What Chiefs fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/11/17/rams-vs-chiefs-dave-toub-worried-fake-plays-special-teams/

Rams vs. Chiefs: Dave Toub is worried about fake plays on special teams
by Matt Conner

Dave Toub spoke to the media on Friday and said the Los Angeles Rams special teams are “risk-takers” who run a lot of fake plays.

The Kansas City Chiefs are well-known around the National Football League for their excellence in special teams play. Ever since Dave Toub joined the franchise six seasons ago with the hiring of Andy Reid as head coach, the Chiefs have played nearly mistake-free football in coverage units and have threatened with incredible return options.

It helps, of course, when the Chiefs employ the NFL’s fastest player in Tyreek Hill, but remember that Dave Toub has done an incredible job with others like Knile Davis and De’Anthony Thomas. Tremon Smith, this year’s rookie cornerback pick in the sixth round, even ran one back in recent weeks for 97 yards. Toub’s schemes and coaching help the talent on the roster to thrive.

But to hear Toub tell it, the Chiefs are also going to have their own hands full when they play the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football. The Rams are known for their potent offense and tough defense, especially up front, but their special teams is also worrisome for Toub. When asked about reporters, he had very high praise for the Rams counterpart.

They are very well coached, risk-takers and they [run] a lot of fakes – like one every two games it seems like. They are not afraid to call stuff in different situations. We really, really have to be on our Ps and Qs. We have our hands full this week. They are good in every facet. They are a great unit and very highly ranked in every phase.

If you check out special teams rankings at Football Outsiders, the Rams are currently ranked at No. 11 or 12 overall according to various metrics—numbers which certainly places them in the top half of the NFL. In the return game, FO ranks the Rams at No. 6 in kick returns and No. 4 in punt returns. The Rams do rank fourth overall statistically with 12.9 yards/return on punts (the Chiefs average 13.9 and are third overall).

It will be interesting to see if the Rams try to pull off a fake punt or some other trick play on the Chiefs. Most teams have to maximize each offensive possession and giving the Chiefs the chance to capitalize on great field position could come back to bite them. Then again, the Rams are as dangerous as the Chiefs at every level, so this should be a great battle, even down to special teams units.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's another thing about this game, might be the two best special teams coaches in the league along with Rosburg in Baltimore.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...s-los-angeles-rams-game-and-score-predictions

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Rams: Game and score predictions
By Gary McKenzie

This is the big week folks — the Chiefs finally face off against the Rams in what should be a spectacle of offensive fury. I am beyond excited for this game, and I’m sure the rest of Chiefs Kingdom is too.

Let’s see what FanPulse has to say about the Chiefs this week:

FanPulse is a survey of fans across the NFL powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100-plus plugged-in fans from each team.

Arrowhead Pride FanPulse predicts the Chiefs to win by 3
Turf Show Times FanPulse predicts the Rams to win by 1

This is the first week in a while where the Chiefs weren’t favored by both teams. Chiefs fans think Kansas City will win by three, while Rams fans believe they will win by one point.

Now let’s get on to the predictions:

Shawn Barber, Chiefs 34-30

Keys to the Game

1. Stop Todd Gurley, and make the Rams offense one-dimensional. Chiefs should play a lot of tight zone coverage. Re-route WRs to throw off timing. Control the quarterback scrambling with pass-rush lane discipline by the front four. Bring a delayed blitz to disrupt the play-action passes. A few quarterback hits will change their play calling.

2. Chiefs need to have a high priority on stopping Todd Gurley in the run and pass game. Make Jared Goff attempt to beat you with his arm.

3. Chiefs offensive line need to be great in identifying Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh. #ProtectPat

4. Did I mention? Stop Todd Gurley.

Ground and pound will be the theme. Both teams should try to set up the play-action passing game by running the ball early.

A relatively low-scoring first half (under 28 total points), but the Chiefs will find a way to win in the end.

Aaron Borgmann, Chiefs 38-35

OK. Hang on folks, this is gonna be a long one.

First, this game only truly matters to the fans. The Chiefs are No. 1 in the AFC, AFC West, and in most people’s minds in the NFL. A loss here doesn’t really mean anything. Since the Pats loss last week, there is a buffer now.

