Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Oh for fuck's sake. Let me put it in bigger letters so the people in the back can get it because it keeps getting said and some people still can't seem to let it get into the gray matter.

NINETY SECONDS AND NO TIMEOUTS DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHEN THE OTHER TEAM HAS SPENT THE LAST 30 MINUTES OF GAME TIME SHOVING THE FOOTBALL UP YOUR ASS AND MOVING IT AT WILL WITH COMPLETE IMPUNITY AT WHATEVER SPEED THEY WANTED.

Seriously, people need to SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THE 90 SECONDS AND 90 YARDS. The entire 2nd half was a display that all bets were off and that they could absolutely not be given the ball UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. You don't trust your defense in any way shape or form after what you've just witnessed, especially since the only "stop" they got the whole 2nd half was the result of an unforced error by their opponent, nothing the team had done. There was literally ZERO indication the defense was going to be able to hold serve. None. Absolute absence of indication. The only logic behind it is "well, look at how many hashmarks are between here and the paint". So?

You try to keep the ball out of their hands and, if it doesn't work, hoping for a hold can be plan B.
just yell and tell people to shut the fuck up - good move

more all caps must mean you are right.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
After this year when Morris is gone you'll have your answer. Inexcusable scheme and playcalling. How many times was Ramsey manned up on Deebo today? Not many.

Plenty.. and they went somewhere else with the ball successfully on those times because Long, and DD and Rapp are awful. You think they can be coached up? Good luck with that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
i didnt like not trying to score at the end of regulation - thats an entirely different convo.

im talking about punting the ball back to the 49ners with 1:24 left and 90 yards to go.
Harbaugh knew his team was gassed and wouldn't be able to stop I think it was GB and went for two points. They failed.
But he went for it because he understood the position his team was in and that winning the game there was a better shot than going to OT.

Harbaugh has won a Super Bowl.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
just yell and tell people to shut the fuck up - good move

more all caps must mean you are right.
No, being right means I'm right.

Arguing with some people who might have been dropped on their heads too many times shows I might also be insane.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Oh for fuck's sake. Let me put it in bigger letters so the people in the back can get it because it keeps getting said and some people still can't seem to let it get into the gray matter.

NINETY SECONDS AND NO TIMEOUTS DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHEN THE OTHER TEAM HAS SPENT THE LAST 30 MINUTES OF GAME TIME SHOVING THE FOOTBALL UP YOUR ASS AND MOVING IT AT WILL WITH COMPLETE IMPUNITY AT WHATEVER SPEED THEY WANTED.

Seriously, people need to SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THE 90 SECONDS AND 90 YARDS. The entire 2nd half was a display that all bets were off and that they could absolutely not be given the ball UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. You don't trust your defense in any way shape or form after what you've just witnessed, especially since the only "stop" they got the whole 2nd half was the result of an unforced error by their opponent, nothing the team had done. There was literally ZERO indication the defense was going to be able to hold serve. None. Absolute absence of indication. Hell, they moved it 61 yards in 38 seconds to end the half. The precedent was there. The only logic behind it is "well, look at how many hashmarks are between here and the paint". So?

You try to keep the ball out of their hands and, if it doesn't work, hoping for a hold can be plan B.
What the hell are you talking about? Basically every scoring drive the Niners had vs us this year were of the 15 play, 85 yard, 8:32 off the clock variety. The idea that they were destined to score in that scenario is absurd. It was a completely different scenario than what they had all game.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well, has has won more games, he's never had a losing season, won division titles 3 out of 5 years and been to the playoffs 4 out of 5. Yes, I think McVay is better.

This is like the "styles make fights" saying in boxing. Muhammad Ali was clearly a much better fighter than Ken Norton or Joe Frazier, both of whom gave him fits and pushed him to the absolute brink, and both of whom pinned losses on him. Yet both of those guys got annihilated by clubbers like George Foremen, and Norton lost a number of other fights you would think heshould have one. Same with McVay and Parabolic Dish Ears. McVay wins most of his games and looks good doing it. PDE beats McVay, but loses a lot of gamed his team should win.

McVay is a better coach, but PDE has his number right now. Fortunately, in football, one can build their team with other teams in mind, and I think this offseason there needs to be a serious look by McSnead on how they need to build the Rams going forward with the express purpose of pounding the 49ers.
Build with what? Kind of broke draft pick wise and a bit cap strapped.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
What the hell are you talking about? Basically every scoring drive the Niners had vs us this year were of the 15 play, 85 yard, 8:32 off the clock variety. The idea that they were destined to score in that scenario is absurd. It was a completely different scenario than what they had all game.

Except for the last 38 seconds of the 1st half, you mean?

Your argument is bad, and you should feel bad.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
You mean when they kicked a FG?? LOL. How embarrassing for you.

I'm sure you think that was some sort of great burn.

It wasn't.

Fact is, they marched 60-some yards in less than 40 seconds. So to claim they couldn't go 80 in 90 is, to quote Stephen Lynch, "just a little bit special"

Tano

Legend
Except for the last 38 seconds of the 1st half, you mean?

Your argument is bad, and you should feel bad.
And I came on the board and said what the hell Morris

You were playing aggressive the entire first half until right before half time

Stop with the soft zone shit right before the half.

And he did the same exact thing at the end of regulation.

I am really getting tired of that shit.

If they played the same aggressive defense on the series right before that, I think we win 99 out of 100 times

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
people didnt think we were losing the game when we punted there.... no way.
I told my kid at the time they should have roll him out on 2nd down and eat it if nothing is there. What could go wrong? And a legit shot to get the first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.