What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
A game we should win, but I've got an awful feeling about, not won back to back games all year, a high scoring performance is typically followed by a low one so I can see a low scoring loss, and all the crap I've talked about RGIII to Washington fans, just have a feeling the universe needs to even out.

I just have a bad feeling of a let down game. Sucks to say but I do :cry: I still have to be cautious until they finally win two in a row

:shakes salt over shoulder: Get that bad mojo out of here!! Now I have to go cut a calf and burn some sage...thanks a lot guys!

FRO

Legend
"The Rams haven't done anything with all the picks we traded them." I've seen that comment a few times from Redskin fans. What they don't understand is we were 15-65 the five seasons prior to the trade. They don't realize how crappy our roster was.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
"The Rams haven't done anything with all the picks we traded them." I've seen that comment a few times from Redskin fans. What they don't understand is we were 15-65 the five seasons prior to the trade. They don't realize how crappy our roster was.
Yeah, the Redskins fans are trying like hell to make themselves feel better about that trade. We just used the last pick of that trade and they want to talk about we haven't done anything with the picks. That's so funny to me. We'll see what they say when this team matures and makes the playoffs.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

Yeah there was the guy who said that we're still in last place. Yeah, in the toughest division in football. Smh

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Yeah there was the guy who said that we're still in last place. Yeah, in the toughest division in football. Smh

'Zactly! The Rams have beaten both of last years Super Bowl teams, plus another NFC playoff team. The WR's are starting to see the light go on, Tre Mason is looking good his rookie year, the future is looking VERY GOOD.

Edit: I almost forgot, the Defense is starting to click with the guys apparently absorbing the Williams defense.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Random stat: we've averaged 31 ppg at home (y)

Oh and we've outscored our last 3 opponents at home 102-33

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams have been up and down, no new news there....the approach to this game will be interesting to me. On the road I would expect a more conservative approach but that may not be the case. As for Williams and the D the one area McCoy has done some of his best work is vs. the blitz. I really see the Rams rolling out 4 wins in a row with Oak, Washington, Arizona and the Giants.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OMG, this is hilarious:

Redskins / Rams Prediction Thread

When: Sunday 1:00 p.m. 12:00 CST
Where: FedEx Field

Sunday, the Redskins face the St. Louis Rams.
ok, nothing really special about the game; 2 struggling teams, meaningless game, right?

Wrong.

To some, this is a game which will most likely be the most physical game the Redskins play this year. It also marks the return of one Gregg Williams, currently the defensive coordinator for the Rams.

The Redskins put up a bit of a fight against the Colts but just not enough horses to keep up with Luck and their offense, as they seemed to have an open WR or TE on almost every down. The Redskins defense came to play the first half, but the offense was absent; then the second half, just switch them around, as the defense disappeardd and the offense began putting up points.
A blatant cheap shot by a Colts player took out DeSean Jackson, a totally uncalled for act which should draw a hefty fine from the NFL; oh wait, it was a Redskin player who was injured, so the NFL will overlook it.

The Rams play physical, especially on defense. Their offense struggles at times, but this sunday might not be one of those days, as the Redskins defense showing up will be THE question going in. Williams will design some defensive stunts and overload sides to put constant pressure on whoever is behind center; everyone knows it, but the question is, can the Redskins o-line and coaching staff find ways to neutralize this pressure.
Maybe for awhile, but eventually they will break down.

Look for a physical game, shouldn't be as high scoring as the Colts game, but maybe somewhat entertaining. Lets see if Morris and Reed can do some damage.

When the horns clash and the arrows fly,
Redskins fall short in a spirited battle.