That being said. This game scares me.....a lot.

The Rams are the more talented team overall. The Chiefs have been playing better overall the entire season. The Cooper Kupp injury cannot be understated as being a huge net win for the Chiefs. I’m not scared of Goff, Woods, Cooks, etc. TODD GURLEY SCARES ME. Like, a lot. He has the ability to control this game. I think that this is a title fight, before the SB. This is Ali/Foreman in Zaire.

Who will blink first? Which defense will make a stop? Who will punt the most? This is what matters.

I believe that the change to LA actually doesn’t help anyone, Rams or Chiefs. The travel is the travel, it really truly means nothing in the scheme of things. The altitude is a negligible factor, the better team usually ends up winning neutral site games no matter the “advantage.” This has been proven over the years.

I’m going to pick the Chiefs, I’m not confident in the pick. I’m not going to pretend like I know what is going to happen. I do know that this may be the most entertaining game of the year.

John Dixon, Chiefs 37-24

This game brings together two very similar teams — both overwhelming on offense and relatively weak on defense — and it would be easy to just say it will be a high-scoring shootout and move on. But I’m not so sure. Both teams are likely to bring a solid pass rush, but only Jared Goff is likely to be affected by it; Patrick Mahomes should be able to brush it off and make plays.

With Sammy Watkins back, it should be an early Thanksgiving feast for Mahomes — with plenty of ketchup for the turkey! Todd Gurley will probably get his on the ground, but I expect the Chiefs to try and limit him as a receiver — which will be easier than expected, because without Cooper Kupp, the Rams have no viable third receiver.

Sean McVay’s attempt to get an additional advantage by practicing in Colorado — perhaps a fine idea in theory — will end up doing nothing more than costing his team a valuable day of preparation.

Finally... in addition to this week’s travel carousel, the Rams are coming off two tough games -- one of which they lost — while the Chiefs have cruised through two weaker opponents with half an eye on this game. On Tuesday morning, nobody is going to wonder which of these teams is better.

Matt Lane, Chiefs 45-38

One of the most anticipated games all year, the Rams and the Chiefs square off in LA competing for bragging rights as the top team/offense. The Chiefs have had a few lower-tier opponents the last few weeks and while not coasting may have been looking forward to this upcoming matchup while the Rams last two games have been a narrow victory vs a divisional opponent and a loss vs the other superpower in the NFC. The Chiefs may have a slight edge in terms of preparing for this game mentally for a longer time.

When the Rams have the ball it’s easy to say the Chiefs need to sell out to stop Todd Gurley but that may be a mistake. Gurley is a nightmare matchup for KC now matter how much they try to throw at him and are likely better suited to try and rally to the ball and play patiently vs the run. The two biggest keys are the Chiefs pass rush vs a quality offensive line, forcing Goff off his spot greatly reduces his ability to be a good QB.

Second is McVay vs Sutton; Sutton’s adjustments can be easily predicted and McVay is a genius at exploiting favorable matchups. For the Chiefs to succeed with the pass rush, Sutton will have to confuse the Rams and not allow the easy, quick completions to running backs and wide receivers matched up with linebackers or the safeties on an island.

When the Chiefs have the ball they should present as many and similar problems to the Rams. If the Rams resort to their usual man to man coverage, the Chiefs should use the quick game to set up the intermediate and longer passing game knowing the Rams cover players can’t match up with the receiving options.

If the Rams go back to zone like last week, the protection will have to be better allowing WRs to find the soft spots because we know Mahomes can dice up a zone coverage. Hunt should be given plenty of carries this week attacking the edge of a poor linebacker and defensive end group.

This game should be a ton of fireworks on offense with both defenses battling for the 1-2 timely stops. The Chiefs, oddly, have been very good at getting off the field on third downs and forcing turnovers so while this game will be remembered for offensive output, the Chiefs defense (Dee Ford) comes up big with some key third-down stops in the second half.

Gary McKenzie, Rams 28-27

Early in the year, I had this lingering feeling the Chiefs would lose to the Rams in Mexico City (now Los Angeles), but beat them in the Super Bowl — I’m sticking with this theory.

