What Saints Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/d...e-lean-our-offense-get-w-376314/#.WhQ98kqnE2w

With the defense limping into LA. We are going to have lean on our offense to get the W.

Not being a Debbie downer. Just being realistic with the current state of injuries on defense.

With LA coming off a big loss that was supposed to be their statement game. I feel this game could be another high scoring affair.

Yet, I do feel our teams performs a bit better on the road. Drew starting to seem to going on a tear after how he got on a hot streak.

If the defense doesn't come in healthy and having to depend on Harris losing his man in coverage for wide open TDs. It's going to be a long day.

Point Blank: if Harris has to start = A loss or another crazy shootout.

A loss Sunday wouldn't hurt. We have bigger fish to fry with our division on the line against Carolina, it wouldn't be the end of the world to loss to LA.

Defense needs to get healthy is a big concern for this high powered Rams offense.The key to that game is going to be the quality of coverage to confuse Goff and Dline to contain Gurley and Goff. We got our hands full when healthy. We have our heads floating above water in the current state of injuries.

What's your level of optimism going into LA? If we can win. It's pretty huge.
-----------
I still think the Rams are a better matchup for us than Washington was. Vaccaro says he's back next week, Klein might be as well. But if either of them are not 100%, I'd save them for the following week. The last thing we want is for them to tweak something with two division games in four days on the horizon.
---------
It's big because it's an NFC opponent. Hendrickson's just gonna have to put his big boy pants on and rush some Goff on Sunday.
------------
The Defensive Line must play better, and our Linebackers have to play the game of their season, thus far. We cannot have the movement off the ball that occurred yesterday, else Gurley is going for 200 yards and 3 TDs. Then we will adjust, and Goff will pitch 3 TD passes in the second half on us.

LBers were not gap-picking, and the stunts weren't working. We had to resort to Blitzing, that left us vulnerable often...so vulnerable that twice, the WR had nobody withing 15 yards when they caught the ball.

The time that Cousins had to throw the ball is almost unforgivable.

We are not ready for that team, if we plan on playing like we did yesterday. I dont care if we have to go find 5 more LBers and try them out, do it.

That said...we can win this game, if we prepare properly.
----------
RUN THE BALL.

Rams are 28th in the league defending the run. Run the ball and keep our defense off the field.
----------
The Vikings just provided the blueprint. Shut down Gurley (or contain him) and then we might have a chance. Gurley only had 37 yds rushing. Without the running game Goff was holding onto the ball and getting pounded.

Meanwhile the Vikings rushed for over 150 yds against the Rams.

It's gonna be tough because the Rams have a good defense. However, our balanced attack gives us a good chance to take this one.
---------
Obviously we need our Secondary healthy to face Goff but Gurley might be the bigger issue. Having KV near the LOS scrimmage would help contain that beast.
---------
I expect another high scoring game, but the defense should play better than this week. I think we give up 24.
----------
I would rather us rest our injured guys and not rush them back. Obviously we will need everyone we can to beat the rams however IMO it's not worth risking them re aggravating an injury and being out longer or the whole season.

The panthers game is 100% more important than the rams game. With this team I really don't care if we play on the road throughout the playoffs as long as we have everyone as healthy as possible.
----------
The Rams don't do a lot of cutesy stuff from what I've seen. They run the ball and throw it vertically. But Goff looks like a 2-read QB. I think they split the field in half for him a lot. If we can get good coverage on the outside receivers its really going to limit what they can do in the passing game. Gurley concerns me more, he's the best offensive player we're going to go up against all season probably.

They have a lot of guys who can rush the passer so running the ball 40 times needs to be an option.
----------
LA is so overrated. Want to see what their offense did against the 3 top 10 defenses they've faced?

248 yards per game, sacked 8 times, had 6 turnovers, averaged 10 points per game. Record 1-2. The one win came against the Jags when they had 2 special teams TD's.

They put up a lot of points against a lot of really bad teams. Niners, Colts and Giants. Then against the Texans and Cardinals with backup QB's. Their 1 quality win they had two special teams TD's. A kick return and punt block returned, their only two special teams scores of the season.
----------
The Rams game feels the opposite of the skins game. On paper the skins game shoulda been an easy win but we all knew it wouldn't be. The Rams game on paper looks to be a dog fight in the making but I think we'll hanlde them easily.
--------
Run the ball, stop Gurley, don't bite on PA. Way easier said then done if we struggle against Gurley early. We're really going to have to earn this one.
----------
Goff isn't as good as Kirk Cousins and they're missing their best WR.

