What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Im a skins fan but alot of us see us losing this game.

Your team has a ways to go to come back and be a winning organization. Ownership aside there is a lot of work to do, and I think people underestimate how hard it is to flip around a culture that has been mired in mediocrity for many years.

The Rams are going to win this game and IMO it won't be the type of event that causes any stress among the Rams fanbase. It'll be a win where they control the game most of the time.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well the Redskins did finally dump Jim Haslett so their defense instantly gets better by default this season. And they have talent on that side of the ball so I don't blame Redskins fans having some confidence because of it. Foles will need to protect the football and the o-line needs to do a better job of run blocking this week but I think we have the talent to overcome but will be another good test for this very young offense.

However, I think their fans are kidding themselves comparing the Dolphins D to ours. No one can compare to Aaron Donald in the entire NFL at the moment. The kid is just unblockable. The entire D played much more disciplined last week than I ever saw them play all of last year. And every week I see some opposing fans rag on our secondary. I don't think that's something that'll be happening later in the season. The Mc brothers are playing lights out and we are thin at CB but the starters are very good still. I don't think most fans we'll play this season will know exactly whats coming at their offense until they witness it themselves. :cool:

A55VA6

Legend
You do know he was being sarcastic.

Btw we alloed only 1 sack against miami DL. Alot of you dont know squat about the skins so far.
lol just trying to have some fun, man.

In all seriousness, I think the Skins were a whole lot better last week than people thought they would be. This game has trap written all over it because the Rams are still riding the high of the Seattle win.

I'm a bit worried because I'm still not sold on the Rams 0-line, and facing guys like Knighton, Hatcher, and Kerrigan is going to make for a tough day.

I still think the Rams win this one, and they'll get more than 1 sack. I'm calling for 5.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
54134163.jpg

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Are these from extremeskins? Those people are straight up retarded. I can almost guarantee they have a Super Bowl thread started; December 7th, when they play the Cowboys.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm a Cowboys fan. Get the hell off my board! Oh, wait....

As long as he isn't a Chargers fan or a Cheatriots fan, he's all right in my book (I say this because I have met and known an intelligent Seahags fan on another board where I write, and he at least knows his team's history. He's not a bandwagoner, as much as I hate to admit it.)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are these from extremeskins? Those people are straight up retarded. I can almost guarantee they have a Super Bowl thread started; December 7th, when they play the Cowboys.
" Pearl Harbor Day for somebody!!"

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Without D Jax, stack the box and take away Morris. Let Janoris blanket Garcon. GG. Should be a good test for out Oline to blast open some holes. I don't expect much in the running game, again.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You do know he was being sarcastic.

Btw we alloed only 1 sack against miami DL. Alot of you dont know squat about the skins so far.
As I've said before, we welcome fans from other teams as long as they recognize this is a RAMS site and are respectful. Give respect here and you will get it even if you are a fan of an opposing team. We have many of them here and several even stick around and post when we are not getting ready to play their team.

The post you quoted wasn't directed at you and being that you are on a Rams forum, you are going to have to expect us to be fans of our team - not yours. It's cool defending your team and all. I would hope you would. But instead of telling us we don't know squat about your team, give us the low down on what you see as a Redskins fan.

All that said - welcome aboard.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The Cowboys fans will show up large at FedEx. I might go to this game as well.

You'll get to see the Man, the Myth, the Legend, Aaron Donald. Oh, and little Tavon shutter bugging up the field.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Alot of you dont know squat about the skins so far.
This is all I got:
You are 4-21 in your last 25 games....You started out fairly strong this last game....I believe jumping out to a 10 point lead...Your best corner is gone for the game...Your best wr is gone for several games (get well D-Jax, Long BEACH in da house, oops)...Your special teams gave the game away (missed FG's & the killer punt return)...Your running game seems strong, which leads me to believe your O-Line is pretty good. Should be an excellent challenge for the MOB Squad (que the t-shirts)....Morris is pretty damn good...Meet Ogletree, our All-Pro LB....Cousins actually played pretty good, which means we'll get to see if our Defense is only as good as the Phins...That is, if we make him look terrible, it may suggest we are better, which most on this site truly believe. Your team committed 14 penalties (11 accepted), don't worry we've been there done that, which usually shows lack of discipline and lack of coaching (IMO), plus a sprinkle of immature players...hope whatever it is, we don't catch it..just had our best penalty game in some time....
Cousins threw 2 picks....Your stadium sucks too, even had a #3 upside down on the field (what's up with that?)...and RGIII still gets a bunch of air-time even as a scout team safety...

