What Texans fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's hard to imagine that CK isn't better than what the Texans have....and after watching last night, I'm sure he's better than anything the Cardinals have too.
And Miami, and Chicago, and Cleveland.....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Miami, and Chicago, and Cleveland.....

Cutler played well last week and makes total sense why he'd be preferable to Kaepernick. Chicago is starting a rookie who was their top 5 pick. And the Browns...well...why would Kaepernick do that to himself? ;)

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Kaepernick is gone-gone, for at least this season, not sure why this is even a topic

Actions have consequences, plain and simple

I for one 100% support the owners blackballing him... of course many others don’t

C’est la Vie

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Kaep should be on a roster somewhere based on talent alone, at least in a back-up role.

The heavy media coverage he will garner upon possible return would be insane and that's not an attractive prospect.

Same thing happened with Tebow (even though I think Kaep is a better player).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kaep should be on a roster somewhere based on talent alone, at least in a back-up role.

The heavy media coverage he will garner upon possible return would be insane and that's not an attractive prospect.

You're right. It's just like Tebow. NFL teams have to balance optics with talent. If they think Kaepernick is a starting QB who will lead them to the playoffs, the PR issues are worth the talent he brings. If they only see him as a backup QB or weak starter who won't take them anywhere, they're not going to deal with the PR issues because he doesn't offer enough talent.

It's simply the reality of football being a business.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
You're right. It's just like Tebow. NFL teams have to balance optics with talent. If they think Kaepernick is a starting QB who will lead them to the playoffs, the PR issues are worth the talent he brings. If they only see him as a backup QB or weak starter who won't take them anywhere, they're not going to deal with the PR issues because he doesn't offer enough talent.

It's simply the reality of football being a business.

Nailed it. He’s obviously the best unemployed option out there but he’s not good enough to take a team to the promised land, especially mid-season with no knowledge of the playbook. The potential benefits aren’t worth the backlash and drama it would cause.

If Watson had gone down in preseason of training camp it would make more sense.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Memphis Ram

Legend
Because Kaepernick went about his protest the wrong way. He kneels, decided to opt out of his contract, won’t take a pay cut and become the back up QB, says he will start standing just to have a roster spot and then sues the NFL for black balling him. BS. He did it to himself.

Kaepernick opted out of his contract because he knew his days in San Fran were numbered and wanted to be available on the market ASAP instead of things dragging out limiting his options (which turns out didn't matter). The nonsense about him being unwilling to take a paycut or become a back up QB is just a false narrative provided by those against his stance as he hadn't even talked numbers with anyone yet.

The key is while the vet who got him to kneel instead of sit during the Anthem was upset at first, he was open minded enough to listen and actually care about reasoning for Kaepernick's protest. Others simply haven't and probably will never get there due to the hate in their hearts for him and perhaps apathy they fell for his cause. It's sad, but that's the world we live in today.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Back to the Texans.

While his days are already probably numbered due to his contract, if Robert Quinn doesn't destroy whomever the Texans put at LT that might be the final nail.

Memphis Ram

Legend
So other Army vets say it isn't ok. Who do we believe? Why we go with our own feelings like we should in all things.

It's fine to go with one's own feelings. However it gets a bit sketchy when some make major efforts to point out how his stance offended all of a group when many within that same group say otherwise and are conveniently ignored.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/how-bad-is-it.112669/

How bad is it?

firehair.gif

-----------
It seems the pass rush with Watt, Mercilus, etc... covered up a lot of deficiencies in the Secondary like Watson covered up deficiencies in the O-line! Guess we're totally screwed this season!
---------
If Watson is healthy, we're fantastic. If Watson isn't healthy, we're a pile of dog sh!t for a team. I love Watson, but hate the situation we're in.
---------
This season was toast the second Watson went down. I will be surprised if they can stay competitive, much less win another game.
---------
You could say that for just about all the NFL teams and their starting QB. (Green Bay, Seattle, New England, etc) It’s the first time we have been able to say that about a QB on our roster in a long time.
----------
It's really bad. I mean we had the top rated defense for several years straight to now swimming at the bottom.

We finally had a competent offense lead by a very promising rookie. Now that hope has been snatched away from us by the the football gods with the snap of their fingers.

That's how bad it is.
----------
The Rams are going to expose just had bad the Texans really are. I expect Goff is going to throw deep often, especially early.
---------
On top of that, the linebackers can't cover either.
---------
Remember when I said that the Texans org would rue the day that they chose not to participate in FA like the other 31 teams in the NFL? Those chickens are coming home to roost.
---------
They don't call it a quarterbacks league for nothing.