The Rams also have major troubles stopping the run. 28th in run defense. We should be able to run the ball pretty well. The more I read about the Rams the more confident I get - I don't get the sense that they're really ready for a smashmouth game in the trenches.
--------
The Redskins are better than the Rams. All of the Rams wins are against teams with losing records. ----------
We are better than LA and have a good chance to win, but we must have as many hands on deck the next week to begin the process of locking down the NFC South.
-----------
We need to pound the rock against LA like we did against Buffalo, but we need to get back on the trajectory of creating turnovers and QB sacks.
---------
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/wr-robert-woods-will-out-couple-weeks-376349/#.WhRBHkqnE2w

WR Robert Woods will be out for a couple of weeks

Sucks for him... But, one less Rams weapon we have to worry about....
---------
Lattimore already shut down Woods and he probably isn't even playing.
---------
Thaaaaat's a shame
---------
They still have Watkins and without Lattimore any reciever will give us fits. It’s going to be another tough game that Brees and the offense will have to win for us. Unfortunately, this time it will be on the road out west. One positive is that their weakness on defense is stopping the run.
----------
Sammy Watkins is talented, but he hasn't been dynamic this year at all.

I'm not saying he won't give us trouble, but it may not be as bad as it seems. Robert Woods was by far their best WR. It's big that he's out.
----------
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/strong-possibility-rams-top-wr-out-next-week-376303/#.WhRCGEqnE2w

Strong Possibility Ram's Top WR is Out Next Week

This would make Kupp their #1 and I think Lat, if he is healthy, can shutdown Kupp.

The make or break for Saints victory next week is likely how well we contain, or not, Gurley. He's a beast.
----------
I would say Watkins is their top guy after Woods.
---------
their secondary is banged up, which I think is a bigger factor. After seeing Theilen score a slip-one-guy long RAC TD yesterday, I can see some quick outs to Ginn.
----------
Cupp plays mostly in the slot. I would guess that Latt would be on Watkins.
---------
The Rams passing game doesn't seem to flow through one guy like that ... even if Woods were out, I don't think it would hamper them much.
----------
In the last 3-weeks, Woods has 350 yards and 4 TDs. Those are elite WR numbers.
---------
Anyone who DOES NOT believe that Dennis Allen, Aaron Glenn and Mike Nolan will have a scheme to confuse and disrupt the Rams' young QB (Goff), I have a word of advice:

Put-the-pipe-down!
smoke.gif

----------
I think the Vikings just showed the league how it's done. Break that tape down and see if you have the personnel and capability to replicate. Not many will, but it was pretty incredible what they did to the Rams.
----------
Agree 100%. On the other side, Wade Phillips will absolutely have a scheme to attack our offense. Expect Brees to get roughed up. But if we can run like we have over the win streak this will alleviate the pressure on Brees. The Rams have a lot of take-aways. We really need to eliminate turnovers and all should be fine.
---------
Is Watkins gonna play?

We'll definitely need Latt to shut down Watkins.

If we get Vaccaro and Klein back healthy to keep Gurley in check, without Woods in the short passing game, it'll be a long day for Goff.
-----------
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/new-orleans-saints/rams-will-be-without-robert-woods/73643512/

Rams will be without Robert Woods

Vaccaro and Klein need to be back. Gurley is going to eat us alive if there's this much miscommunication.

I trust Crawley to deal with Sammy, pj on kupp. But bell on Gurley is not good.
----------
Well there's a silver lining. They still have Gurley and Watkins though. But we desperately need Klein and Vaccaro. I think PJ and Crawley can limit Kupp and Watkins.

If Klein and Vaccaro aren't back though we are going to get gashed by Gurley
---------
He’s a reliable player but not a major concern either way.
---------
Woods hasn't been solid?
He is the 15th highest scoring WR in fantasy, 47 catches, 4 TD, and 703 yards

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am surprised with a lot of the comments. None that are harsh, yeah some say we are overrated but a lot are still keeping it honest. Gurley can be trouble, but our concern is how we attack the Saints and keep it consistent. They will run Ingram like there is no tomorrow. Saints fans are good sports(y)

Last edited:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not very confident about this game. Especially with our current secondary. Hatfield got tested last week and got exposed.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Can’t blame them for being confident. We did nothing last week to prove we’re for real.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Their run defense isn't that good. Giving up almost as many yards as we are and more per carry. Stuff TG3 down their throats and hope for the best.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I dont like making predictions, but I like this matchup better for us. I didnt not like the Minnesota game which is why I didnt post much last week lol. We will win this game.