Redskins 20
Rams 30

----

I have zero faith that this team can win anything at this point. While Colt was a small improvement, the same glaring deficiencies still exists. That O-line is just putrid and our secondary was burned over & over ala Vikings game. For that same guy to be repeatedly open like that was a disgrace! I understand you have to cover Reggie Wayne but good grief! With all that said..I give up and say we probably won't win another game this season. (Maybe we can get the Giants..lol)

Skins...17
Rams..30

----

Colt hasn't faced a good defense yet, I think the Rams-Gregg Williams will be too tough for him and that matter Jay. I'd guess 24-9.

----

The Rams are decent and have beaten quality teams, we struggle like nothing I have ever seen before.

Scrubs-17
Rams-41

----

Redskins 17
Rams 31

----

I actually have a lower scoring vibe to this game.

But I've thought for a couple of years now that the Rams have the best pass rushing d-line in the league. Another reason I felt terrible for Michael Sam when he was drafted by them - I knew straight away he had no shot. So if they get an early lead it's going to be a rough go. We'll really need to get Alfred going early this week. And often.

I also hope that Schotty doesn't pick up on what everyone else is doing in terms of alignment to get LBs into coverage - but I suspect he will. It'll be up to Shaun Hill to see that though, and he's decent, but he's not Andrew Luck. Then again, he probably doesn't need to be.

I think Colt will play decently against this defense cause it's a 4-3 team that'll play a lot of single high and cover 2. But he's going to get smacked around a lot.

Redskins will keep this one close but they'll pull away late.

Rams 31
Redskins 23

----

Rams - 40
Skins JV - 3

----

Rams will punch us in the mouth. Redskins will fold and not fight back

Rams by 3 TDs

----

Redskins 74, Rams 3.

----

Rams 34
Skins 13

I don't care if it was the Raiders, they just put up 52 points. Plus, since we suck, we might as well go all out and not win another game.

----

Like the Skins this week (and I'm not a homer on these picks, I'm 8-4 picking our games this year). Also think it will likely go under the total.

Redskins 23
Rams 20

----

That D-line is gonna eat us up.

Rams - 35
Skins - 10

----

The Rams are absolutely crushing it defensively. Put an offense on that team and it's a Super Bowl contender.

Gregg Williams once again proving what a beast he is. It should be obvious as hell that he was passed over for the coaching gig here because he wouldn't be a best friend puppet for little Danny.

----

The Rams are good ...

They just came off a stretch of playing NINE - NINE, nueve, 9 teams with winning records in a row, out of that 9, ALL of them are in the playoff hunt. That is mind boggling. Granted they went 3-6, but hell. The average scores from those games was Rams 20 - Opp 26.

This could get way, way, way, out of hand.

I'm not even going to predict, this game is super scary. I don't expect to win, hell no, I'm super afraid of a 52-0 blow out. That is what haunts me.

----

Skins will probably "lose out" but Rams are our best chance for a W. Giants?

Rams have a some very talented big bodies

----

They got all our draft picks, and what have they done with them? Still in last place.

Skins win this one easier than everyone thinks: 28-10.

----

Most of the players on the team don't even know Gregg Williams. Rams will win as we are going to tank the rest of the games except for Philly and Dallas.

----

Yeah, looking at their schedule it's pretty brutal and they have some quality wins. 34-24 Rams.

----

Never mind. Probably for the best I just remove the previous comment while I still can.

Rams are performing at a higher level than the Redskins are right now. They've proven to be a tough one for us of recent, anyway. Regardless of the score (and I think it will be closer than last night), I have a feeling this will be a horrible game and an unwanted punch in the gut.

----

An ass whooping.

Rams 27
Skins 7

----

Rams 9-7

I've seen this movie.

----

Redskins will again keep it close and show everyone that we are improving and know exactly what we are doing and how to build a winner!

Rams - 41

Redskins - 24

Skins get 2 meaningless 4th quarter TD's after the powerhouse Rams get tired of scoring on Haslett's Steel Curtin Defense...

BTW...Who does Haslett have pictures on??? Just asking.

