next Sun that is! (y)

Rainram

Starter
More stats just for fun...since I highlighted our strength above...how about a weakness...

PENALTIES

Rams - 56 accepted penalties for 481 yards (27 pre-snap penalties!!!!! That's 3rd worst in the league)
Vikes - The league's fewest, 39 accepted for 340 yards

One more...

Turnover Differential

Rams - +3
Vikes - +1
*Both split very similarly along the lines of INTs/Fumbles for takeaways and giveaways.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Oh, just wanted to add, I used to love the ram unis...the ones you wore last week. Top 3 in the league imo (after vikes and steelers). Are the new colors a fan favorite?

Yeah man those yellow and blue throwback unis are so awesome. I wish we wore them every week.