What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/11/17/7232879/the-rg3-era-is-over

t just is. I still say the trade was the right decision, everything was going according to plan until the kid just got hurt. You take that risk any time your draft anyone. He got hurt, what can we do? Griffin has amazing drive and wants to win, but he doesn't know how and this isn't an organization for someone like that. He got hurt, his was poisoned by a jealous coach, and now must prove himself to someone who doesn't even want him. It's just time to cut our loses and agree that this experiment is over. We tried, he tried, but our dysfunctional organization is no place for someone looking to become bigger than the team, who is looking to build a personal brand outside of the team. I don't blame Griffin, if these players for all they do to themselves want to get paid, do it. But it is just not working. Our Alumni Affairs Director GM Bruce Allen is not the man with a sufficient football mind to make this work with a diva like RG3.
We had two weeks to prepare for a 1-8 team and got demolished. Two weeks. Through the two weeks all that is talked about, all that is asked of the players and coaches, is RG3. He's become bigger than the team, everything in this organization now revolves around the every day utterances of a third year quarterback. It can't be like that. You can't win like that. Nobody can. We need to find some normalcy, a quarterback like a Carson Palmer, a veteran who can just come in and play without their every utterance being used to measure the temperature of the team. Today was embarrassing. As embarrassing a loss as I have ever watched. I am worried because we have found some talent worth building around - Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams, Alfred Morris, Keenan Robinson, Beshad Breeland - but it being wasted on a team full of unprofessional and needless high school drama.
Here are some steps I would take.
  1. Release RG3 and Kirk Cousins. Both are disasters.
  2. rotfl Sign QB Sam Bradford and re-sign QB Colt McCoy. This might see like a curious thing, to trade one injury prone quarterback for another, but Bradford will bring none of the personal baggage that Griffin has and his skillset may better suit what Jay Gruden is attempting to do. While his ACL injuries are concerning, he wasn't a track star and his play has never been based on that.
  3. Be smart in free agency. I must admit the last few years have been welcomed in their restraint, no matter that it was forced on them. Let's spend some, hopefully on the secondary and some veteran leadership on the offensive line. We'll see if they can help themselves.
  4. 2015 Draft (per Fanspeak mock draft):
 I understand your reasoning, but
It would be cruel to let Bradford play behind our o-line.

 It would be cruel to let Hitler
play behind our O-line.
Seriously, playing behind our O-line has to be forbidden by the Geneva Convention.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37682&start=150
Re:
by Snout » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:23 am
Snout wrote:So much for building through the draft. You know what this reminds me of? The Herschel Walker trade.

This was the dumbest move the Redskins have made in the 30 years I have been a fan. It is stupid to trade so much for one guy -- a guy who might not be as good as everyone hopes, a guy who might get injured on opening day.

So much for patience and sticking with a long term strategy.

In addition to all the other pressure our new pick would have faced, he will now have the additional pressure of knowing that we traded so much for him.

He better not make any mistakes!

Yikes. Woe is me.

Hey Snyder, if you are reading this board, here's the proof you should have hired me to run the FO!
This guy had his head on straight back then on the trade.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I understand your reasoning, but
It would be cruel to let Bradford play behind our o-line.
So going from our OLs (in recent history) to theirs would be a downgrade in their opinion? Wow.

It would be cruel to let Hitler
play behind our O-line.
Seriously, playing behind our O-line has to be forbidden by the Geneva Convention.
Godwin!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Corbin

I changed the title of the thread to make it the official "What 'fill in name of team' fans are saying." Go for it! (y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@Corbin

I changed the title of the thread to make it the official "What 'fill in name of team' fans are saying." Go for it! (y)
That does not absolve you of your responsibilities in that capacity. I look forward to your posts every week.

Now .... get to it. :shades:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nah, I'm passing the buck. :sneaky:
UyQDnHa.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
That CLUNK sound was the "team that we shall not name" hitting bottom. Talk about a dumpster fire. By the way "team that we shall not name" fan, Bradford is at least at this point, under contract for next year.

A game we should win, but I've got an awful feeling about, not won back to back games all year, a high scoring performance is typically followed by a low one so I can see a low scoring loss, and all the shit I've talked about RGIII to Washington fans, just have a feeling the universe needs to even out.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
See, Rams and Gators... I got the opposite feeling.

I'm feeling the big mojo has finally...FINALLY swung our way.

While I was feeling euphoric about the Denver win and had tons of enthusiasm after the Seattle win and you could see all the parts coming together after each win... This win was so much bigger in a lot of ways.

The biggest way is that we played a complete game.

We played it against an inferior opponent. I can't tell you the last time a Rams team played UP to its talent level rather to up or down to its opponent's level. They rise for Seattle, SF and Denver and sink for Minny.

