What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
35-14 skins

Sunshine 5 td passes
--------
their offense is garbage. We know exactly who Nick Foles is. Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really. Their offense sucks.

That said, this is the NFL. They will score points. I think anywhere from 10-17 points.

That leaves our offense. I really don't seeiing us moving the ball, period. Would be a pleasant surprise to be wrong.
---------
I'd venture to say that Miami's D is better overall and we moved the ball against them.

----------
Dude, the Rams are terrible. We win this going away. 2014 game is a distant memory.

khjgh.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://es.redskins.com/topic/392947-redskins-rams-prediction-thread-battle-of-the-d-line/

BATTLE OF THE D-LINE

When: 1:00 P.M. /Noon CST

Where: Fed Ex Field

Ok, week 1 is behind us. The sky isn't falling after all; well, at least to most it isn't.

Sunday, the Redskins welcome the St. Louis Rams into FedEx Field for what is seemingly a yearly event now.

Since 2006, the Redskins are an abysmal 2-5 against the Rams, not something to write home about.

The Rams come off an impressive win against the Seahawks, leading by 13 going into the 4th, and hanging on in OT to get the win.

Everyone knows my next comment; Gregg Williams; the DC I hoped would bury the hatchet and come back, but it didn't turn out that way. ****. He has his front d-linemen hitting hard and playing aggressive, with one player in particular to watch out for, named Aaron Donald. This guy could be a game changer in this league. 6 sacks on Russell Wilson says enough, the Redskins o-line has their work cut out for them, and when Williams smells blood, he turns up the heat.

The Redskins come off a disappointing loss, but all losses are, right? Actually, it was a pleasant surprise to see the team playing 60 minutes of physical football. Kirk Cousins played ok, not great, not bad, but wasn't getting a lot of help from the WRs; DJax went out early with a hamstring injury and Roberts couldn't catch a yeast infection if he was making love to Betty Crocker wearing a Bisquick condom.

The defense really surprised me. They played hard, physical football, and even though they dropped a few pics, they looked overall improved over the junk we had last year.

Special teams remains special, I'm not sure what it would take to get a competing ST group to not give up pr/kr for TDs, but something has to be done to stop this. Wash rinse repeat, same ol' same ol'.

This will be another tough game for Cousins, he will be getting pressure all game long; how well he handles it will determine the outcome, but it will not be an easy outing. Look for Morris to be the focal point of the Rams D, so maybe the time is right for another RB to shine on sunday; got any ideas?

This will be a win for the Redskins, but it'll be a nail-biter.

Redskins 20

Rams 17
----------
Rams 24 Skins 14. Sadly I feel 0-5 start coming : (
---------
The Redskins need this win very badly if not we could be staring at 0-4. But even with that said the secondary is going to get tested this week by the rams. Look for the rams to shut down the run. I hate fisher i hate the rams. But i have a bad feeling about this one.
Rams 27
Skins 13
--------
Will be bow hunting and wont be able to watch or hear about the game. The Skins rarely win when I watch (I watch every game) so i think they got this.

Skins 24
Lambs 17
-------
Rams are one of those teams we always struggle with no matter what.

Rams-27
Skins-13
-------
Redskins 74, Rams 3.
-------
Has to come true one day right?
My prediction is skins 28, rams 10. No idea why
--------
Ram 31 Skin 17
sad.png

-------
Rams 20 Redskins 7. Very physical game this week, hope for no injuries. They just beat the Seahawks on opening day and think the Rams with Foles are a different team then the Rams with Austin Davis. Next week we get the Giants and we can win that game but don’t like this game this week after what went down today
-------
Redskins 23 Rams 20

Cousins leads a game winning drive, and the D holds
--------
This is the nightmare game for Kirk Cousins. While our OL played tough against the best DL front in the NFL last week, GW's schemes will include a potpourri of inside stunts and blitzes that will lead to 4 Capt Kirk turnovers. Tavon Austin is maybe the best return man in the NFL and will take one to the house.

