What Patriots Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It will be critical to switch up the defense after Goffs ear speaker goes off to confuse him

This is prob the dumbest thing I've seen. I mean really they have been blabbering all over the media to anyone who will listen about Mcvay and Goffs post snap talks. Do you really think no other coach kn the nfl has tried this idea. I guess pats fans really aren't good at critical thinking.
It was impossible in the saints game for that to happen. It was too loud.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How can the Pats can have that kind of HC/OC/OL consistency for all of those years? Why don't they lose their offensive staff like we do under McVay?
Its not like the Pats aren't having success lol.

I'm just curious.
They used to, but they all sucked on their own.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, I have to chuckle with patsies fans "expert" analysis of the Rams. I doubt they even watched the Rams in the playoffs. That guy who said Goff was terrible in the 2nd half of the Saints game really cracked me up. If anything, that was what swung people's opinion of Goff when they thought he wasn't clutch. Gurley was a non factor and Goff was the reason for the comeback. Made some really nice clutch throws.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.patsfans.com/new-englan...d/threads/enthusiasm-among-rams-fans.1147167/

Enthusiasm among rams fans

So I just found this article.
More People In LA Watched Patriots-Chiefs Than Rams-Saints

Plus I’ve heard that the rams have had issues filling their own stadium. Cowboy fans were about even with rams fans in the divisional round. A packers friend of mine said that packers fans outnumbered rams fans in LA when they played. I’m surprised about the enthusiasm gap between pats fans and rams fans. Does this mean that super bowl will be about 60-30 pats fans? I’m guessing they just don’t have a large market.
-------------
It's a little bit different since they used to be there years ago, but it's almost like an expansion team that will take years to have the locals embrace them. Given that probably lots of folk in Misura abandoned them, that LA is now split with two teams, and that LA never gelled as a football town, pretty much makes a fan base hard to come by, IMO.
------------
It’s not like they’re a new nfl team. They’ve been in Los Angeles twice and have existed since I believe the 50s but I might be wrong.
---------
I will bet any amount of money that it won’t be 60-30 pats fans ;)

Unless u mean just 10% corporate that don’t care

Also I wonder if they would be more likely to do a trip to the Super Bowl as like an “event” than to go to a home game? Idk, just guessing based on stereotypes I can think of
-----------
I'd guess something like 30% Pats, 40% anyone but the pats, 10% DGAF, 20% Rams.
----------
It makes it hard for me to hate them. Last year I despised Philly because their fans are one of the most obnoxious and classless fanbases I’ve ever seen. Rams are like “woooho we’re in the super bowl.”
-----------
Go listen to Dickerson blathering on. You'll be able to generate some dislike after that.
------------
Moved to LA from Cleveland in 1946 and had huge fan support at the time.

Ultimate issue was they wound up moving to Anaheim in the 80s, which was generally considered 2nd rate (think of how the Angels are viewed versus the Dodgers), and the Raiders came to town during their prime Al Davis era years, actually were housed in LA, and took the place by storm. Then Rams ownership got lax and didn't really market the team well and threatened to move, which turned fans off. Then the Raiders and Rams both moved away at the same time.

That upset a lot of people, but the real problem was the NFL letting the market sit dormant for 20 years in the cable and then internet era, where it's possible for people to follow their hometown teams very easily instead of adopting the local team. Given that LA is a very transient place, that significantly hurt them. People just got used to having no local team and ultimately didn't care about that fact, either because they could follow their old hometown team, or they were locals who felt the NFL didn't care about them so they focused on the colleges who did.

And then, of course, when the NFL finally returns, they pull the dumb move of putting 2 teams there immediately instead of letting one regain the NFL fan base. And the double-whammy of the second team having essentially no history in that city, rather than choosing the team that had a huge following (Raiders).

In time being a Rams fan will be chic again. Once the new stadium is built, the Rams stay competitive, and the 10 year old local kids who are likely the Rams biggest fans now start becoming adults. This Super Bowl will certainly help. But they're not anywhere near there yet.
------------
I’ve legitimately never met a rams fan in the past 10 years. My 6th grade teacher was a huge rams fan but that was when they were in St. Louis and She was from STL.
---------

View: https://twitter.com/BFawkesESPN/status/1087129182994219009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1087129182994219009&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231087129182994219009

-------------
I hear from a long-time Rams fan friend the 80s were better with Dickerson and a decent rivalry with a great 49ers team which fit in well with the NoCal/SoCal rivalry more pronounced then. Rams/Seahawks doesn't invoke the same natural hate.
------------
Comments:

a.) I am a Southern Californian....been here since '93. So, I have some perspective.

b.) In the early 90's...most Ram fans were based in Orange County and Raider fans were all in L.A. (and Oakland as well). Both would be on TV a lot...I enjoyed many afternoons watching Hostetler hit Tim Brown deep....and folks were pumped about Jim Everett before he got shell shocked. However, at the time I felt that most Raider fans were just making a fashion statement vs. being real die hard fans....there was more Raider apparel vs. rooting, IMO.

c.) After both teams moved away, they were still on TV for a bit....then it slowly evolved to show more national games...but we still got a lot of AFC West and NFC West games on local TV.

d.) I spent most of the 'late 90s in Los Angeles bars watching the Patriots when DirecTV became available everywhere. The crowds in those bars were diverse....but I still saw a fair number of Raider, Cowboys, Steelers, and Rams fans. L.A. has so many transplants.....that coupled with native L.A. people moving out of state because of our cost of living increases.

e.) Today...it's a weird atmosphere. I live in San Diego now...and L.A. Chargers are more HATED than rooted for. So, some San Diegans have started rooting for the Rams because they want to stick it to Spanos. Many in Orange County have picked up the Rams again....they are all like, "This was my childhood team....they are back!!!".