----

This game will not be close the Rams are a good team if Bradford was not injured they maybe a 8-4 team. Colt continues to be Colt puts up average numbers but it is not enough to win. Skins secondary and o-line continues to struggle. Out of desperation Jay calls the swinging gate play and it fails. Bold prediction FedEx field will be half empty for this game.

Rams- 31
Redskins- 17

----

God, I miss Gregg Williams. Rams 24- Skins 22

----

Positives:
- We are at home
- We aren't the Raiders

Negatives:
- Their DL vs our OL
- Tre Mason
- Our swiss cheese secondary
- Their DL vs our OL

Rams - 30
Skins - 23

----

The Rams just played consecutively:

Dallas

Philly

San Fran

Seattle

Kansas City

San Fran

Arizona

Denver

San Diego

They beat Seattle, Denver, and San Fran (3 of 4 Championship Game teams)

then SMOKED Oakland 52-0

Hmm. I think they are improving while our team is unpredictable but can't ever put 4 solid quarters together.

Plus GW probably hates Dan Snyder as much as we do.

Rams 31

Redskins 23

The Rams aren't a passing offense so we SHOULD be able to win this but I don't trust Gruden and Haz to put up a winning game plan. Just be surprised when they do.

----
I'm tempted to come up with one of my Famous/infamous prognostications, But I'll stay out of this, for now!!:D

Big Willie

Starter
This one hinges on two factors to me. When the Rams limit drive killing penalties, minimize drive extending personal fouls, and eliminate turnovers, we win. For me, it's that simple. So, the officials the league gives us for the game will have a huge impact on our fortunes.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
While this team wasn't as bad as their record early in the season indicated, I hope they are real clear about the fact that they are not a 52-0 team, either...Hope for a win and think they bring it home, but still worries me a little...If they can get off to a fast start again, this thing could be over early..If thewy wobble early on, they can easily lose this game..If they have to throw all day, they will put up some nice yardage numbers, but I don't think they can beat the Rams that way...Wow, how's that for flopping around like a fish out of water ???

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://es.redskins.com/topic/385266-a-look-at-the-rams-from-a-rams-fan/

A look at the Rams, from a Rams fan

Hello Redskins fans! I am sure none of you remember me but I've been a member since 09 and like to come post a look at our games against one another. It seems like we play each other a lot.

This is probably the best I've seen the Rams as a team since I started posting here by far, I can't remember being this excited about the Rams in the 19 years since they moved here except for the GSOT era. I try to be as unbiased as possible but you have to keep this in mind

The offense has been playing really well, even before the Raiders game. The Rams running game has been very good led by rookie Tre Mason who was inactive the first six weeks, seemingly he did something Jeff Fisher didn't like. He's a short guy who plays much bigger and loves to finish runs by laying out defenders every time he can. He remind me of Steven Jackson, but he's a little less powerful and a lot faster and shiftier. Depth is also good with Zac Stacy, a 2nd year player who had a 1000 yard season last year.

At WR we have pretty good players but none that stand out as a true #1 receiver. Tavon Austin has the most pure talent, he's extremely quick and shifty (he returns punts too). Watch for him to rush a few times and get the ball on misdirections out of the backfield. He's so effective in this stuff that all year long I've watched defenses get caught looking for him to do something out of the backfeild and it opens up screens or other plays.

Seems like we run the same plays with him every week but a team hasn't been able to stop them yet. He's a bit small however to be great in normal WR duty. Kenny Britt seems to have had a bit of a revival in St Louis and is probably our best mid-range WR. Steadman Bailey and Chris Givens have also been playing well and are the guys most likely to get the long range passes.

The OL has a lot invested into it with mixed results. Our rookie OT Greg Robinson will be at LT and has played well, with former first rounder Roger Saffold next to him at guard. Chris Wells is at center, former pro bowler from Green Bay but not quite the player he was with the Packers. The right side isn't as good, although they haven't played badly it's where teams attack now after Jake Long got injured. His backup has played decently, but the right guard is weak.