27-13 Rams.
--------
I'll take a wild guess:

Everyone in this thread will slurp the Rams and act like they are world beaters (Like the Dolphins) because the beat the Seahawks Week 1 even though history has shown that Week 1 results are flukes

It'll be a close game. They aren't a good team guys.

Skins 17
Rams 13
--------
27-13 Rams.

I suspect the Rams Defense gets a TD or two against us, after that piss poor mediocre performance from Kirk against the Dolphins I don't have much confidence in his ability to stave off a known commodity that is the rather potent Ram's D.

If Kirk can not throw multiple INTs maybe I'll start believing but... it'd be a blessing if he could get it down to just once a game.
--------
I don't have a good feeling about this game at all. Even when we are decent, we lose to this team. I fear their passing game, I fear their special teams, and I fear their defense. I would anticipate a similarly conservative game plan which means we will need to sustain drives and cut down on negative plays (the downside to those 15-play drives is that you increase the odds of turnovers, sacks, penalties, etc.).

I'd love to be wrong, but I see a pretty ugly game. I think they score right off the bat and slowly grow the lead. By halftime we'll be looking at a 17-0 deficit. I see our offense finally punching in a score early in the fourth after the Ram lead is 24-0. They will add a late FG for a 27-8 final.

Gross week 2, but a quick turnaround for a road game is the silver lining. Less time to panic about this one.
---------
Watch us lose because of a missed FG...
--------
We'll find a way to blow it.

Rams 24
Skins 20
---------
Rams 59, Redskins 6. Kirk throws 4 interceptions. Gruden tells the press that he played well with the exception of those 4 plays. He then talks about the passes that were completed. Pretty good job there kirk, he says. Just got to work on those 4 plays now.
-------
I think our defense will shut down the Rams running game. We are familiar with Foles and know his tendencies. I'm really not worried about their offense and I feel we will keep their offensive points down. However, I fear that we give up another special teams touchdown as we are just pathetic on teams and the Rams have Bailey & Austin.

When it comes to our offense against their defense we are strongly outmatched. I know our offensive line held their own against Miami's front 7, but I don't think it will be quite the same story this week. I have a bad feeling they shut down our running game from the get go and we are forced to pass too early and often. Cousins will have a few strong plays but then offset them with a few bad ones (at least 2 picks). The loss of Djax's presence will be felt.

All in all I believe we will hang in there and make it a tough, physical game. It just won't be enough though. Rams 20 - Skins 17
---------
Skins need this one and get it, 20-16.
--------
i predicted an ugly game last week and it turned out we did pretty well, albeit a loss. lots of improvement seen. if not for 2nd half penalties and the ST hiccup on their punt return, we really could have won that one... That being said, with the Rams having won a huge emotional game in OT last week against a division rival, I really think we have a chance this week. They might just be overlooking us

Skins 23
Sheep 21
--------
Rams 27
Skins 10

Offense won't do anything again. Tavon Austin has a field day with a punt return and wide receiver reverse for two TDs. Cousins throws two picks again. Run game never gets going. Gruden continues to look incompetent.
--------
I'm not sure that the Dolphins have the best defensive front in the NFL. It's one of the best, but St. Louis's is better. The DL is better and the front as a whole is a lot better when you consider the LBers too. The Rams start a first round pick at every spot in their front except for Akeem Ayers and Alex Ogletree, second round picks. And they have another first round pick in Nick Fairley rotating in from the bench. They have a crazy amount of talent in that front, and most of it is still really young. Their secondary isn't bad either. I think this might be the NFL's #1 defense by the end of the year.

The Bills might have a better front than Miami, and the Jets might have a better front too. Although I think Miami's LBers are better than New York's and Buffalo's. I'd say Carolina has a better front when you factor in the LBers.

The Dophins front relies on having two elite players: Wake and Suh. But Vernon isn't on that level yet, plus he got hurt during the game. Jordan Phillips isn't there yet, and Earl Mitchell is just a guy. Their LBers are good, but not outstanding like St. Louis's and Carolina's. Our OL was able to be effective by designing runs to go away from Suh and using his aggressive, penetrative role to our advantage--letting him get into the backfield and then sealing him off from the lane.