In L.A., the crowds are still pro-USC more than anything else, IMO....and still some Raider fan hold overs. Otherwise, it's diverse with a lot of Cowboy/Steeler fans....Cowboy/Steeler fans are everywhere! Even there are a lot of Patriots fans in Southern Californa as well.... So, for SoCal I would rank it as: Lakers>Dodgers>USC>LA Kings>L.A. Rams>Vegas Raiders>UCLA>California Angels>SD Padres>L.A. Chargers>Anaheim Ducks

f.) As for the viewership numbers for the title games, remember we are 3 hours behind. The Pats game started at 3:40PM local time...when the Rams game started at noon. So, not surprised that the viewership peaked later in the day.
--------------
No one in LA is a Rams fan. It’s great for all of the transplants in SoCal, they can see their team play against the LA home team every few years.
------------
Atlanta-based fans will likely be 100% against the Pats.
Both of the actual fans of the Rams are not able to make it, though.
------------
If fan support doesn't develop in the next 10 years, will the Rams move back to Cleveland, a town that has been missing professional football for decades.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
What a sorry pitiful fanbase. They don't know anything outside of their little cheatriot world. They're like the Eloi from the Time Machine... completely clueless to anything outside of that.

g98aytM.jpg

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I am not sure Super Bowl experience matters a WHOLE lot. It does seem to matter in the Divisional round and Conference Championship games though. Super Bowl is a neutral field so nobody really has HFA.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not sure Super Bowl experience matters a WHOLE lot. It does seem to matter in the Divisional round and Conference Championship games though. Super Bowl is a neutral field so nobody really has HFA.

By the time the Super Bowl comes around, both teams have had two or three playoff games. They are experienced at the playoffs. There is no way that the Super Bowl is a harsher experience than having numerous Saints Fans against league rules blowing whistles when the Rams were preparing a play. And the Patriots are not as talented a team as the Saints. Things can go wrong, but it should be an easier experience than last week.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The cheats scored 41 and 37 in their play-off games. They're the most dangerous team the rams will face.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the time the Super Bowl comes around, both teams have had two or three playoff games. They are experienced at the playoffs. There is no way that the Super Bowl is a harsher experience than having numerous Saints Fans against league rules blowing whistles when the Rams were preparing a play. And the Patriots are not as talented a team as the Saints. Things can go wrong, but it should be an easier experience than last week.

The Super Bowl won't be a more difficult environment than New Orleans. I doubt crowd noise is much of a factor, and that's a huge advantage for our offense. However, I can't discount that this is a totally different stage for our guys. NE has experience there; we do not. I don't know if that will affect us. It very possibly could.

The cheats scored 41 and 37 in their play-off games. They're the most dangerous team the rams will face.

Brady and Belichick make them very dangerous, as much as I hate both. The Saints are a better team, but you just can't count out those two in the playoffs. Asshole Face, on the other hand, is an arrogant fuck who makes mistakes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Super Bowl won't be a more difficult environment than New Orleans. I doubt crowd noise is much of a factor, and that's a huge advantage for our offense. However, I can't discount that this is a totally different stage for our guys. NE has experience there; we do not. I don't know if that will affect us. It very possibly could.

Brady and Belichick make them very dangerous, as much as I hate both. The Saints are a better team, but you just can't count out those two in the playoffs. Asshole Face, on the other hand, is an arrogant freak who makes mistakes.

Not worried about the stage, IMO, New Orleans was much worse with everything that transpired, it will be so much easier. As to Brady and Belichick, you have to get to Brady, that's it, if you don't, then you have to outscore him or keep him off the field with your running game.

You can run on the Patriots, they don't have the linebackers to support the edges and Anderson can smash them up the middle. As to Wade, he likes the zone to keep the plays in front of the defense, concern, if Brady is given time, he's far more accurate then Brees and he won't miss his WR's. Gronk has also been a horse for them with his blocking and coming up big with catches. This could be Gronk's last year and he wants to go out with one more, so he's a concern too.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
To me the Pats don't look any "scarier" than the Saints did if anything less so. Chiefs had a uncharacteristically bad game, their defense looked horrible and the Pats ran over them all day, when Brady did pass he was given lots of time and still threw up several ducks and was intercepted twice I believe and could have been more. With the way our run D has been performing and the picks we seem to get I'm not very worried. Also think our O line is stronger than Chiefs. Patriots may have good blocking but I don't think they've faced anything the likes of Donald and the newly inspired Suh

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yet held to 17pts with 3:30 left in the game against one of the league’s poorest defense.

AA11A589-78D5-4596-93C3-E6B5B58A5515.jpeg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Patriots may have good blocking but I don't think they've faced anything the likes of Donald and the newly inspired Suh
1. Our defense is peaking at the exact right time.
2. Rattle Brady and it all falls apart for them.
3. See #1.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
1. Our defense is peaking at the exact right time.
2. Rattle Brady and it all falls apart for them.
3. See #1.

Lemme tell you, we’ve paid our dues as Rams fans...with interest

From the days of Ramstalk... to you creating a better place, ROD...and to our fearless keeper, Burger Boy (CGI)

There is ZERO doubt in my mind we, as long suffering dedicated Rams fans, are approaching our finest hour as I personally have no doubt the Rams are going to steamroll the Patriots, Gurley is going to absolutely go off

Cheers Boys!