What Texans fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Watson injury may have bought him another year.
I don’t know, they were only 3-3 with him. And O’Brien play calling cost them a shot at 2 games.
I don’t think he gets along too well with the FO. Not sure he survives a 3-13 4-12 year

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like how he admits that Kap has more talent BUT the drama isn't worth it. love it!
That’s the thing though craps skill doesn’t outweigh the potential nightmare him signing will generate

Look at Mike Vick dude was convicted of running dog fights killing animals and he got a second bit of the cherry
Leonard little killed another human being still played
AP battered his kid .. stay lacing em up

Matt Jones huge QB turned WR played for Jacksonville .. gets caught huffing the Colombian marching dust never seen again
Ray Rice right hooks his lady .. no thanks
Tim Tebow - talent never outweighed the media circus

The NFL will overlook any flaw if that team believes that player XYZ will help you win ..craps doesn’t fall into that category

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kaepernick is so overrated. He wouldn't keep Houston within sniffing range of the playoffs.

It's a moot point though. No coach wants the dis t reaction, or wants CK spewing his political stance throughout the clubhouse, causing disagreements, divisiveness, or whatever may happen. He would do more harm than good IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Prepare like they are the Patriots and everything else will take care of itself. With the absolute thrashing of the Giants in their house like that, I fully expect 35+ points this week.
The Rams Players apparently have a saying, during the game, no matter what the score is, no matter how far ahead we are " Play every Play like the score is 0-0!!"!! I heard them saying it on the side-lines!!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I want Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers or Tanzel Smart flatten Savage like a pancake.
IF you are right, and I think you are! Maybe we should change the name of the Coliseum to the " House of Pancakes"!!:mrburnsevil:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is going to be rough for Savage.
It's not only time to run-up our Season point total, but our Season Sack Total as well!!(y);):D And Takeaways-FF's-FR's etc. etc. etc.:homercrawl:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Might as well merge this into one thread since some Texans fans comments are already included here.
********************************************************************************************
https://boards.houstontexans.com/forum/texans-discussion/the-bull-pen/47853-tom-savage/page28

Tom Savage

His strong arm can make for a fast paced passing game . Start using the RBs and TE more in the passing game . I know hes not mobile but he can FIRE the pigskin for sure .
----------
After seeing Watson operate this offense is abundantly clear that:

Tom is just too slow... in everything.

From the huddle to the snap he's a full beat slower than Watson. LOS reads, getting the ball snapped, post snap reads, decision-to-release time... and he was wildly inaccurate early, supposed to be a strength of his.

Hopefully he can speed things up. Hopefully.
------------
I dont think it will make that much difference , if we had a decent O-line maybe , but not with what we have been trotting out there .
------------
I wouldnt give him any more games...we've all seen enough
-------------
But his lack of urgency -- he's just one of those guys who is very deliberate.

He needs to be in a 7 step drop downfield passing attack like Bruce Arians runs.
-----------
I left at halftime .....never did that before and I have watched nearly every Texans home game.
-----------
This guy is so bad. I don't know how he's in the NFL. Even on a practice squad. He was like, what, 8-31 for 86 yards at one point against the leagues worst defense? Get McGloin in there for pete's sake. I can't believe people actually wanted this guy to play.

He wasn't a capable QB at Rutgers, or PItt, or whatever other school he had to play at since he couldn't start. He effectively neutralized a top 5 WR for most of the game and completely took a 2nd really good WR out of the game. This guy sucks.
-----------
He has the look of an protypical nfl QB but is he an nfl qb no was hoping he could be decent enough to get us a late pick but looks like that won't Happen
--------------
https://boards.houstontexans.com/fo...ull-pen/1250745-the-season-is-officially-over

The season is officially over

See you all next year.
-----------
The Texans have basically treaded water over the past few years, getting better at some positions while purposely allowing others to slide. The Jaguars and the Titans have been slowly but steadily improving, which everyone knows. Finally, those two teams have become real threats to win the division. It was bound to happen.
------------
I guess we will all Have to enjoy Brady winning his 6th Super Bowl ring again this year. Some guys just have it made again and again and again and again and again and again.
------------
The Pats are more than beatable this year. I know we lost our two best pass rushers, but I honestly felt before the DW4 injury that we had a chance in every game. I mean the Rams and the Eagles are the two best teams this year...c'mon.