I think the game will be lower scoring than a lot of people think. Both the Chiefs and Rams run similar offenses, and each team’s defense has had ample time preparing for Andy Reid and Sean McVay’s style of genius.

I believe the Chiefs will get their punches in, but I do not have faith in this Chiefs interior offensive line being able to stop Aaron Donald for four quarters. The five sacks allowed against the Cardinals last week didn’t help me relax either.

Matt Stagner, Chiefs 52-31

The offseason champs and NFC-best from LA should be the most formidable opponent of the season for the Chiefs. This KC team has been developing as they go through the schedule. In the first games, Mahomes was the story, hitting the league with shock-and-awe. The special teams units quietly earned the top ranking in the league. The defense struggled early, but all of a sudden looks like they can affect the passer and cover.

They’re getting healthier and the young players are growing into their roles. The Chiefs have the quarterback and pass-rush advantage, and are at least equal if not better at offensive skill positions and coaching.

The only real concerns are the run defense against Gurley and the interior offensive line against Donald. But, elite quarterback play and big-play ability on offense should help the Chiefs get a lead, and the pass rush will have another opportunity to dominate if the Rams have to play from behind. I think the Chiefs have a special Monday night ahead of them.

Craig Stout, Chiefs 44-35

It’s the battle of two great offenses against two bad defenses. Both teams have players on the defensive side of the ball that can make a massive difference — Aaron Donald and Dee Ford have been outstanding affecting the passer this year — but largely this game will go as the offensive execution goes. Todd Gurley will get his yardage on the ground, but the misdirection run game — utilizing jet sweeps and end-arounds — could be the real killer for the Chiefs defense.

Jared Goff has been very good this year, but losing his security blanket in Cooper Kupp doesn’t help. The Rams will still move the ball through the air, but if the Chiefs defense can get a little pressure from Ford, Chris Jones, or Justin Houston, Goff has shown weaknesses dealing with it.

For the Chiefs offense, Patrick Mahomes should be able to move the ball easily through a healthy Sammy Watkins, and the Rams will struggle to keep a lid on the top of the defense against Tyreek Hill. Travis Kelce should find a little room against this safety tandem, as well.

On the ground, the Rams run defense is actually worse than the Chiefs run defense, so look for Kareem Hunt to find success as the engine of the offense this week. Much in the way that other teams try to keep the Chiefs offense off the field by running the ball and taking time off the clock, the Chiefs may play a little more of a ball control game this week.

This is a different defense than the one that got lit up by the New England Patriots five weeks ago. Houston’s return, healthier safeties, Dorian O’Daniel getting more snaps, and Jonesplaying like a man possessed will make some difference. The Chiefs defense may only need a couple stops to beat the Rams. I’m predicting they get three.

Kent Swanson, Rams 38-35

I’ve been back and forth all week about this one. There’s a ton of talent on both sides of the football. Both offenses are about as fun as you can get. The defenses are within .9 PPG allowed (LA 23.1 and KC 24.0) of each other. The Chiefs pass rush is coming on strong. They’ve got to disrupt if they want to win this game.

Only one team has Aaron Donald though. I’m terrified of him. The Chiefs have done an admirable job with Cameron Erving, Austin Reiter and Andrew Wylie on the interior of the offensive line and Mahomes has done a good job to this point navigating pressure. Donald is just a different beast. He makes a few plays too many for the Chiefs to overcome.

Pete Sweeney, Chiefs 52-49

This has been the toughest game of the year to call, in my opinion, because I think it is going to be a back-and-forth, high-scoring shootout. In those type of games, it comes down to the final possession, which is impossible to predict.

I believe that will be the case here, and the Chiefs, having been through such a game in New England, learn their lesson and correctly manage the clock this time around. Give me five touchdowns for Patrick Mahomes, as the Chiefs win a thriller at the Coliseum.

Joel Thorman, Chiefs 42-40

Vegas is begging me to bet on the Chiefs with a 3.5 point line in favor of the Rams. I firmly believe the Chiefs offense is better than the Rams and has more weapons. The Rams defense is better than the Chiefs and are playing better right now than Kansas City. The Chiefs defense is hot right now though and that includes Dee Ford who has a big game to kill at least one Rams possession and help the Chiefs get the W.

