What Texans fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scored two 4th quarter TD's....and converted a 2-point conversion....great...naw....but pretty damn good the way our defense was playing that day. They were playing for Bones....hard....

I give credit where credit is due my friend....

Enjoy the game today...Meet you in the celebration thread later!:yess:
You ignored my earlier point, however..You can't say that he would play at the same level NOW as he did last year. You place him in the Texans offense off the street right now, they play worse than with Savage, and that would be true for a couple of games.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You're right. It's just like Tebow. NFL teams have to balance optics with talent. If they think Kaepernick is a starting QB who will lead them to the playoffs, the PR issues are worth the talent he brings. If they only see him as a backup QB or weak starter who won't take them anywhere, they're not going to deal with the PR issues because he doesn't offer enough talent.

It's simply the reality of football being a business.

Adam Jones is a prime example

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/official-game-day-thread-texans-at-rams-sunday-nov-12-2017.112687/

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Rams

I can rub some peanut butter on my groin area and have one of you kick me in the nuts, and it would probably be less painful than watching the Houston Texans being spanked today!
----------
At least I don't think the Rams will beat us 47-3.
----------
Release the
p0814.gif

----------
As long as no passing situations arise in the game, Savage will be fine.
----------
So many people bet the Rams this week lol, lots of lost money if we win
----------
What a stupid Oileresque play by the Rams. Did Jerry Glanville call in that fake?
----------
Rams are holding like a ************.
---------
The Houston OL

Kakashi2.jpg

-----------
Savage would make a great human statue mime. There are openings in downtown Vegas and at the Venetian
-----------
PA announcer has stolen the UH Cougar "Whoose House" chant. **** that ****.
-----------
I think they got the PA announcer from the XFL
-----------
I dismiss any notion that the Rams are playing "down" to our level.
----------
On the bright side I started Woods on my FF team today.
----------
Took a few quarters to build a woodshed. Rams now showing it to the Texans
----------
The beat down begins. I have no idea what has took the Rams so long to start throwing deep.
---------
Well, the rout is on.
---------
We will probably be hearing about Kaepernick tomorrow from the tree huggers again
----------
No 9-7 bullshit for Bill O'Brien's ***** ass this year.
---------
Wish we had some of that offensive creativity.
---------
Another day as a Texans fan.
tumbleweed.gif

---------
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/official-texans-rams.286336/

[Official] Texans @ Rams

Damn you Samoan kid.
---------
27x8p0.jpg

-----------
I think I would rather watch an episode of the 700 club than have to watch this offense.
---------
It's like we have both arms tied behind our back. And a foot.
-------
Rams are stupid lol
--------
Rams giving away the game
---------
Not impressed with the Rams offense. Can people stop blowing them now?
---------
Why are we not running out of shotgun. Its incredible to me that we would allow Savage to step back with the poor play of the interior. Aaron freaking Donald is on the other side of the line.
----------
Meanwhile, bad enough that we have the 'ghost rider 2 ' version of nicolas cage, and 99 cent store toilet paper of a line
---------
Rams getting away with every single illegal play in the book.
--------
DQoae.gif

--------
Wade Phillips laughing at us
---------
I'm smelling the comeback here. Texans win 31-30. Book it.
---------
just kneel the rest of the game
----------
U can see Wade was setting him up for a pick 6...
---------
https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/11/12/16641196/post-game-recap-final-score-texans-7-rams-33

Post-Game Recap/Final Score: Texans 7, Rams 33

I’m going to go find a bottle of whiskey.
---------
Halftime's when we were most competitive.
---------
Every snap Tom Savage is allowed to take is a middle finger to #Texans fans.
----------
I’m betting you also were convinced Keenum sucked after watching him play on a shitty LA Rams team last year? And don’t recognize him as the same player now that he’s with the Vikes?

There’s context and nuance for these things. Kaepernick is a superior QB to Savage, Yates, et al. It’s not arguable.
----------
Accept it. We messed up.
how many of you wish we kept Keenum around? He is 5-2 this year and 2-0 the last time he played for the Texans. 100X better than the dumpster slot that Savage is.

Could have had the best backup in the league for peanuts. And done something for Houston. That kid had more heart than any QB on our team ever apart from Watson. But no… we OBrian had to get too cute with his Penn state pet project.
----------
I think 30 other teams in the league wish they had Keenum right now.
He’s probably going to get $15+ million per year in free agency.
---------
Pat Shurmur is making Keenum look good and he's probably going to get benched anyways because he's not playing that great.
He’s been serviceable but don’t kid yourself, he’d suck here trying to run this offense. Watson basically saved O’Brien’s ass (assuming he’s still here in 2018) thanks to his ability to escape, run, and make great throws on the move. Watson’s talent covered up a ton of flaws with the offense.

The Vikings offense is built to support a QB that isn’t super talented which is helping Keenum out big time. They had to get 5 new starters for their OL so they could actually throw the ball, something the Texans will probably do this offseason as well.
---------
Few things.
One Pat Shurmer runs the Vikings offense and he’s one of the best offensive minds in football.

Their offense was built with Bradford as the starter in mind not Keenum. They already have a strong duo at WR and drafted a talented RB high. The big thing though was the total rebuild of their OL which was one of the worst in the NFL last year.