We weren't really afraid of anyone hurting us once we dealt with him. But against St. Louis there's just not a lot of weak points to attack. It's not going to be easy running away from Brockers to the right and dealing with Long, Donald/Fairley, and Ayers. And going left, that Brockers/Lauvao matchup worries me.

I think this game will be the biggest test of our OL this year. I think we're going to have to run away from Brockers and come what may with our other match ups. And we're also going to have to protect our QB against a TON of blitzing and rushing threats.

I think this will be a very low scoring game. 17-10 Rams.
--------
I predict a slow start, 1/2 on field goals in the first half and then getting traction in the second half but too late losing

34 - 20.

Cousins will throw at least one interception and fumble the ball at least once.

Matt Jones will be the featured back in the 2nd Half, and Grant and Ross if they are active won't have a catch till the second half.

(Man I'm way more pessimistic right now than I thought I'd be :/ so maybe reality is somewhere between here and there.)
----------
Rams D line is an issue. Secondary is definitely beatable. No all pro caliber player like the Dolphins...

Their O line is also an issue, for them at least. No Gurley, No Tre Mason...no beast receiver like The Dolphins have...D plays like last week we will be in the game.

Meh. probably another low scoring game that either team could win.
Which means we won't.
But **** it...

Skins 24 Rams 20
--------
I worry more about our running game this week.

I wasn't worried about it last week against the Dolphins. I said I felt Suh, while good, is overrated.

I felt good enough about our rushing attack that I put Morris in on my fantasy team, and I wasn't sorry.
smile.png

This week, though, I feel the Rams have a better run defense. Lynch didn't do too bad against them last week, though his numbers were somewhat inflated by one big run in the second half.

I think the Redskins can win, because I feel people, like the Dolphins, are overrating the Rams.

But it will be tough.
--------
I forgot about Austin on STs. That'll be trouble. You're probably going to be right in most of your predictions, but I don't think the Rams will score that many points. Their offense isn't as good as it looked against Seattle. I think our defense is going to look good against another soft offensive line.
--------
The Rams are better than the Dolphins who went into FedEx, didn't play/coach particularly well or inspired, and walked out with a win.

(Specials putting up a -10 didn't help much either)

Nick Foles is a better QB than Ryan Tannehill....their defense is better than Miami's, with a drissle of Gregg Juice and a generous helping of Fischer Sauce.

Skins aren't very talented (less now without Jackson), aren't particularly well coached by Gruden who now either coaches scared and scores close to nothing or dares to open up the offense and let the current starter throw more than two picks. People here argue for a qb to run his system and he doesn't even know what his system is.

They're gonna be 0-2 and folks, don't blink, caus' they're headed to 0-6 with a bullet. Tampa at home in week 7 is looking like their first honest shot at a win.

Rams - 34
Redskins - 13
--------
I predict that Kirk Cousin will run for his life. I predict he will have a big piece of Fed Ex field stuck to his face mask. I feel the Rams will let us know that we should have kept our picks, and not draft the latest slash in RG3.

I predict the Skins will prove my point that we should have fired of Jay Gruden and got Rexy Ryan instead. Man this is so ugly I can't enjoy football anymore. Why do the Skins make football look like Quantum physics?
--------
Us - 28
Them - 17
--------
Rams 28
Redskins 13

Another long afternoon for us.
---------
Rams 24
Skins 9

It will be a repeat from last week. The game will be close until late where Rams pull away. Halftime adjustments will kill us.
--------
Rams are better than the Dolphins.

17-10 Rams. 'Skins improve, but Rams are still better.

I just hope that we're not talking about a ST blunder next week.
---------
Rams D isn't nearly as good as Dolphins. Watch out for Tayvon Austin. Still I think the Skins win rather easily if they work at limiting penalties. 28-17.
--------
This one feels like a beatdown.