Rams will get back to reality once they start playing decent opponents, but we were going toe to toe with the best. Now, I don't see us winning more than 2 more games. And what sucks is that we don't have any picks to root for a tank.
-------------
http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/so-what’s-there-to-look-forward-to-now.112643/

So, what’s there to look forward to now?

You're about to see Savage add a D to his name. Should disabuse any notions of the OL being A-OK.
-----------
Sign Kapernick and we can look forward to a season of scrutiny, controversy, ridicule, criticism, praise and a 8-8 record.
-----------
Savage won’t even make it to halftime.

They are not going to win another game.
---------
I kind of feel free now like a weight has been lifted. I don’t feel obligated to watch anymore for the rest of this season.
----------
For the record, I too do not believe they will win another game this year.
---------
I'll still grill, drink beer and watch the games. Might be more beer involved though. Maybe some whiskey.
----------
I bet if the players had the option of just saying “F’ck it, concede the rest of games” they’d snap it up in a heartbeat.
----------
Look forward to? Free Sundays with the kids?
----------
Well...if Brady goes down Hoyer becomes their starter. That'd be fun to watch.
----------
Back to the same old grind offensively and all other teams offenses have to do against our defense is throw deep as often as possible and we will lose by blowout in most of the losses we are sure to get.
----------
The fat lady is singing.
-----------
I look forward to OBrien getting fired, Rick getting reassigned and McNair selling the team.
-----------
This is a 3-13 team. Move along folks, nothing to see here. . .
----------
Houston is where the draw play goes to die.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, they have QB, OL and maybe some defensive issues..

But they have a ton of playmakers on offense, and defensively they have been good - plus an entire week of hearing how the Rams are going to put it on them, coupled with having just lost at home to a bad team, they're going to be motivated.

And they're going to come out pounding the rock, which the Rams have struggled with. This is obviously a game we should win, but we all thought that about the Redskins too - and Cousins didn't do much to beat us. Great run game and forcing turnovers, which is a formula the Texans can copy.

We need to come out motivated too and put them away early.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I actually think we can do a lot for Kaep's career. We knock out Savage...or make him look so inept that Billy O-B goes and gets a running QB to save his season...:rolllaugh:

I still wanted to see Watson this week...damn injuries!:banghead:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/11/7/16617128/red-zone-play-why-not-kaepernick

I wonder how long Savage lasts as the starter? Tj Yates will probably get put in soon, I assume. We’re probably going to lose by 40 to the Rams on Sunday, so maybe the first half of that game will be the last time we ever see Tom Savage starting in an NFL game.
-----------
It's gotta be McGloin before Yates, no?
My money is on half time Sunday as well.
-----------
Maybe they should teach each back-up QB 10 plays. Let each play the one half of the game, then decide who to move forward with.
-----------
4th Quarter of the Rams game. BoB won't pull Savage at the half.
He will wait until the 4th. Game will be out of hand, and BoB can say game was out of hand and he was protecting Savage the starting QB.

Then, he gets asked the usual postgame questions about if Savage or Yates will be QB1 moving forward. BoB gives the standard generic non-committal answers. And Yates ends up starting the next game. Yates will need the full week to prepare because he can’t take QB1 reps this week, IMO, because BoB is giving Savage one more full’ish game vs. Rams so that he slowplays Yates into the job the next week.

James Otto

Starter
Yes, they have QB, OL and maybe some defensive issues..

But they have a ton of playmakers on offense, and defensively they have been good - plus an entire week of hearing how the Rams are going to put it on them, coupled with having just lost at home to a bad team, they're going to be motivated.

And they're going to come out pounding the rock, which the Rams have struggled with. This is obviously a game we should win, but we all thought that about the Redskins too - and Cousins didn't do much to beat us. Great run game and forcing turnovers, which is a formula the Texans can copy.

We need to come out motivated too and put them away early.

Rams will win by four touchdowns. They are tired of being disrespected.

TexasRam

Legend
Hold on guys let’s not get ahead of
Ourselves. I have serious concerns that we could struggle beating this Houston team....

tenor.gif