Keenum has played okay but everybody knows they aren’t going far with him because he has not played all that well consistently. Not sure how much you follow the Vikings but I know he’s not playing super awesome despite the team record. Just good enough for them to win.

I already gave Keenum credit but I’m not a Keenum fanboy and can recognize that the offense Pat runs is superior to the stuff O’Brien runs for the Texans which is why O’Brien didn’t keep Keenum around. He didn’t fit what he was doing. If you’re mad that O’Brien didn’t try to make it work with Keenum that’s fair but at the end of the day you aren’t building an offense with Keenum in mind as your starter. In fact the Vikings will probably bench Keenum pretty soon anyways.

I’m not sure why you think Keenum would look good here when he’d be dealing with opposing defenses putting the entire offensive line into his face every down. Time for people to just suck it up and realize this season is a loss. No point wishing they had kept a backup QB from 2 years ago who’s done very little in his career. If not for a freak injury Watson is playing in this game and we aren’t even talking about this.
-----------
Keenum is currently a top 15 starter in the league. Part of that is because there are so many bad QBs starting right now, but he’s played well enough to help his team win. He deserves the chance to be the unquestioned starter the rest of the season.
----------
Ogletree just owns us. Wasn’t he the one who picked off Yates for six the other way back in 2013?
----------
Tom Savage is a steaming pile of shit
Steaming.
And so is our secondary.
----------
A steaming pile of shit at least has the virtue of being fresh. Touchdown Tommy ain’t steaming.
------
He’s cold, lumpy and insect ridden

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put this person in the comment hall of fame IMO.

I can rub some peanut butter on my groin area and have one of you kick me in the nuts, and it would probably be less painful than watching the Houston Texans being spanked today!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Lamar Miller was off to a great start, clearly the Rams were getting INTs, fumbles, and pressure, and what does BOB do? Let Tom freakin Savage air it out 36 times.

BOB throwing a tantrum after the Mark Barron pick...shut up.

Look at Brock Osweiler playing well. BOB couldn't work with him because BOB can't work with QBs that struggle every now and then. You could totally tell BOB wanted to pull Tom Savage.

BOB and Ben McAdoo...same damn coach.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I go back and read the opposing game day thread ..after the game ... that’s one was pretty good

No hope at the start of the game
Little shred of hope when they scored the td
Hope remained at half time
The there were two hopes ..no hope and bob hope and bob left town

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You ignored my earlier point, however..You can't say that he would play at the same level NOW as he did last year. You place him in the Texans offense off the street right now, they play worse than with Savage, and that would be true for a couple of games.

After watching the game some of those throws that savage misfired on Kaep would have hit. And there was a lot of running space for a mobile qb like Kaep to take advantage of now maybe with him in the game they play more contain but you can’t really contain a mobile qb as good with his legs as Kaep is. He is on a mike Vick level when using his legs.

All this about Kaep being a product of Harbaugh is crazy. Cause when I say the same thing about Goff people wanna freak out but the simple truth is that good coaches knows how to be successful with their starting qb bad coaches like fisher try to have them do what they can’t.

Harbaugh was running the same type of offense the eagles are running the titans, the Texans with Watson. So yeah maybe Kaep wouldn’t have played good his first game back and I’m glad he didn’t play against us but he should be playing. When you go get a guy that hasn’t thrown a pass in 6 years all validities are out the window.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You can't say that he would play at the same level NOW as he did last year. You place him in the Texans offense off the street right now, they play worse than with Savage, and that would be true for a couple of games.
He'd play better than Savage right NOW....I don't care if they draw the plays in the dirt.
Not only him....there are at least 7 starters I saw yesterday that he could replace....and be better than.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A couple of things.

It's dubious that Kaep is in game shape. There's good shape, and there's NFL shape. From what I've repeatedly heard, it is almost impossible to be in NFL shape without some time in practice against NFL players. So I would doubt Kaep would have the athleticism at the moment to do things like he used to. And what he used to do had diminished effectiveness once teams got used to it anyway.

He would not have had the timing down with the receivers. So throwing into anything but gaping windows would likely not have been effective.

He would have had to run a much simplified version of the offense. Either blocking would be basic, or there would have been even more penalties.

In a few weeks Kaep could have been ready, though I doubt he would be a star. Yesterday would have made the game even more fun for the Rams' defense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'd play better than Savage right NOW....I don't care if they draw the plays in the dirt.
Not only him....there are at least 7 starters I saw yesterday that he could replace....and be better than.
BS bro....He has not done NFL training since last season. Look at Aaron Donald, who is work out warrior not being up to par for a couple of games(missed the off season and one game). The QB position is much harder to prepare for,especially if the system is new. Keep is physically gifted in normal season, but even then he wasn't able to run the offense as a starter could. (Even withe his protest cr@p, they wouldn't have dumped him if he was a legit starting QB).

Now if the Texans want to have RB playing the QB position, get Kaep.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
By the time krapondick might learn to read the whole field, his body will be beaten up. He is the Tony Banks of running QBs, throws a nice ball, but cant make a decision on who to throw it to.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7?
You're talking only AFC right?
Lol