Aly Trost, Chiefs 41-35

The key to this game is stopping Todd Gurley. 198 rush attempts for almost 1,000 yards this season...he’s a monster — and could be the difference between Chiefs win or a Chiefs loss. A reason not to fear here, though, is because the Chiefs’ defense has been improving week after week and, after giving up 43 on the road to the Patriots, I don’t see Bob Sutton or Andy Reid letting something like that happen again. Shakira may have won in Mexico City, but the Chiefs will come up victorious and serve the Rams their second loss

Dane Van Why, Rams 45-38

I am FIRED UP for this game. Currently being billed as one of the best games of the season, Rams-Chiefs should live up to the hype. This one is going to look a lot similar to Week 6 in New England, with two high-powered offenses trading blows until the final whistle.

With the over/under already set at an unprecedented 63.5 points, Vegas is expecting a shootout, and so am I. But in the end, I think the Rams defense is superior to the Chiefs defense, and if Kansas City can’t keep up with the amount of offensive production needed to win this game, they won’t be able to secure the W in LA.
---------------
I love me some Chiefs!!!
But I worry that they wont be able to shut down Gurley. If not, I think we may lose big.
-----------
A good running game
Simply can’t keep pace with a superior passing attack
----------
Jared Goff is averaging 1.6 fewer passing yards per game than Mahomes.
The Rams’ passing attack is just fine.
----------
Donald is going to wreck the interior OL
But Patrick is better equipped to deal with that than a lot of QB’s.
----------
Did nobody even consider...
The toll Watkins, Hill, Kelce and Mahomes are going to take when they attack Peters? I think attacking him and getting in his head early is another key to a Chiefs victory. They can toy with him, then unleash Hunt too. I dont think Peters can handle them on his own.

Expect him to get safety help, which could open up the opposite side of the field too. Peters not tackling means YAC will be huge when going right at him. I hope Andy intends to exploit this. If so, Chiefs win.
------------
I think Reid and McVay will give each other the ol wink nod and go straight nascar on the scoreboard
------------
I think the Chiefs win.
But I won’t be all that upset if we lose (unless we get blown out)

If Pat can handle the interior pressure from Suh and Donald we have a great shot at 10-1. I think Andy is going to have a lot of plays drawn up to get the ball out of Pat’s hands quickly, whether that be run plays, quick screens, or quick slants. Running game will be important as play action might be our best chance at getting the ball downfield against the Rams pass rush.
------------
I think people are overrating Suh.
They’re talking him up as he’s still a top 10 player at his position.
-------------
Picked our boys to win
And think they will. Anyone that thinks Bob will play a part in this game is kidding themselves, unless they think he is a big problem going into this. McVay is going to spin the old guy’s head, we will need Andy to do the same to Phillips. I’m just hoping we keep Gurley under 150 rushing yards, our RB matches up well with theirs. The QB’s will be the difference, which is why I think we’ll win.
------------
I haven't made a prediction all year.....
….. so I have no record to go on. But I HAVE watched AFL and NFL games for 55 years (since the Chiefs came to KC). Saw many games at old Municipal Stadium with my Dad. Anyway, I have NFL GamePass so can watch replays at my leisure.

I have watched the Chiefs and the Rams. I have to say…… I think the Rams have this one. I wish it weren’t true. The Chargers scare me as well because they are division opponents. We have a few games left that I think are going to be difficult for us. But the Rams game I marked in the L column sadly. Hope I am wrong!!!
-------------
Toughest coach in league against softest coach in the league.
This might get ugly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Toughest coach in league against softest coach in the league.
This might get ugly.

Just cause Andy Reid looks like the stay puff marshmallow man had a kid with a walrus doesn't mean he's soft. A little fluffy maybe but not soft!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Two things the Chiefs will attempt.

Shut down TG and double AD every play.

