What Texans fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Anyone else Hungry for another 50 burger

burger-bite.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's a funny feeling....reading fans of teams...that really don't feel like they have a chance against us....

just

wow

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Let's not get cocky now...

Watson would have given us fits and that game is a dog fight.

Savage gives us nothing and greatly increases the odds of us going to 7-2.

I'll take whatever edge I'm given.

BTW... watching the SEA game? Rams better be ready to cage Wilson... the ONLY way they stayed in that game was him running around. Their offense sucked but he, single-handedly, kept them in that game.

I wanted to reach into my TV and tackle him myself (and, yes, it'd be a dirty hit)...

I HATE... HATE... HATE running QBs.

I love how our D got to Dak more than most teams seem to.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
infantrycak
Mod.
Staff Member

You know the odds your goat shoots a diamond out its ass? Ours aren't that good.

:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:
That was funny... but, as I read through those posts about how fast a season can be turned on it's ear when your QB goes down, it made me start thinking about the Rams.

So, if Goff were to get injury (God forbid)... is the "system" the real driver behind the productivity? Would the "system" make Mannion an above average QB? Or, is it mostly Goff in the "system"? (would Mannion struggle a lot more)...

For some reason, I think this increased productivity is "system" driven. Sure, Goff has to be accurate... but he's struggled at times with that and they've won nonetheless.

Could Mannion keep the offense going?

(note: I have NO dog in this hunt, so please don't think I'm pro-either QB... I'm pro-both QBs. I love the Rams... not any one player).

RedRam

Pro Bowler
That was funny... but, as I read through those posts about how fast a season can be turned on it's ear when your QB goes down, it made me start thinking about the Rams.

So, if Goff were to get injury (God forbid)... is the "system" the real driver behind the productivity? Would the "system" make Mannion an above average QB? Or, is it mostly Goff in the "system"? (would Mannion struggle a lot more)...

For some reason, I think this increased productivity is "system" driven. Sure, Goff has to be accurate... but he's struggled at times with that and they've won nonetheless.

(note: I have NO dog in this hunt, so please don't think I'm pro-either QB... I'm pro-both QBs. I love the Rams... not any one player).
Kind of a Bobby Buzzkill there don't ya think? ;)

We, as Rams fans, have experienced losing our QB to injury. The idea is not lost on us. For me, I'm choosing not to go there and fully enjoy this ride as long as it lasts!(y)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 9ers are one of the worst teams in the league and we just barely walked out of there with a W.
To me, this is a very different (pronou9nced better) team than the one that played SF that night. Much improvement has occurred. I'd guess the Rams would beat them by at least 21 now.

As was true of the Giants fan base, the Texans fans have given up and are more concerned about getting the coaching staff fired
Yeah... reading both the NYG and HOU fans comments... so reminds me of us... as soon ago as last year.

This is turning out to be a simply amazing year!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
jeeesh, if Mannion was as good as Goff, well he'd be starting
train

Speaking of Mannion, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were his final season with the Rams. While he was given most of the 4'th quarter to mop up in the Giants game, they never allowed him to throw the ball, instead just handing it off to effectively kill the clock. Seems the Rams should have a few more occasions to trot out Mannion in mop up roles, although i'd really appreciate his getting opportunities to throw the football to build his resume for a potential future trade. 2018 is Mannion's final year under contract, then likely lost to free agency, so it appears a proper juncture in time to prepare & highlite his strengths & abilities to further any advantage in the trading process. If we can garner a 3'rd round pick, which is what we spent on him in 2015, the trade off becomes a push. Whether he is worth a 3'rd is arguable, but we witness QB's lost to injury as a common feature in the NFL, determining his market value should soon become a priority. The Rams also now have 3 effective QB coaches on staff, they should get every opportunity to develop the next new young talent. jmo.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

A good question. I believe the Rams coaching staff along with the O-line and all the weapons at their disposal could make just about any QB look good or at least serviceable. Let's hope we never have to find out though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams can still lose any game they play.