Rams 31
Skins 19
---------
I think we can pull out a win in an ugly turnover ridden game. The Rams have had our number lately, so luck will have to be on our side for once.

Skins 21
Sheep 17
---------
Wipeout

Rams 31
Skins 7

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I know it was last season, but they do know we shut them out last time? I don't think that we'll do it again, but I have to think that we are heavy favorites. Hopefully we don't disappoint.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
The Rams start a first round pick at every spot in their front except for Akeem Ayers and Alex Ogletree, second round picks. And they have another first round pick in Nick Fairley rotating in from the bench. They have a crazy amount of talent in that front, and most of it is still really young. Their secondary isn't bad either. I think this might be the NFL's #1 defense by the end of the year.

Alex Ogletree is a first rounder. I am glad he thinks the Rams will be the #1 defense in the NFL by years end. And I am very curious about all the predictions about the Rams scoring 10-14 pts after scoring 27 pts (subtracted the TA return) on the best D in football last year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Alex Ogletree is a first rounder. I am glad he thinks the Rams will be the #1 defense in the NFL by years end. And I am very curious about all the predictions about the Rams scoring 10-14 pts after scoring 27 pts (subtracted the TA return) on the best D in football last year.

Laurinaitis is a second round pick, though. He must've mixed them up.

No matter. We're still going to kick their asses with the whole defense.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I think that TOO many of these skin fans REALLY believe the hype that with Suh and one decent pass rushing DE is the GREAT defense they think they stayed with most of that game. They have seen NOTHING like Brockers and the IMPROVED Aaron Donald and Quinn is so much better than Miami's Cameron Wake it is'nt funny and I see Chris Long after his first game having a Healthy and very special year.

Miami's LB's are not in our league PERIOD. JL and AO both are ready for one of their best seasons yet. We might even get to rest our dinged CB who was lighting it up. Roberson came in and played just freakin Awesome Ball like his best Gator game ever. Joyner will be up and okay and Jenkins is shutting it down. Not to mention McDonald & Barron and our quiet FS who gets better with age. I see 2-3 picks in my magic eightball on the low end. Our front middle pressure with our LB's play and G. Williams dialing up blitz's Kirk will NEVER see coming. This is not Wilson we're playing.

Biggest concerns is the travel and minor jet lag to be honest. Don't think Fisher will allow an overconfident mindset and JL and CL will slap anyone looking sloppy in practice. OL is a work in progress and will be focused on this 3-4 and one special DE we will need to chip and help Barnes with Knighton and Cunningham should get more yards than last week. The field sucks compared to playing on our home turf but TA will use it to his advantage in returns and when he touches the ball. Two TD win if we keep focus again on low penalties. NO INJURIES!!!

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
The Rams are in no position to expect a win against any team. Coming off an emotional win like sunday's may be setting us up for a bit of a let down. Gotta hope the players are on top of their game.

I like our chances against Cousins even though we haven't faced him. Dude has only played in 4 games in which he hasn't thrown an interception (not counting the ravens playoff game with ten attempts.) Being without Desean and Culliver has got to be a big negative for the Skins. I heard they cut blocked a lot against the Phins to slow down their front so I hope we have a counter for that. Alfred Morris needs to be held in check above all else because he is a good enough RB to take over a game. Alfred ran wild on the Dolphins and I hope that doesn't happen here. Skins also have issues at kicker so scoring is just going to be that much harder for the skins to get points.

Rams should be able to win this game but I hope they don't overlook anyone.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Their O line is also an issue, for them at least. No Gurley, No Tre Mason...no beast receiver like The Dolphins have...D plays like last week we will be in the game.

Has it already been decided that Mason can't go in Week 2? After coming down to a game-time decision for Week 1?!?

I missed that newsflash.....

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Has it already been decided that Mason can't go in Week 2? After coming down to a game-time decision for Week 1?!?

I missed that newsflash.....