Can they. NO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The "make Jared Goff beat you with his arm" cracks are more funny than anything at this stage. I can't remember the last time I saw a "make Big Ben beat you with his arm" or "make Philip Rivers beat you with his arm" comment. The fact is that Jared Goff is producing like a top 5 QB this year. His numbers are significantly better than the numbers currently being posted by guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Simply put, Jared Goff will whoop your ass with his arm.

Also, it's worth pointing out that these are the Chiefs' starters on the interior:
LG: Cameron Erving
C: Austin Reiter
RG: Andrew Wylie

If that doesn't wake Suh and Brockers up, I don't know what will. Aaron Donald should feast, but Suh and Brockers are both more than good enough to kick some serious ass.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The "make Jared Goff beat you with his arm" cracks are more funny than anything at this stage. I can't remember the last time I saw a "make Big Ben beat you with his arm" or "make Philip Rivers beat you with his arm" comment. The fact is that Jared Goff is producing like a top 5 QB this year. His numbers are significantly better than the numbers currently being posted by guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Simply put, Jared Goff will whoop your ass with his arm.

Also, it's worth pointing out that these are the Chiefs' starters on the interior:

If that doesn't wake Suh and Brockers up, I don't know what will. Aaron Donald should feast, but Suh and Brockers are both more than good enough to kick some serious ass.

it makes me wonder how much football these people actually watch. well we know they don't watch any rams games.

i can't say shit about mahomes because i've only watched him play one game, against the broncos on mnf. i'm not gonna make any sweeping statements about him because i'll look like an idiot.

Rainram

Starter

...I'd say it's about time for Brockers and Suh to do so.

Also...agree on your points about Goff. It's completely ignorant to assume he doesn't have the ability to beat teams, when he has done exactly that all year long.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Maybe if we leave some Whataburger's outside the chiefs locker room, Mahomes will get a stomach ache before the game.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

There could be a new NFL record for Defensive Holding this week, both penalised and unpenalised.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...-will-have-all-star-officiating-crew-per-espn

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1064293942542442496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1064293942542442496&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowheadpride.com%2F2018%2F11%2F18%2F18102074%2Fchiefs-rams-will-have-all-star-officiating-crew-per-espn

I find this move makes all the sense in the world.

While Chiefs-Rams is not a playoff game, it ought to be, at least when it comes to to the television ratings the game should draw.

With so many eyes watching, the last thing the league wants is the game to be decided by the zebras.
--------------
Is Jeff Triplett part of the crew?
I heard that he is an All Star.
-------------
The fix is in folks!
Mahomes and the Chiefs will have to beat all 19 players on the other team. I had the game Chiefs 47-27, now I have to roll that back to Chiefs 42-34. Those refs will be propping up Goff and the Rams bigtime.

The Rams were already facing a juggernaut in Mahomes, then I heard the team was experiencing a situation comparable to the movie ‘Planes, Trains, and Automobiles’. The Rams will still lose, but the refs will keep it close right up until the end.
-----------
This move does not make sense
It gives the impression that a few "company men" are being planted in there to make sure the game goes particular way.

It will be interesting to see if controversial flags are thrown be the ring-ins. At best it will get people talking about the officials more than they should when the focus should be on the game. The discussion will already be on the game being moved, now the officials, whoever loses will have multiple excuses.
-------------
Why would the league risk their top officials' reputations to do that?
And why would they need these guys specifically to do it?
-------------
They're the top officials according to who? According to the NFL
I’m not saying they are planting officials to fix the game. I’m saying that is the narrative that will come out if there is a controversial call. They keep giving the viewers an excuse to doubt them.
----------
From what I have read in the past the league tracks and grades
these officials all year long. It is how they select the crews for the playoffs from what I understand. They only want the best for those most important games at the end of the year.
----------
And do they make these grades publicly available? Of course not. So they could in theory say they're putting their best officials on the game, when they're actually doing something else.
----------
While I question things, I'm not completely all in on the 'rigged' thing.
But if I were that person, I would say:

• The Rams pretty much have their division – So, let them get the win. It also helps bolster LA.
  • The Chargers lost, by helping KC lose, it could give another Primetime game good ratings (Thursday/Chargers).
  • If the Chargers win the Thursday night game, It could help give the next weeks Primetime game (Chiefs/Seahawks) good ratings.
--------------
I can understand them not wanting to trust several officials
who have made poor calls or missed calls. That could cause a major controversy in one of the biggest primetime games of the entire year that holds at least moderate (could have been major had the Patriots and Chargers not lost) playoff implications. These are two heavyweights getting ready to slug it out in front of the entire nation in what COULD be a possible Superbowl preview.