This young D really seems to be getting the intricacies of this Gregg Williams D. Not that Derek Carr and the Raiders didn't leave plays on the field. I'm very sure they did. But part of that is how our DL and blitz put so much pressure on him. We sacked him 3 times when he'd only been sacked 12 times all season. Then got another 3 on Schaub.

We finally have a FULL compliment of outstanding weapons that are FULLY prepared to compete. Once Quick comes back, we have Quick, Britt, Bailey, Austin, Cook, Kendricks, Mason, Cunningham and Stacy. That's a helluva a WR/TE/RB corp! Damn good in fact! I think next year Quick and Britt can fight Jeffery and Marshall for best big tandem in the NFL... THAT'S how good they are!

I actually think we win out. Moreover, I think we go into 2015 JUST LIKE THE CARDINALS DID FOR THIS YEAR, but actually in better shape. The one caveat is Sam Bradford. He was poised to have one of those 4000 yd, 35TD years and got hurt. Next year he could do that EASILY if he can stay upright. Heck, next year, I could easily see him going 4500+ yards and 40TDs. Without Jake Long at OLT, that should be easier.

I really think we're turning a corner and winning games that aren't flukes, but show how Fisher's building something here. And our future looks star bright...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A game we should win, but I've got an awful feeling about, not won back to back games all year, a high scoring performance is typically followed by a low one so I can see a low scoring loss, and all the crap I've talked about RGIII to Washington fans, just have a feeling the universe needs to even out.
Hate to agree with you on this. We do not play well in Washington. I have the broken windshields to prove it....

RamzFanz

Damnit
OMG, this is hilarious:

Redskins / Rams Prediction Thread

When: Sunday 1:00 p.m. 12:00 CST
Where: FedEx Field

Sunday, the Redskins face the St. Louis Rams.
ok, nothing really special about the game; 2 struggling teams, meaningless game, right?

Wrong.

To some, this is a game which will most likely be the most physical game the Redskins play this year. It also marks the return of one Gregg Williams, currently the defensive coordinator for the Rams.

The Redskins put up a bit of a fight against the Colts but just not enough horses to keep up with Luck and their offense, as they seemed to have an open WR or TE on almost every down. The Redskins defense came to play the first half, but the offense was absent; then the second half, just switch them around, as the defense disappeardd and the offense began putting up points.
A blatant cheap shot by a Colts player took out DeSean Jackson, a totally uncalled for act which should draw a hefty fine from the NFL; oh wait, it was a Redskin player who was injured, so the NFL will overlook it.

The Rams play physical, especially on defense. Their offense struggles at times, but this sunday might not be one of those days, as the Redskins defense showing up will be THE question going in. Williams will design some defensive stunts and overload sides to put constant pressure on whoever is behind center; everyone knows it, but the question is, can the Redskins o-line and coaching staff find ways to neutralize this pressure.
Maybe for awhile, but eventually they will break down.

Look for a physical game, shouldn't be as high scoring as the Colts game, but maybe somewhat entertaining. Lets see if Morris and Reed can do some damage.

When the horns clash and the arrows fly,
Redskins fall short in a spirited battle.

Redskins 20
Rams 30

----

I have zero faith that this team can win anything at this point. While Colt was a small improvement, the same glaring deficiencies still exists. That O-line is just putrid and our secondary was burned over & over ala Vikings game. For that same guy to be repeatedly open like that was a disgrace! I understand you have to cover Reggie Wayne but good grief! With all that said..I give up and say we probably won't win another game this season. (Maybe we can get the Giants..lol)

Skins...17
Rams..30

----

Colt hasn't faced a good defense yet, I think the Rams-Gregg Williams will be too tough for him and that matter Jay. I'd guess 24-9.

----

The Rams are decent and have beaten quality teams, we struggle like nothing I have ever seen before.

Scrubs-17
Rams-41

----

Redskins 17
Rams 31

----

I actually have a lower scoring vibe to this game.

But I've thought for a couple of years now that the Rams have the best pass rushing d-line in the league. Another reason I felt terrible for Michael Sam when he was drafted by them - I knew straight away he had no shot. So if they get an early lead it's going to be a rough go. We'll really need to get Alfred going early this week. And often.

I also hope that Schotty doesn't pick up on what everyone else is doing in terms of alignment to get LBs into coverage - but I suspect he will. It'll be up to Shaun Hill to see that though, and he's decent, but he's not Andrew Luck. Then again, he probably doesn't need to be.

I think Colt will play decently against this defense cause it's a 4-3 team that'll play a lot of single high and cover 2. But he's going to get smacked around a lot.