Fisher said he had a great warm-up before the Seattle game and felt good, but they held him out just for precaution... I bet he's back in this week.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it possible that we lose this game and go on to have a good year? Yes.

But, in my opinion this is a must win. We have to show consistency, something we've struggled with under Fisher. We must go out and win this game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game scares me a bit. Here's why...

1. We haven't been consistent under Fisher

2. Dating back to last year, Miami's defense has been better than ours - Washington put up some yards on them

3. I'm not fan of Kirk Cousins, but he's a clear upgrade over Colt McCoy, who played when we shut them out last year

4. Most of the guys on this team played in that 24-0 drubbing last year - so do they walk into this one thinking it'll be easy? Also, emotional let down after high intensity victory.

I hope we win easily, but I think it'll be a fight. On top of all that, the Redskins will do everything they can to avoid going 0-2 to start the season at HOME. I'll go out on a limb and say that generally when teams lose their first two home games of the season, that season ends early. So in a sense, the Skins will be fighting for their lives. And we're on the road.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have seen this way too much. So many analysts and others are blaming the Seahawks lose on Kam Chancellor being out. Do these idiots realize we were on our third string RB, along with not having Quick or Gaines? All the people saying we beat the Seahawks only because Kam Chancellor was out need to shut up.
plus trumaine johnson was out for 35 minutes............to which ramhusker agreed they suddenly started the 5 yard dumps to receivers on that side of the field

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Skins just don't have enough talent. Barry is off to a good start as DC but he's facing an offense that has been quietly stocked with picks and which is now maturing under an OC who is also off to a good start. The talent differential on both sides is pretty big IMO.

Then you have special teams. Rams are a mismatch for the Skins in all three phases. That's a bad mix for a team looking to avoid 0-2 and more QB controversy.

Rams are gonna blow them the F out. I will be very disappointed if it's not that type of result.

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
After the game there was a guy.wearing a Redskins shirt outside the dome...pointed at him and said " you guys are next"

He took almost as much abuse as the kid on the escalator wearing a "Free Brady" cap on the way in to the game, that I kindly pointed out to the crowd

Penguin.

Rookie
I am very excited to watch this game. Two very physical teams are going to go at it, but the Rams will win.

In the NFC East, what teams are as physical as the Redskins? None. Eagles are finess. Giants are finess. The Cowboys are kind of physical, but compared to the NFC West? Hell no. The Redskins don't take and give beating the same way the Rams do. By the second half, watch their players. They are going to look tired, sore, and beat mentally and physically.

Their defense looks pretty decent, which scares me. Our offensive line is very mediocre. Foles won't have much time to throw, unless we use a lot of play action with Tavon and Benny. We will need Benny to pick up those hard to get third down conversions like he did against a superior defense in Seattle. With Benny playing how he did on Sunday, why rush Gurley? Spell Benny with Mason, or vice versa and let Cunningham return kicks for Christ's sake. Don't let Pead touch the ball please.

Our Wide Receivers are solid. Britt is good. Austin is surprisingly better, a lot better. Bailey is looking fantastic as always. Kendricks is average, but Cook man. Cook looks good, maybe the most underrated Tight End in the NFC. His blocking is improving, and his natural athleticism should scare a lot of people honestly. Surprised he doesn't get much respect until he starts gashing teams for twenty yard pick ups.

Don't even get me started on our defense. You can't double team our whole line. Donald is the best defensive player in the league at the moment. Brockers is just a mammoth of a man. He takes on double teams fifty percent of his snaps, which requires teams to put an additional TE or RB in their formation to double team Quinn or Donald. Long will have a good day this Sunday. I foresee him chasing Cousin's down multiple times, and Cousins is no Russel Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. I actually see seven sacks or more.

I miss Gaines. Imagine Trumaine, Gaines, Jenkins, McDonald, etc. With Gaines, we could have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Our defense is a top five defense currently. I foresee up becoming top two by the end of the year, and our special teams? The Skins have no chance in hell. Will be a fun game to watch though.

24-10 Rams