QB has been a mess. Bradford got injured as you all know. Then Shaun Hill got injured and we started our third stringer, undrafted second year man Austin Davis, who had some success and won the job until he started to suck and the job was given back to Hill. Hill has been effective, he doesn't make mistakes and is talented enough to make good midrange throws and is smart. However he lacks the arm strength for some of the throws and doesn't throw the best looking ball (his passes can wobble at times and aren't bullets).

TE has been pretty average except for Jared Cook who is a bit of a weapon as a pass catcher. Generally the TEs have been reduced to blocking duty though.

Defense:

Defense is great. Chris Long was out for about 8 weeks, but came back last week against the Raiders and doesn't seem to have missed a beat. Robert Quinn is a beast. Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers are the DTs, both are first rounders and are playing extremely well. Donald should be the DROY, he's outstanding in run blocking and has 6 sacks on the season so far, Pro Football Focus has him ranked as the top overall rookie on offense and defense.

It doesn't get much easier behind them with Lauriniatis and Olgetree at LBer. Lauriniatis isn't the best athlete on paper but is indispensable at MLB, he is the brains of the defense and it's kind of amusing to watch him in the backfield just before snaps, rushing around and directing the defense. The weakest spot of the front 7 is ROLB, Jo-Lann Dunbar, but he's an average player and it's hard to make him look too bad with all the players he has surrounding him.

The secondary is very young. Most came from our 2012 or 2013 draft. But they play well. Janoris Jenkins is by far the most talented. He's had two pick 6's this year and 8 for his career. He's aggressive and obviously sometimes that will hurt him. If there's a big 80 yard play by your WRs, chances are it will come off Jenkins going for an interception. Our secondary hits very hard and are aggressive

Special teams

The Rams special teams have been great. Jeff Fisher loves trick plays and has used them to a lot of success this year (our punter/holder has two touchdown passes and three completions so far). We have a very good kicker and punter. Coverage is usually very good on kicks. Tavon Austin is a weapon as a returner. He doesn't do kickoff returns though and that's pretty average.

Sorry it was so long. Thanks to anyone who read it. Any thoughts on where the Redskins will match up well against the Rams? Who should the Rams be worried about as a potential threat on offense or defense? Who should be worried about as a threat for a home run type play?

How confident do you feel about Colt McCoy? Is he really a threat to RG3 to take over for the future? Or is he just a throwaway QB who will be replaced by next season or put back to the 2nd/3rd string? Is he a threat for turnovers?

I don't know a whole lot about the Redskins this year. Seems like in the past when we've faced each other I've ended up getting some of your games on TV but haven't seen any this year so far. I've heard about the RG3 stuff, is there really a chance he could be traded away? How confident are you guys in Gruden being your coach of the future and has he been an upgrade from Shanahan? (too early to tell maybe)
-----------
c8ca450b31fab4452176a574dfb388284d4cf903fe558c75d7b29abb89b0b544.jpg

Welcome! Your offense sounds a lot like ours in that you have a back-up QB, a useless right-side of the line, and a few weapons at your skill positions. Here is a quick overview on who I think has the advantage at each position.

OL: RAMS -- Our Trent Williams (our LT) is the only guy I'd take right now over your rookie. All of the rest of your players are better than ours and it's not even close.

RB: SKINS -- Tre Mason will be a beast one day but right now I would take our #1 Morris and #2 Helu Jr. over any of your guys.

TE: TIE -- Very Close. Cook/Kendricks are bigger/better blockers while Jordan Reed/Niles Paul are basically just large WRs who occasionally block. Depending on each team's gameplan, one group of TE's may have a bigger impact than the other on Sunday.

WR: SKINS --- No question here. Our #3 (Andre Roberts) would probably be your #1.

QB: TIE -- Shaun + Colt = Two career back-ups who will show promise but ultimately disappoint. I give the slight edge to Colt in this game but not enough to call it an "advantage".