I think we can score on this defense. I also think our d line can give their oline fits. Their oline is physical but not very athletic. I think Wade will use our quickness up front to penatrate their line play. Kamara is my concern. With us getting penatration he has the ability to break a big gain off at any point. I like New Orleans offensive line but I think we are just too quick for them and on top of that nobody can block Donald. Once we get penatration its more about getting a hand in Brees face and blocking his throwing lanes.

On offense we need to get Gurley involved in both the passing game and run game. They seem to play a lot of zone which I think plays into our hands. Just be patient and take what the defense gives us. Also they are weak against the run. This should be a Gurley day! NO has given up the most 20+ yard gains....one more than the Rams.

Score early, keep Brees of the field by controlling the clock and I think we will win this game. New Orleans is a great team IMO and a legit SB contender but I think we do match up better against these guys than we did against Minnesota.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not very confident about this game. Especially with our current secondary. Hatfield got tested last week and got exposed.

Anyone who plays in the NFL isn't terrible. There's a reason he made the team. He was exposed but they didn't have a game plan to work him in and cover his deficiencies. If he's playing next game I imagine Wade will devise a scheme to limit his liabilities until he starts figuring out NFL receivers and routes. I would not expect him to be that bad this week.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am surprised with a lot of the the comments. None that are harsh, yeah some say we are overrated but a lot are still keeping it honest. Gurley can be trouble, but our concern is how we attack the Saints and keep it consistent. They will run Ingram like there is no tomorrow. Saints fans are good sports(y)
The Saints Fans do seem like the most Football savvy group of Fans we've gone against all year!!(y);):LOL::D

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone who plays in the NFL isn't terrible. There's a reason he made the team. He was exposed but they didn't have a game plan to work him in and cover his deficiencies. If he's playing next game I imagine Wade will devise a scheme to limit his liabilities until he starts figuring out NFL receivers and routes. I would not expect him to be that bad this week.
Haha hey I didn't say Hatfield was a terrible football player (obviously x9999 better than I). But just for the sake of conversing, you could be terrible relative to the rest of the NFL, which is what matters IMO.

Hatfield is a backup CB (and ST). His job is to be ready for that exact moment. If we didn't have a game plan, that's bad coaching. I doubt that we didn't have game plan to work him in.

I agree that we can probably scheme better to limit his deficiencies but that will open up things elsewhere. It's not just Hatfield. Countess did not impress at all either.

There is hope for them to get better, but last week's game didn't give me many reasons to be optimistic.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He played horrible , where is countess? Hatfield can not be out number 2 corner or Brees will destroy us

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
He played horrible , where is countess? Hatfield can not be out number 2 corner or Brees will destroy us
I disagree to some extent. Having Hatfield line up 10 yds off the wr is too much cushion. Giving Hatfield no Safety help hurts too. He needed to be put in a position to not hurt this team. He was not given such an opportunity. I personally blamed Wade for this (Td pass Hatfield lined up in zone with nobody covering zone behind him awful D call), but I also agree that Hatfield needs to execute.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Their run defense isn't that good. Giving up almost as many yards as we are and more per carry. Stuff TG3 down their throats and hope for the best.

This is a game we will miss Brown. Stuffing it down their throats with a healthy run attack is so vital in this game. Hope we are up to the task.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I am surprised with a lot of the comments. None that are harsh, yeah some say we are overrated but a lot are still keeping it honest. Gurley can be trouble, but our concern is how we attack the Saints and keep it consistent. They will run Ingram like there is no tomorrow. Saints fans are good sports(y)

It's because the Saints sucked last year. I get it, they are being careful, same as most of us logical ram fans.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I find it funny how some fans can call us overrated and talk about the schedule. But yet forget that they had a cake walk schedule due to many different things and have not really beaten any top ten teams. But hey i guess thats the Kool-Aid talking lol

upload_2017-11-21_12-10-31.png

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a game where we will have to score 35 points or more to win. Brees will slice and dice our defense if the Saints running game gets going and it will. After the Vikings debacle I have no more confidence in the Rams run D. This game will come down to whether Goff and company can get back to scoring in bunches and whether our ST's can do their normal thing.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The D needs to have a 3 or 4 interception day. Got to stop the run and make Brees throw it out of a well. Have to get Gurley going early and let him take the game over in the 2nd half.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Well, not only did the Rams lose Webster & Coleman last week, but Troy Hill has been out too and that's why Hatfield was next man up. Hill should be back this week, but I would cut Hatfield and promote Kevin Peterson from the PS or sign somebody because it was just unacceptable losing Thielen like that.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Last year in the week 12 blow out Ingram rushed for 146 yards on us needing just 14 carries.

Good Lord...+10 yards a pop.

Granted that team was mailing 'em in. Still, I think our task this week is quite clear.