Vent Thread Rams vs Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Some day after watching 40 years of football.. .some of you will learn that run pass ratio is determined by score more than anything.

Am I allowed to say retarded?

Because thinking this game was won or lost because of run passratio's is retarded as fuck.

The ratio was determined being down 28-7 at half... I mean we did run the ball 9 times for 2 years in the first half.

Ellard80

Legend
This is the problem I have with people criticizing McVay. Say he does keep running the ball, and we continue to throw downs away for 1 and 2 yard gains or negative yardage. You are asking Goff to then continue to make up for the lack of a running game by throwing on third and long's. I get it, we want to keep running the ball. But we can't continue to feed someone and expect it to yield results. People will outscore us and then make us play catch up like they did today.

Yeah when you are averaging 0.002 yards per rush - clearly you need to run the ball more.

Especially down 31-7 in the 2nd half before you get the ball.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Lots of things this team needs to improve on, without much draft capital or cap space. I hope Snead has the answers because I sure don't. If we don't re-sign Ramsay, we are going to look so foolish. And I am not convinced he will want to come back, after the way we played this season.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
LOL. Laid an egg in a must-win game. It's just not our year. I didn't even watch after Goff's INT. Wasn't worth my time. For those who thought the OL was progressing, we saw today that it's still the major problem it has been all year. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking it's better than it is. And the defense is infuriating. Just doesn't show up some weeks.

That wasn't the defense that failed to score more than 7 points when it mattered....

As for Goff, he is who and what he is....I never liked him, still don't, it's a shame really.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is the problem I have with not finding a way to run...we have not won 1 game when we don’t. So all of who so quickly say that the run was not working, the white flag came out when we stopped trying. 9 attempts to Gurley is not “trying” to run...it’s capitulation. I agree the holes weren’t there early...but must continue to probe for weakness...especially with a genius at the helm
In order to keep plugging away with the run the O must have the ball. If the D cant get a stop there are less opportunities to try and establish the run. 3 runs and a punt does no good. If the D gets stops like they did last week Gurley gets plenty of opportunities to run the ball.

Ellard80

Legend
Honestly I don't think it was going to matter anyway.

I don't think the Vikings are going to lose another game.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Lots of things this team needs to improve on, without much draft capital or cap space. I hope Snead has the answers because I sure don't. If we don't re-sign Ramsay, we are going to look so foolish. And I am not convinced he will want to come back, after the way we played this season.

The decisions made this season will likely set this team back 3 years at best.

Ellard80

Legend
In order to keep plugging away with the run the O must have the ball. If the D cant get a stop there are less opportunities to try and establish the run. 3 runs and a punt does no good. If the D gets stops like they did last week Gurley gets plenty of opportunities to run the ball.

Have to also convert 3rd downs in order to posses the ball.

Also nice to see someone that understands basic football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That wasn't the defense that failed to score more than 7 points when it mattered....

As for Goff, he is who and what he is....I never liked him, still don't, it's a shame really.

No, it was the defense that gave up 37 points. Don't even come in here making bullshit excuses for the defense. They sucked today. The offense sucked too. Goff has had a down year. I still believe in him and the team. But it's not our year. Don't even try to lay this all at Goff's feet. I'm not here for that.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Great tackling LMFAO. Wade needs to be put out of his misery. We need someone who is a mean cuss. We are too soft and finesse

Disagree, it's BOTH side of the ball, coaching, game planning and most of all EXECUTION.......

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
No, it was the defense that gave up 37 points. Don't even come in here making bullshit excuses for the defense. They sucked today. The offense sucked too. Goff has had a down year. I still believe in him and the team. But it's not our year. Don't even try to lay this all at Goff's feet. I'm not here for that.

I made no excuse for the defense.....BOTH sides were equally responsible and unprepared.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
terrine game but how the FUCK did they tell the Rams they had to kick off at half 30 seconds before they had to fick

Status
Not open for further replies.