DL: RAMS --- Hatcher and Coefield can cause some ruckus but get very little help. Overall our DL is average at best. Your guys are younger, stronger, and faster than us.

LB: SKINS - Slight advantage to the Skins just because Ryan Kerrigan is our best player on defense and Keenan Robinson (2nd year guy filling in for the retired London Fletcher) is one of the most physically gifted LBs in the league right now. Our Pro-Bowl "franchise" LB Brian Orakpo (who was playing like **** before going on IR) has been replaced by our early 2nd Round pick Trent Murphy who looks like more like a late 3rd rounder who occasionally flashes talent. Perry Riley Jr gets the job done in the middle but will get torched in coverage.

DB: RAMS - Our corners are young and physical like yours, but don't have much experience-- and our safeties are a complete joke.

ST: RAMS - Tress Way is probably the best punter in the league right now, but the rest of our ST unit looks like a slightly better version of last years.... Which was historically the worst in franchise history! So, yeah!

*LDLU'S Statistical Positional Advantage Nerd Rankings = +2 RAMS

Now, on to the only stat that really matters:

Redskins Fans Worldwide: Around 30 million.

Rams Fans Worldwide: Literally dozens.
----------

Our cheerleaders can beat the crap outta yours. And they don't have crabs.

Thats all I got.
----------
Jim Haslett will do everything he can to help you win. Look for wide open receivers all afternoon.

Gruden is a moron, so expect a plethora of unimaginative play calls and passes. Alfred Morris isn't a threat because doofus refuses to run the ball.

Congratulations on your sixth win.
------------
Looks like you guys are on the rise and we're in our annual end of season collapse. Should be a fun game for you, that defense is downright scary right now.
-----------
Rams will beat the skins 35-0 and force Snyder to hand over next years 1st rnd pick before leaving
----------
The Rams have the best defensive line in the NFL for me. Deep and wide. I predict 5 or 6 sacks easily. Especially if Gruden doesn't run the ball consistently early on and if DJax doesn't play... oye.

Our offensive line, especially the interior, is not very good.

Our defense is like a rubics cube that's only one color. Once you unlock it it's yours for the day. So enjoy it.

We do a decent enough job against the run, but I'm not sure it's a case of our run d being decent or our pass d being easy to exploit. I'd be curious to see if you notice any alignment changes in your WR/TEs this week. Especially on the left side. The two glaring weaknesses in our secondary is the seam and the left side. A lot of teams have had success running wheel routes against cover 3 and 2 over man on the left side. Communication between Amerson, Clark, and Murphy is attrocious...

Beware Tress Way. He might be the best punter in the league. Other than that... ya'll should walk through Fed Ex pretty easy.

Question, though... are ya'll keeping Sam Bradford?
-------------
Our o-line is in for a real long afternoon Sunday. McCoy had better wear extra pads Sunday.
-----------
This one will probably be nasty for us. Colt will think the QB position is to be played horizontally after this game(LOL). You guys should have fun w/this and we shall be US...suckfest...
-----------
Thank you for the draft position, but please don't embarrass us like you did to the west coast redskins.

Love seeing all the "first round picks" mentioned in your post. Were ours used completely along the lines?
-----------
Your defensive line scares me. It's among the tops in the league, right along with Buffalo. Although I'd say the Rams may have a more talented defensive line. It's scary good.

The Skins offensive line better pull a horseshoe out of their butt Sunday.
------------
I actually think he runs it to Morris too much. Very predictable on early downs. Alfred hasn't had a good year. Part of the reason we face third and long so often is because Morris is getting much done when he gets the ball on first and second down. I would actually like to see us come out throwing more on early downs.

It's always weird to me... The RB gets tons of credit when he's killing it, but the blame always goes to the OL when he struggles. I would not put Morris in the top half of starting NFL running backs right now. He's beena disappointment.