People want to see these two teams leave it on the field and let the players and teams decide. We don’t need the excessive flagging or players getting away with stuff because the refs are just plain bad. We need the best and the NFL is doing that. My hats off to them.
-----------
They won’t miss a thing
Be on the lookout for multiple " illegal man downfield" calls…they are starting to focus on linemen getting out too far on RPOs…and we run a lot of em.
-----------
They should do this more often
I still find it amusing the Patriots had 0 penalties vs us. No team plays flawlessly. As many announcers say "you can call holding every play if you want to".

The fact they never did goes to show the bias they have for Brady and Bb.
-------------
Makes no sense
Doesn’t make sense in the playoffs either. Officiating crews are used to working with each other and can be more consistent because of it. Having hand picked officials makes no sense from calling the game and only opens the door to question the integrity of the game if something smells fishy tomorrow night.
-----------
Refs will screw the Chiefs over because the NFL wants that Rams vs Pats Super Bowl...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...-will-have-all-star-officiating-crew-per-espn

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1064293942542442496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1064293942542442496&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowheadpride.com%2F2018%2F11%2F18%2F18102074%2Fchiefs-rams-will-have-all-star-officiating-crew-per-espn

While Chiefs-Rams is not a playoff game, it ought to be, at least when it comes to to the television ratings the game should draw.

With so many eyes watching, the last thing the league wants is the game to be decided by the zebras.
--------------
-------------
The fix is in folks!
Mahomes and the Chiefs will have to beat all 19 players on the other team. I had the game Chiefs 47-27, now I have to roll that back to Chiefs 42-34. Those refs will be propping up Goff and the Rams bigtime.

The Rams were already facing a juggernaut in Mahomes, then I heard the team was experiencing a situation comparable to the movie ‘Planes, Trains, and Automobiles’. The Rams will still lose, but the refs will keep it close right up until the end.
-----------
It gives the impression that a few "company men" are being planted in there to make sure the game goes particular way.

It will be interesting to see if controversial flags are thrown be the ring-ins. At best it will get people talking about the officials more than they should when the focus should be on the game. The discussion will already be on the game being moved, now the officials, whoever loses will have multiple excuses.
-------------
-------------
I’m not saying they are planting officials to fix the game. I’m saying that is the narrative that will come out if there is a controversial call. They keep giving the viewers an excuse to doubt them.
----------
these officials all year long. It is how they select the crews for the playoffs from what I understand. They only want the best for those most important games at the end of the year.
----------
And do they make these grades publicly available? Of course not. So they could in theory say they're putting their best officials on the game, when they're actually doing something else.
----------

• The Rams pretty much have their division – So, let them get the win. It also helps bolster LA.
    • The Chargers lost, by helping KC lose, it could give another Primetime game good ratings (Thursday/Chargers).
    • If the Chargers win the Thursday night game, It could help give the next weeks Primetime game (Chiefs/Seahawks) good ratings.
--------------

who have made poor calls or missed calls. That could cause a major controversy in one of the biggest primetime games of the entire year that holds at least moderate (could have been major had the Patriots and Chargers not lost) playoff implications. These are two heavyweights getting ready to slug it out in front of the entire nation in what COULD be a possible Superbowl preview.

People want to see these two teams leave it on the field and let the players and teams decide. We don’t need the excessive flagging or players getting away with stuff because the refs are just plain bad. We need the best and the NFL is doing that. My hats off to them.
-----------
They won’t miss a thing

Be on the lookout for multiple " illegal man downfield" calls…they are starting to focus on linemen getting out too far on RPOs…and we run a lot of em.
-----------

I still find it amusing the Patriots had 0 penalties vs us. No team plays flawlessly. As many announcers say "you can call holding every play if you want to".