Redskins will keep this one close but they'll pull away late.

Rams 31
Redskins 23

----

Rams - 40
Skins JV - 3

----

Rams will punch us in the mouth. Redskins will fold and not fight back

Rams by 3 TDs

----

Redskins 74, Rams 3.

----

Rams 34
Skins 13

I don't care if it was the Raiders, they just put up 52 points. Plus, since we suck, we might as well go all out and not win another game.

----

Like the Skins this week (and I'm not a homer on these picks, I'm 8-4 picking our games this year). Also think it will likely go under the total.

Redskins 23
Rams 20

----

That D-line is gonna eat us up.

Rams - 35
Skins - 10

----

The Rams are absolutely crushing it defensively. Put an offense on that team and it's a Super Bowl contender.

Gregg Williams once again proving what a beast he is. It should be obvious as hell that he was passed over for the coaching gig here because he wouldn't be a best friend puppet for little Danny.

----

The Rams are good ...

They just came off a stretch of playing NINE - NINE, nueve, 9 teams with winning records in a row, out of that 9, ALL of them are in the playoff hunt. That is mind boggling. Granted they went 3-6, but hell. The average scores from those games was Rams 20 - Opp 26.

This could get way, way, way, out of hand.

I'm not even going to predict, this game is super scary. I don't expect to win, hell no, I'm super afraid of a 52-0 blow out. That is what haunts me.

----

Skins will probably "lose out" but Rams are our best chance for a W. Giants?

Rams have a some very talented big bodies

----

They got all our draft picks, and what have they done with them? Still in last place.

Skins win this one easier than everyone thinks: 28-10.

----

Most of the players on the team don't even know Gregg Williams. Rams will win as we are going to tank the rest of the games except for Philly and Dallas.

----

Yeah, looking at their schedule it's pretty brutal and they have some quality wins. 34-24 Rams.

----

Never mind. Probably for the best I just remove the previous comment while I still can.

Rams are performing at a higher level than the Redskins are right now. They've proven to be a tough one for us of recent, anyway. Regardless of the score (and I think it will be closer than last night), I have a feeling this will be a horrible game and an unwanted punch in the gut.

----

An ass whooping.

Rams 27
Skins 7

----

Rams 9-7

I've seen this movie.

----

Redskins will again keep it close and show everyone that we are improving and know exactly what we are doing and how to build a winner!

Rams - 41

Redskins - 24

Skins get 2 meaningless 4th quarter TD's after the powerhouse Rams get tired of scoring on Haslett's Steel Curtin Defense...

BTW...Who does Haslett have pictures on??? Just asking.

----

This game will not be close the Rams are a good team if Bradford was not injured they maybe a 8-4 team. Colt continues to be Colt puts up average numbers but it is not enough to win. Skins secondary and o-line continues to struggle. Out of desperation Jay calls the swinging gate play and it fails. Bold prediction FedEx field will be half empty for this game.

Rams- 31
Redskins- 17

----

God, I miss Gregg Williams. Rams 24- Skins 22

----

Positives:
- We are at home
- We aren't the Raiders

Negatives:
- Their DL vs our OL
- Tre Mason
- Our swiss cheese secondary
- Their DL vs our OL

Rams - 30
Skins - 23

----

The Rams just played consecutively:

Dallas

Philly

San Fran

Seattle

Kansas City

San Fran

Arizona

Denver

San Diego

They beat Seattle, Denver, and San Fran (3 of 4 Championship Game teams)

then SMOKED Oakland 52-0

Hmm. I think they are improving while our team is unpredictable but can't ever put 4 solid quarters together.

Plus GW probably hates Dan Snyder as much as we do.

Rams 31

Redskins 23

The Rams aren't a passing offense so we SHOULD be able to win this but I don't trust Gruden and Haz to put up a winning game plan. Just be surprised when they do.

----

RamzFanz

Damnit
----

I have watched the Rams past 4 games, as well as all of the Skins games,. Rams are far and away better as a team. I don't see the Skins in the game after halftime.

Rams 34

Skins 17

----

Gets out of hand rather early and pretty much stays that way. Skins have to pass even though thats all they would do anyway. Colt gets pummelled and exits game. Griffin enters, resumes the pummelling. Both QB's get hurt and Andre Roberts finishes the game at QB.

Rams 29 ( 2 TD's, 5 FG's)
Skins 6

----

Tre Mason will also crush us.

Rams 34
Skins 14

----

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I just have a bad feeling of a let down game. Sucks to say but I do :cry: I still have to be cautious until they finally win two in a row

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The Rams on the road aren't quite as good of a team, it will be close, but we are favored to win the game, as we should be.