The 9ers are one of the worst teams in the league and we just barely walked out of there with a W.
That was before the Wade Phillips defense was fully realized......We are not the same team as when that game happened..We are freakin MUCH better, imo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of Mannion, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were his final season with the Rams. While he was given most of the 4'th quarter to mop up in the Giants game, they never allowed him to throw the ball, instead just handing it off to effectively kill the clock. Seems the Rams should have a few more occasions to trot out Mannion in mop up roles, although i'd really appreciate his getting opportunities to throw the football to build his resume for a potential future trade. 2018 is Mannion's final year under contract, then likely lost to free agency, so it appears a proper juncture in time to prepare & highlite his strengths & abilities to further any advantage in the trading process. If we can garner a 3'rd round pick, which is what we spent on him in 2015, the trade off becomes a push. Whether he is worth a 3'rd is arguable, but we witness QB's lost to injury as a common feature in the NFL, determining his market value should soon become a priority. The Rams also now have 3 effective QB coaches on staff, they should get every opportunity to develop the next new young talent. jmo.
I think Mannion could be an excellent back up in the league. I hope we can trade him to some team that thinks he is a starter!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://boards.houstontexans.com/fo...w-we-get-to-see-how-bad-this-roster-really-is

Now We Get To See How Bad This Roster Really Is...

Watson was full on carrying those scrubs.

Without him they might not win 5 games.

At least theyll have a high draft pick...in the third round.
----------
Think of it in positive terms: we get to see how great a punter Lechler still is. Eight punts for a 48.8 average!
----------
That joke of a secondary isnt like that from injury. Neither is that horrible oline.

You can sign players off of the street that are comparable to most of the starters, heck they have signed a few this year that were out of work one day and a texans starter the next. This roster is just awful.
-----------
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/final-record-for-2017-texans.285649/page-2

Final Record for 2017 Texans?

6-10 at best ... or may not win another game.

vs Jaguars L29-7
@ Bengals W13-9
@ Patriots L36-33
vs Titans W57-14
vs Chiefs L42-34
vs Browns W33-17
@ Seahawks L41-38
vs Colts L20-14
@ Rams(6-2)
vs Cardinals(3-4)
@ Ravens(4-5)
@ Titans(5-3)
vs 49ers(0-8)
@ Jaguars(5-3)
vs Steelers(6-2)
@ Colts(3-6)
-----------
We would need a miracle just to reach 8-8 at this point if we just lost to the fking Colts.
---------
I think it is very possible that they will not win another game. Seriously.
----------
Will beat SF and lose the rest. Gooooooooo next year!
----------
They'll get better when they move on from Savage. They'll go 5-11
----------
I only see one win and it’s against the Niners, so 4-12.

And the Browns have both our 1st and 2nd round pick. Ouch
---------
3-13

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t know, they were only 3-3 with him. And O’Brien play calling cost them a shot at 2 games.
I don’t think he gets along too well with the FO. Not sure he survives a 3-13 4-12 year

O'Brien sure is a gruff curmudgeonly fella. He hasn't accomplished enough for any owner to put up with him this long. He is too much of a dickhead.

Yes, they have QB, OL and maybe some defensive issues..

But they have a ton of playmakers on offense, and defensively they have been good - plus an entire week of hearing how the Rams are going to put it on them, coupled with having just lost at home to a bad team, they're going to be motivated.

And they're going to come out pounding the rock, which the Rams have struggled with. This is obviously a game we should win, but we all thought that about the Redskins too - and Cousins didn't do much to beat us. Great run game and forcing turnovers, which is a formula the Texans can copy.

We need to come out motivated too and put them away early.

They can't run well enough to control the game with a bad OLine. I don't say this often but I don't think they stand a chance.

Yes and no. It's like New England. The system allows for backups to succeed but Brady is better at running the offense than anyone one on their roster.

This is a good thing. If we ever have opportunities to showcase a backup, maybe teams would want to trade for him. McVay missed a chance to showcase Mannion. Or so it seems. Maybe he has little faith in Sean to throw the ball. Or maybe he likes him a lot and wants to hang onto him, so he doesn't want people to know he can play well.