-------------
Makes no sense

Doesn’t make sense in the playoffs either. Officiating crews are used to working with each other and can be more consistent because of it. Having hand picked officials makes no sense from calling the game and only opens the door to question the integrity of the game if something smells fishy tomorrow night.
-----------
Refs will screw the Chiefs over because the NFL wants that Rams vs Pats Super Bowl...

Let's hope more of these guys are right and the NFL intends to "help" us win by refreshing the refs on what holding is.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Keys to the Game

1. Stop Todd Gurley,
I don't think the Chiefs have the ammo to stop Gurley. Also, it doesn't look like their defense is geared that way.

Strictly on FO's stats, it looks like the Chiefs' defensive plan will be to try to shutdown Cooks and Woods in the passing game, but "let" everyone else, including Gurley, do whatever on the ground and in the air. I guess not "let", but it'll probably look like it.

By DVOA, the Chiefs are 2nd in the league in defending No. 1 receivers and tops in defending No. 2 receivers. They're 27th in defending other WR's and RB's in the passing game and 22nd in defending TE's. Of course, this is all in addition to being dead ass last against the run. I don't think the Chiefs will shut down any part of the Rams' offense, but even if they somehow do, we should get a nice Gurley game.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
cCRwTXN.png

0t6pYOT.png

Last edited:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
And I’m going to enjoy keep riding that until people get the point that that isn’t how you beat it us.
Goff will light you up 1v1 and when you try and compensate Gurley will.

Only way to stop us really is play upright stubborn football like the Saints did.

Hope they adopt this tonight!

--------------
-------------
The fix is in folks!

-----------

-------------
-------------
----------
----------
----------

--------------

-----------
They won’t miss a thing

-----------

-------------
Makes no sense

-----------

Lmao they think the refs going to try and cheat us into the SB? Wtf? Haha

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was curious how the Chiefs are at defending HBs. Y'all are going to laugh. They are literally the worst team in the NFL. Here's how they've fared this year:
David Johnson - 28 touches, 183 YFS, and 2 TDs
Chubb/Duke Johnson - 33 touches, 176 YFS, and 3 TDs
Lindsay/Booker - 34 touches, 213 YFS, and 1 TD
Mixon/Walton - 20 touches, 61 YFS, and 0 TDs
Michel/White/Barner - 38 touches, 214 YFS, and 2 TDs
Yeldon - 18 touches, 122 YFS, and 1 TD
Lindsay/Freeman/Booker - 24 touches, 160 YFS, and 2 TDs
Breida/Morris - 27 touches, 184 YFS, and 1 TD
Conner - 13 touches, 65 YFS, and 1 TD
Gordon/Ekeler - 33 touches, 292 YFS, and 1 TD

Basically, they've gotten torched by everyone but Steelers and Bengals. Yeah, I think taking away Todd Gurley is going to be easier said than done. Remember how some said they performed better against David Johnson last week? LOL. Let's look at the numbers:
21 rushes
98 yards
4.7 YPC
1 rushing TD
7 receptions
85 yards
1 receiving TD

Yep, that's actually performing better for them. And keep in mind that Johnson has posted bad numbers basically all year because of how bad that offense is. I hope Gurley goes for 150+ rushing, 80+ receiving, and 3+ TDs.

I think you're aiming low, brother...

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's up with their fanbase calling themselves "Chiefs Kingdom?" Native American chiefs aren't kings and have nothing to do with kingdoms.

So freakin' lame.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/18/nfl-rams-chiefs-week-11-preview-monday/

5 questions with Chiefs Wire
By: Cameron DaSilva

It’s finally here. The game everyone’s been waiting for has (almost) arrived as the Los Angeles Rams are set to host the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday night at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. It was supposed to be played in Mexico City, but poor field conditions forced the league to relocate.

With this marquee matchup next on the docket, we talked to Charles Goldman of Chiefs Wire to get some intel on Kansas City.

1. How different is the Chiefs offense when Sammy Watkins is healthy?
Well, we only have a one-game sample size of Sammy Watkins actually being absent, and that is last week against the Cardinals. The Chiefs had their lowest point total of the season, but they really didn’t struggle to move the ball either. Mahomes might have held on to the ball for a beat or two longer at times against the Cardinals, but I’m not certain that’s due to Watkins’ absence.

Watkins has had a few games where he hasn’t really been a cornerstone of the Chiefs offense. In Week 1, he only caught three passes for 21 yards. Week 4 against the Broncos, he only had a single target and no catches. So the Chiefs have been able to take care of business even when Watkins isn’t contributing. If he couldn’t play on Monday, I don’t think it’d be too big of a problem. Still, it’s never great to have one less weapon when you’re facing a good football team.

2. Kansas City’s run defense has been subpar this season, so how does it stop Todd Gurley?
I don’t think there is any stopping Gurley per se, but the Chiefs have done a pretty good job of not letting running backs hurt them in the grand scheme of things. They may have a lot of yards by the end of the game, but opposing teams aren’t coming away with wins because of how well their running back stat sheet looks.

What the Chiefs have done a good job of is limiting big chunk plays to running backs. The longest run they’ve allowed is 26 yards, which is good for fifth in the league. They’re also forcing some third-and-long situations where teams won’t often utilize their backs.

The strength of the defense right now is obviously the secondary and pass rush, so they want to force teams into situations where they want to throw the ball. Another way they’ve done that is by building a lead. If they’re the first team to score, it puts opponents in catch-up mode, which plays right into their hands.

3. Who’s an underrated player the Rams have to be aware of?
There are certainly a few of them to highlight. Dorian O’Daniel has been seeing the field more often lately. If the Chiefs are in their dime sub-package he comes in and plays linebacker because of his speed and ability to match up in coverage. He’s got some tackles for loss and has been close to sniffing out a takeaway.

Daniel Sorensen just came back from injured reserve last week. He’s going to also be on the field for the Chiefs in nickel and dime sub-packages. Before his injury, he put together a really great training camp and was poised for a huge season. Tackling is his game, and the Chiefs really needed someone who can wrap up in the middle of the field.

He’s not exactly underrated, but I feel like Justin Houston is overlooked with how well Dee Ford has done this season. He came back from a hamstring injury last week and you could tell just from the look in his eyes that he’s a man on a mission. I wouldn’t want to be playing across from him throughout the next several weeks.

On offense, look out for Demarcus Robinson. He’s got some chemistry brewing with Patrick Mahomes dating back to the 2017 preseason. If Watkins can’t go on Monday, he’s the guy I expect to step up in his place.

4. I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask about Patrick Mahomes. What’s the main difference between him and Alex Smith that took the Chiefs to the next level?
Smith is a system quarterback. That’s not a knock on him; that’s just what he is. Put him in the right system and he can make plays within it. When that system breaks down, when a play goes wrong, he panics and struggles to make things happen on his own. Sometimes he’ll make a big play with his legs, but too often he wouldn’t be able to make something happen.

Other than the obvious physical differences (arm strength, youth, etc.) that’s the main thing. Mahomes can operate within Andy Reid’s offense and do it well, but when things break down he can also make plays. … That’s why the Chiefs are seeing a different type of success with Mahomes that they didn’t see with Smith.

5. What’s your prediction for Monday night?
I know it’s a football cliche, but it might simply come down to which team has the ball last.

On one hand, I feel like L.A. has a huge advantage playing at home. They’re trying to rally fans around the recent tragedy in Thousand Oaks and the fires throughout the state. That’s a powerful thing, and events like that can really motivate a team to win for their city.

At the same time, I really like how the Chiefs match up with the Rams. On defense, the Chiefs will be able to challenge the Rams offensive line more than any team they’ve played this season. On the offensive side of the ball, I think the Chiefs will do a lot of things to scheme the Rams’ vaunted interior pass rush out of the game, from quick passes, screen plays, rolling Mahomes out of the pocket. Everything will be on the table there. Last week they played pretty vanilla against the Cardinals, so expect a few unique plays from Reid this week.

I feel like the Chiefs can really only beat themselves at this point. Penalties have been a huge thorn in their side this season. Limiting those this week will be crucial.