Every thing regresses or maybe even collapses without the franchise QB - defense ends up being on the field so long even good ones are exposed.
-----------
https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/11/11/16636194/texans-rams-preview-five-things-to-watch

Texans-Rams Preview: Five Things To Watch
Here’s five things to watch for when the Texans play the Rams
by Matt Weston

184416183.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images

I tried to warn you last week. I opened up my heart and let it all seep out onto you. I am completely drained and have nothing left to give, and what did you do? You did the exact thing I warned you not to do. You watched the Texans play the Rams. You wasted three and a half hours of your life. Was it worth it? I know it wasn’t.

You willingly sat and watched Tom Savage barely scrap past 5 yards an attempt, TY Hilton get back up and run in for a touchdown, Eddie Pleasant being the best source of a pass rush, Kevin Johnson get picked and plucked again, Lamar Miller run the ball up the middle a lot, and have it all culminate in a beautiful Tom Savage strip sack at the hands of Jabaal Sheard who vandalized Duane Brown’s vacated home.

This week is going to be similar to last week. We already know what’s going to happen. Tom Savage is either going to throw the ball out of bounds, or in the flat to Stephen Anderson or C.J. Fiedorowicz. Lamar Miller is going to run the ball between the tackles. They may score seven points.

They’ll go down early because of their horrific pass defense and won’t even be able to run the ball anymore. Savage is going to attempt like 40 passes and get sacked by Aaron Donald five times. Jared Goff will hit three downfield throws in the first half and the game will be over. That doesn’t sound like fun does it?

And you know what, this time I’m not giving in. I’m not letting you hurt yourself. I am only a few things, and an enabler is not one of them. Here are five things you can do instead of watch this game.

Let’s get on with it.

Read A Book

I miss sitting there all alone, in a quiet room, thinking really hard about something, and poking my subconscious with a stick. Whatever you read doesn’t matter. Go to your local Half Price Books, and stock up. It will be better than doing this.

Watch Other Football

Just because the Texans are bad doesn’t mean football stops. Despite all the supernovas that wiped out the stars of the NFL this year, it doesn’t mean football isn’t worth watching. It still is. There is no clear great team. Instead there are eight teams with a real shot at the Superbowl, and every division aside from the NFC East is up for grabs.

This Sunday the Texans are playing at 3:05 p.m. During this time the Falcons are playing the Cowboys on FOX. Rather than watch Houston burst into flames, watch that game instead. Both teams are trying to get a wildcard spot. This game actually matters.

Try Out Some Yoga

Yoga and meditation is some hippy nonsense, but it works. It allows you to slip into the now, improves your focus, solidifies your muscles, and makes being alive feel better. Feeling better is something we all need now more than ever with Deshaun Watson gone for the rest of this season. It’s also fun to sit on the floor, close your eyes, focus on your brow point, breathe, and let the colors flow.

Have A Nice Meal

I’m very plain and boring when it comes to eating. No breakfast. Spinach salad for lunch. I cook on Sunday and eat the same thing for dinner every night of the week. Lately it’s been a lot of quinoa. That with some nasty avocado oil dressing, almonds, apricots, beans, sweet potatoes and raisins all mashed together. It’s really fun when you get to the end of the week and try to decide whether or not it has spoiled yet.

If You Actually Watch

Fine go ahead and watch. I can’t stop you. If you must here’s a list of things I’ll be watching for on Sunday: Lamar Miller being able to break any tackles to try and stave off getting cut next year, Nick Martin v. Aaron Donald, Aaron Donald v. Jeff Allen, how often they isolate DeAndre Hopkins in the passing game, the length of time Tom Savage holds onto the ball for, passes in the flat to the tight ends which is the staple of Bill O’Brien’s super genius offense.

Kevin Johnson’s ability to break on the ball, if they get beat deep in zone coverage because they don’t pass off receivers correctly, if Todd Gurley can’t get anything going against this run defense, and if Bill O’Brien does anything creative to try and jump start this dying offense.

Last time these teams played Houston was blown out. Matt Schaub was injured and he rolled around in pain. At home, in Houston, the best fans on Earth cheered when Schaub was injured. Disgusting. At least he didn’t throw a pick six! Then TJ Yates came in and of course he threw a pick six in the redzone to Alec Ogletree. That was beautiful.

yates.gif

This Sunday is going to be just as horrific. Please do something else. Don’t watch this game.
-----------
No, I didn’t waste three and a half hours last week.
I’m a fan of the Texans. I watched my Texans lose. I will watch them again this week. I will not consider it a waste after this week either.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Funny the media didn't make a stink when teams blacklisted Tebow.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Ouch. He is listed as doubtful with an illness. Well if Longacre shows out then that may be the final nail for Quinn in 2018 as a Rams then. Or maybe even as a starter this year.

Teams blacklisted Tebow?

Totally did.

Teams blacklisted Kaep?

See what I did there?