What New Name Are You Slapping On That Team In DC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He’s dumb as shit.
Yeah. People are getting infected with this PC bullshit now, and some -- including this dumfuck -- are vying for wokiest woke person in the realm. Like we should all gather at the bottom of Mount Justice and wait for the perfect people to drop their virtue bombs on us. Gehhhhhhhht the fuck outta here.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Washington Politics?
The Washington Post Deleters?
The Washington Double standards?

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
fight fire with fire....love it...see how far we can take it

They were named the Fighting Irish because the Ku Klux Klan tried to attack the Catholics. They went down and fought the Ku Klux Klan and that is where the name the Fighting Irish came.

Being Italian I guess they should stop showing The Godfather, Goodfellas, The Sopranos, etc... because it's offensive to many Italians.

Look, I'm all for the team from Washington, D.C. changing their name because it was a slur, but the Irish debate is ludicrous, but that's JMHO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm rethinking this thing. :biggrin:

1594833673134.png
1594833673134.png

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Have they said when they are going to announce the new name? Should we start a pool???

EasyE

Starter
They were named the Fighting Irish because the Ku Klux Klan tried to attack the Catholics. They went down and fought the Ku Klux Klan and that is where the name the Fighting Irish came.

Being Italian I guess they should stop showing The Godfather, Goodfellas, The Sopranos, etc... because it's offensive to many Italians.

Look, I'm all for the team from Washington, D.C. changing their name because it was a slur, but the Irish debate is ludicrous, but that's JMHO.

whats good for the goose is good for the gander....i want this shit to get all out of control...time for a come to Jesus moment.

bluecoconuts

Legend

To me that feels a lot like people trying to point to them as some sort of slippery slope. "If we change these guys, whats to say we wont change _____??"

Which is a literal fallacy taught in logic classes, but either way.

I don't think it's a legitimate threat to be changed.

And if it does, then I don't really give a shit, cause ultimately I don't root for that team, so they can call themselves whatever they want for all I care. But those calls for change better come from legitimate Irishmen, and the list of who legitimate Irish people think can claim to be Irish is a lot smaller than most think. So far the only time I've ever seen legitimate Irish people bring up the name is when they're in trouble and they're using it as their get out of jail free card.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Have they said when they are going to announce the new name? Should we start a pool???
sounds like it's running through the trade mark office now

Daniel Snyder and the NFL have been working on it for like a month now

so I guess now , we just wait for his teams of lawyers to get the go ahead

Daniel Snyder said he wanted to keep the colors , so that should be one less thing they have to run through the trade mark office

unless he changed his mind

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
there is some guy who owns a whole bunch of trade mark names the Redskins could use

like Warriors , Redtails , and others , but said he hasn't been contacted by the Redskins , or the NFL

So I'm guessing they won't be using either of those names

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor