Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
There's definitely a mix of overly aggressive in the pass game at times and hyper-conservative at others. He goes for it on 4th down at one of the lowest rates in the league, for example.
I agree with that. Another way of saying we lack balance, in both directions. Whatever happened to simple, rational situational choices?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The vent and Morris thread have turned into attack people threads wow. Glad I took most of the night off, too much in here is just toxic people attacking posters.

Rams77

Starter
Look-the Bucs couldnt beat the Saints but they won the Super Bowl. Even this year the Saints own the Bucs. The Seahawks won a Super Bowl and had problems with us last decade. Divisional rivals sometimes are built to beat other divisional rivals. The Niners are just built to beat the Rams. The team needs to psychologically get over this and get ready for the second season. The playoffs are here. 14 teams are 0-0. Maybe we will meet them in the Conference Championship game-who cares. Out of sight out of mind has to be the mentality for this team. Lets get ready for the Cardinals

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and one was basically a punt that the Niners ended up punting right back. The one in OT was bad but Stafford was one of the reasons we were even in the game. The o line couldn’t block for shit. Run or pass.

will that be his nickname now? "like a punt" stafford?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Look-the Bucs couldnt beat the Saints but they won the Super Bowl. Even this year the Saints own the Bucs. The Seahawks won a Super Bowl and had problems with us last decade. Divisional rivals sometimes are built to beat other divisional rivals. The Niners are just built to beat the Rams. The team needs to psychologically get over this and get ready for the second season. The playoffs are here. 14 teams are 0-0. Maybe we will meet them in the Conference Championship game-who cares. Out of sight out of mind has to be the mentality for this team. Lets get ready for the Cardinals

Agreed, but somehow it pisses me off when the talking heads make a big deal out of 5 straight wins (now 6) but I don't hear too much that Russell Wilson is something like 18-4 against the whiners.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Yup, I just talked about it in another thread but there are a ton of similarities between this years Rams team and last years Bucs.

TexasRam

Legend
Rapp and Long should never ever ever ever be on the field.

The fact that they are is on Morris. We should have been cycling in literally anyone else to get our team playoff ready and find solutions.

Instead we go into the playoffs with these guys and it is over for the Rams. We might beat the Cards but that's about it.

The defensive backfeild truly reminds me of the Marmie days the way they give up 5 yards cushion for each reception.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

does anyone know why rapp stayed in the middle of the field/endzone on that trick play the whiners ran for a td?

samuel ran all the way to the sideline yet rapp stayed in the middle of the field until samuel threw the ball.

was he just asleep? think it was a run play?

didn't get to see the wide shot of the play.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

The fact that they are is on Morris. We should have been cycling in literally anyone else to get our team playoff ready and find solutions.

Instead we go into the playoffs with these guys and it is over for the Rams. We might beat the Cards but that's about it.

The defensive backfeild truly reminds me of the Marmie days the way they give up 5 yards cushion for each reception.

Umm.. how'd they get on the roster?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Umm.. how'd they get on the roster?

Not sure but paying John Johnson might have been the difference. Rapp isn't a bad player but he takes bad angles at times and is out of position at times. That's why I think Ramsey had a problem with him.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler

The 49ers have had trouble on their back end too, but they have the ability to limit their exposure by taking the air out the football in a way we don’t. McVay has made this a big play quick strike offense. Feels like every scoring drive is 17 yard pass to Jefferson, 7 yard run Michel, 16 yard catch Higbee, 8 yard run Michel, 25 yard TD catch Kupp. Just boom. boom. boom. And while he enjoys that kinda offense, I do think McVay wants more balance.

Today I know he wanted to respond to their physicality with a running game of our own—because Sony is a physical ass back—but our o line just got their ass kicked. I guarantee you McVay was in the offensive meeting room all week saying “if those motherfuckers come out with that 18 play drive shit trying to cram the ball down our throats, we are gonna give it right back to ‘em”. We rolled out those 3 tight end unbalanced looks several times and we got our shit pushed in like every time. The offensive line was really the only unit he called out by name in his post game presser.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn...what a let down,. 17-0 up and then we fuck it up.
We suck against physical teams.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
people didnt think we were losing the game when we punted there.... no way.

I literally called it to my wife. Swear to God the only time in the game I actually called anything. I said "Deebo Samuel will get a big catch and nobody will tackle him and suddenly they'll be taking us to overtime.

Sure it could be a coincidence but after watching this team so much, sometimes it feels like you just kinda know what's coming....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

does anyone know why rapp stayed in the middle of the field/endzone on that trick play the whiners ran for a td?

samuel ran all the way to the sideline yet rapp stayed in the middle of the field until samuel threw the ball.

was he just asleep? think it was a run play?

didn't get to see the wide shot of the play.

He did his job. Aiyuk and Jennings both leaked out. Ramsey and Fuller both got caught with their eyes in the backfield and let Jennings go. Rapp was stuck in no man's land.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The 49ers have had trouble on their back end too, but they have the ability to limit their exposure by taking the air out the football in a way we don’t. McVay has made this a big play quick strike offense. Feels like every scoring drive is 17 yard pass to Jefferson, 7 yard run Michel, 16 yard catch Higbee, 8 yard run Michel, 25 yard TD catch Kupp. Just boom. boom. boom. And while he enjoys that kinda offense, I do think McVay wants more balance.

Today I know he wanted to respond to their physicality with a running game of our own—because Sony is a physical ass back—but our o line just got their ass kicked. I guarantee you McVay was in the offensive meeting room all week saying “if those motherfuckers come out with that 18 play drive shit trying to cram the ball down our throats, we are gonna give it right back to ‘em”. We rolled out those 3 tight end unbalanced looks several times and we got our shit pushed in like every time. The offensive line was really the only unit he called out by name in his post game presser.
I think we need to spend some draft capital on OL. Whitworth is 40 (still decent) but our downfall is not being able to get yardage on the ground against the whiners. Even in the 2 TE set, we got minimal yardage. I think the end arounds and some bootlegs that were designed for Goff kept the whiners Dline off of us. The one hand off to Kupp was successful.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I literally called it to my wife. Swear to God the only time in the game I actually called anything. I said "Deebo Samuel will get a big catch and nobody will tackle him and suddenly they'll be taking us to overtime.

Sure it could be a coincidence but after watching this team so much, sometimes it feels like you just kinda know what's coming....
Today was the worst tackling performance I’ve seen from any NFL team all year. That defensive film room is gonna be *tense* watching this one back.

Even if he doesn’t believe it, I wouldn’t be shocked if McVay came out with a ringing endorsement of Morris. “We watched the film, Gary, and we saw that we had guys in place to make tackles on nearly every play. And way too many guys missed those tackles or were driven back. We’ve got to finish….”

Like I said I don’t even think McVay believes it but he might wanna try and boost his DCs confidence heading into the playoffs.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I think we need to spend some draft capital on OL. Whitworth is 40 (still decent) but our downfall is not being able to get yardage on the ground against the whiners. Even in the 2 TE set, we got minimal yardage. I think the end arounds and some bootlegs that were designed for Goff kept the whiners Dline off of us. The one hand off to Kupp was successful.
I’d love to see the metrics on when first contact was made on Michel and Akers carries. Felt like they were getting hit before the LOS nearly every time.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think that the second half was the biggest choke I've ever seen from this team...Especially in such an important game..Terrible thing is that I'm actually grateful that they get the Cards and not the Whiners...For the life of me I can't see what McVay was thinking with the dumb short yardage call near the half and the pass play that Stafford totally whiffed on...

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I’d love to see the metrics on when first contact was made on Michel and Akers carries. Felt like they were getting hit before the LOS nearly every time.
The part that pissed me off was seeing the whiners getting hit in the backfield and getting 7 yard gains. I think it happened 3-4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.