What is wrong with Jared Goff?!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I agree with a lot of this. And we are running into the problem with this committee backfield. You establish a rhythm and then get taken out? How is that going to help. Personally, the Rams need to go back and watch how they beat the Dallas Cowboys in the postseason in 2018 that is the blueprint. Look at the way they used Todd Gurley and CJ Anderson? They need to go run-heavy, sell out to establish the run, open up PA and let Goff work with some help. Right now, teams are just begging Goff to beat them and he can't.
The committee approach is not the problem. The problem is the players not knowing wtf they're doing, lining up wrong, missing holes and seams, running the wrong routes in the passing game, etc.

That shit needs to get fixed. I know the Rams are working on it, and probably trying to get Akers ready to go, but they won't fully be there until he and Hendy are in there lining up correctly, running the right shit in the passing game, and executing (catching/seeing the holes etc) on top of all that.

IMO we're probably a year out with our backfield. But I hope they can get Akers ready to go and if so we'll see a boost for the offense at a good time, i.e. as we (hopefully) go into the playoffs.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The committee approach is not the problem. The problem is the players not knowing wtf they're doing, lining up wrong, missing holes and seams, running the wrong routes in the passing game, etc.

That shit needs to get fixed. I know the Rams are working on it, and probably trying to get Akers ready to go, but they won't fully be there until he and Hendy are in there lining up correctly, running the right shit in the passing game, and executing (catching/seeing the holes etc) on top of all that.

IMO we're probably a year out with our backfield. But I hope they can get Akers ready to go and if so we'll see a boost for the offense at a good time, i.e. as we (hopefully) go into the playoffs.
I find this interesting. I'm not saying you are wrong but I did not take away this conclusion from watching the film this year. The running backs look pretty good IMO, offensive line does as well but I felt as though Goff was the weakest of the offense from what I've seen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the Tampa game Brown cost the Rams 4 points.

In the Seattle game the RB and OL mistakes also were frequent to include a missed easy TD run by Akers which cost us 4 points (that play was at 10:50 in the first quarter).

That's just the last two games and there were more examples vs Tampa.

The mistakes are on the film. Even with the OL mistakes if you install a healthy Gurley in many of those plays the end result would be 2018-ish instead of what we're seeing. So until our backfield settles in with someone they can trust this malaise we're seeing is going to continue. If they can get Akers rolling it will make a very big impact but we'll still not see full 2018 type numbers due to our wideouts being easier to scheme.

But that's ok because we have a better defense. So IMO if they can get Akers or Hendy or both those guys rolling they should be able to make a nice run this year. It's going to be the story of the last month and maybe the playoffs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and do we really need another Goff thread? :biggrin:
Well in all fairness the "Goff thread" is currently locked so.....

Other than that, nothing new here. Goff is still young, learning and the prime focus of the opposing D now that Gurley is gone

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there any other? And if you don't believe that, I'd suggest checking out the boobies and booty threads!
I liked ClanRam when I was like 13 but then i found this and theherd? Well to make a long story short theherd owner trashed me and DTR and would routinely call out my articles which constructive criticism is fine but it got to be ridiculous to the point where users were like telling him he was wrong and then he banned me. So yeah just ROD. I would be on more if I was better at managing my time but I'm doing so many things and my anxiety gets the best of me so I try to come on here when I can.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Cam not chipping Hyder got Goff sacked against SF.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think some people underestimate the OL we had in 2017-18. They could move people out of the way for a big explosive back (Gurley, Chungus), and gave JG a lot of space on passing downs.

View: https://youtu.be/rPe2PdCxtcA

Look at that quick(er) release. I'm gonna keep bangin the table on this. Goff is looping and throwing in relative slow motion these days. I doubt that he's been coached to slow it down.
It is what it is i guess...
iu

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I agree with a lot of this. And we are running into the problem with this committee backfield. You establish a rhythm and then get taken out? How is that going to help. Personally, the Rams need to go back and watch how they beat the Dallas Cowboys in the postseason in 2018 that is the blueprint. Look at the way they used Todd Gurley and CJ Anderson? They need to go run-heavy, sell out to establish the run, open up PA and let Goff work with some help. Right now, teams are just begging Goff to beat them and he can't.
See the tampa game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do you have rag and bone men in America?

Not sure. I actually heard that song from a Mass Effect: Andromeda commercial on YouTube. Researched the song, and fell in love with it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cam not chipping Hyder got Goff sacked against SF.
Yeah the pass pro has had a ton of mistakes too and not just Akers. My issue right now with Brown getting so many looks is that he makes mistakes just like the other two. He's supposed to be the vet but the mental dropoff from a poor version of Gurley to him is significant.

Only thing he does consistently that I really like is his between the tackle runs. He's been very good there in spite of the recent turnover.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not dude.
A few others here have mentioned it too this season. I don't know how one can't see it. I noticed it last year. His release was more compact and thus, quicker until 2019 which IIRC he didn't have a QB coach(?).

He's holding the ball lower. I wonder if he made that adjustment for a different reason (like ball security).

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I found the answers. I’ve groomed my puppy child to be the perfect pocket protector in the world.

46F5C2EE-DB91-42DF-BDDA-F19C6D2BC4AA.png

he was born with the ferocity of Aaron Donald.

C120B1FB-E197-472F-8673-1BA766CC4541.png

the same amount of muscles as DK metcalf.

The most loyal of all teammates. He will do any thing to keep pressure from getting to our fragile minded QB.

In the 90s we had air bud. Now we have, blocking bud.

E7999B5D-5085-468C-9EAB-DE5C1A7704FA.jpeg