How am I doin? I could go on....

Psycho_X

Legend
Your stadium sucks too, even had a #3 upside down on the field (what's up with that)

Maybe it's RG3s way of secretly signaling distress.... like an upside down flag. He snuck out at night and did it in hopes someone would come rescue him and treat him like the super star he knows he is.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=56236

Week 2 Rams

Rams are favored by 3.
Ross will be active to receive and KO returns.
CB Will Blackmon signed because of Culliver, suspended, and Ihenacho, IR wrist.
---------
Has the potential to be another low score game.

It is so hard to make final judgement based off Week 1 that the second week is hard to predict too.

Secondary loses Culliver but get Breeland back. It is probably a net positive but still leaves the depth thin.

The key to this game could be how well our rushing attack can do against the Rams. Have to convert more of those good looking drives into points and please of please can we avoid another special teams blunder?
--------
I will be all over Rams -3
--------
this one could get ugly quickly

their defensive line is comprised of 4 #1 picks

Scherff goes from Suh to Donald, who was absolutely a wrecking ball last week
--------
Going from Suh and Wake last week to Donald and Quinn this one isn't much of a breather for this offense. The Rams are solid up front on D, need to run and protect.

Offensively, Foles runs hot and cold. They need to limit the TE Cook and last week the young RB Cunningham ran well. Possible that Gurley might see some action as well.

Both the Skins and Rams gave up special teams returns for td's, so likely something to watch there as well.
--------
i think we should send RGIII out there for the coin toss just to tweak Fisher
--------
Good job by this site on Jared Cook. Click link below to watch the videos.
http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/9/16/9338107/redskins-vs-rams-week-2-player-spotlight-jared-cook

Redskins vs Rams Week 2 Player Spotlight: Jared Cook
By Alex Rowsey on Sep 16, 2015

usa-today-8800666.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports
With all the focus on Aaron Donald and Tavon Austin, the Redskins can't sleep on the Rams weapon at TE.

Jared Cook

Tight End

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 254 lbs.

College: South Carolina

NFL Draft: 2009 - Round: 3 - Pick: 89

Form

Jared Cook was an absolute monster last week and basically did whatever he wanted against the Seattle Seahawks. He was targeted six times and caught five of them for 85 yards. He primarily worked the seams and sidelines. Though a trait typically not seen in TEs, Cook showed off his impressive ability to stretch the field. He has big play ability and it appears that new Ram QB Nick Foles will be looking for him a lot.

He's incredibly hard to defend because he's so big/strong but also very fast. I see no reason why he wouldn't continue to be Foles' favorite target, especially considering the Rams lackluster WR corps. Though he has a history of disappearing for games at a time, he was plenty visible last week. I expect he'll continue to be featured in the Rams offensive attack.

Skills

First-and-foremost, Cook is a receiver. He led the Rams in receiving last year with 634 yards, which is incredibly impressive for anyone, but especially a TE. Still, he's more than just a receiving threat like Jordan Reed. Cook excels in pass protection as well and is aided by his massive 6'5", 254-lb. frame. That frame helps a lot in another particular area of the field... the red-zone.

Cook has 16 TD receptions over the course of his career (92 games). He runs very well (has been clocked in the 40 at sub 4.5) and has prototypical size for the position. He has all the skills of a Pro Bowl-caliber TE. It's obvious that Jeff Fisher likes Cook's skills and thinks he has Pro Bowl potential as he coached him in Tennessee and then brought him to St. Louis and promptly gave him a nice five-year contract.

He has a very exciting skill set, especially/primarily as a receiver and he's definitely the best one the Rams have. Even Shannon Sharpe has publicly stated that Cook has "big-time ability" and has the chance to be a "very explosive receiver." He's been developing since he came into the league in 2009 and based on what we saw last year and last week, I'd say his time has come. When thinking of Cook's skills, just keep two things in mind: speed down the seam and size in the red-zone. The seam and the red-zone are his bread and butter.

Potential Against the Redskins

Read the line I wrote at the end of the "Skills" section. The Redskins have been notorious for getting burned by TEs... especially down the seam. Of course, most of that came during our time with Jim Haslett at DC. Hopefully things are improved under Joe Barry, but we still start Keenan Robinson and Perry Riley at ILB. Obviously, they, along with Dashon Goldson and Trenton Robinson, are going to have their hands full with Cook. He's a guy that Foles clearly loves and targets with great frequency.

We'll need our defensive front to apply a lot of pressure on Foles so Cook doesn't have the time necessary to get up to speed and really stretch the field down the seam. He's known for getting yards and TDs more than a lot of receptions. That tells you that the routes that Cook excels the most on require time for him to use his speed to gash defenses for big chunks of yardage.

The other area of real concern is the red-zone. I'm not sure how you match-up with the guy. He's 6'5" and has a 41" vertical. Hopefully you watched the video at the top of this article. That's Dr. J-type hops. Oh, and he's 254 lbs. It just really feels like he can do anything he wants in the red-zone. I think the Redskins may have to double-team him in that area of the field while also remaining aware of Tavon Austin on reverses and even runs out of the backfield. I expect Dashon Goldson to be the one to primarily cover Cook. He probably has the best chance out of anyone on our roster.

Interesting Facts

Cook was one of the five Rams players who made the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" gesture before a game against the Raiders last year to show solidarity with the social justice community in response to the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

Cook spends most of his time during the offseason between Nashville and Suwanee, GA. He went to HS in GA and while there played WR and FS. He was rated as the 24th best player in GA and the 40th best WR in the nation. He also played basketball and his AAU basketball team won a national championship. He majored in retail at South Carolina. His nickname is "Cookie." You can check out his Twitter account here: @JaredCook89.

One-on-One with Jared Cook (September 15th, 2015)

Jared Cook Press Conference - 9/11

Nick Foles to Jared Cook for 30 Yards (Week 1 vs Seattle)
----------------
Last Year Vs. Skins
4 catches 61 yards 2 TDs
---------------
After watching the sports lab video....
Makes me feel like this dude is gonna smoke us just like last year…
----------
I can't wait for Keenan Robinson to body slam this clown.
---------
Yessssss.....Focus on Cookie
It shall be Bailey’s week!
-----------
Turf Show Times resident coming in peace...
I’m actually here to make fun of one our players. Jared Cook – while he’s a lot of things you say – is literally the worst blocking TE in the history of the NFL. Like ever.

He just doesn’t want to, and it’s pretty evident…because, ya know, he doesn’t.
______by Brandon Bate
----------
Not surprising
It seems most TE’s these days either want to just catch the ball or just block. Not a whole lot of complete packages anymore. Sounds like Cook is at least a "plus" receiver for a TE.

Here’s hoping that both teams escape without any serious injuries on Sunday.
---------
Cheers to that
Lance Kendricks is definitely the more well-rounded TE…but he’s sloooow. Cook is definitely big. He’s definitely fast. But he can’t block…unless it’s Austin Davis trying to shake his hand after he dropped a sure touchdown :)
______by Brandon Bate

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To tweak him? I think he means to make him laugh hysterically when he sees him walk out for the coin toss.

200.gif

Yes, and the whole team will be laughing so hard that they won't be ready to play. It's a great strategy.

cigar_brilliant.jpg