Vent Thread Rams vs Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Did we watch the same game? Some of you asking to run more when the OL was getting blown up all day at the LOS.
I think the argument people are making is that not only do we need to run the ball more, but mix it up. All of our runs went inside today. No jet sweeps, no runs to the outside...nothing but ineffective runs inside.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the problem I have with not finding a way to run...we have not won 1 game when we don’t. So all of who so quickly say that the run was not working, the white flag came out when we stopped trying. 9 attempts to Gurley is not “trying” to run...it’s capitulation. I agree the holes weren’t there early...but must continue to probe for weakness...especially with a genius at the helm

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
200 rushing yards given up while we run for 20.

Only a handful of QB's can keep you in a game like that and it is becoming quite evident we do not have one of them.

McVay and the FO have a tall task this off season.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Did we watch the same game? Some of you asking to run more when the OL was getting blown up all day at the LOS.

Yup. Absolutely no push from the middle of the line.

Blythe is a reserve lineman. Nothing more.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Next year will be interesting. I am very curious to see if this was just a down year for some of our players (and for that matter, our coaching staff), or if we are in serious trouble going forward.

I do think that we have to move on from Wade Phillips regardless. His Super Bowl performance was outstanding, as was his 2018 playoff showing as a whole. That won him everyone's confidence after a so-so 2017-18 regular season. But he is in his 70s now, put in another season where his body of work is nothing special, and the 3-4 defensive scheme is generally the lesser model, in my humble opinion. If we don't cut ties now we will need to do it in a year or two. Pull off the band-aid now, I say, and start moving forward.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Don’t give me that shot there’s time left! We got smoked! Goff is not our QB. If you think he is you are a straight homer... look at his first quarter. Dude missed obvious passes. Not to mention throughout the game with ZERO PRESSURE. But the excuses will be WR’s and OL. Get outta here!
This may be a Vent thread, however calling out others whom do not share your opinion is incredibly petulant

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
There is a McVay problem.

Yet another 3+ to 1 pass to run ratio.

It's dumb to do that.

Only Gurley, who is clearly struggling, gets carries?

McVay fucked up another game by playcalling like he is down 50 points when he is down 7.

Not one jet sweep in this game.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Maybe it’s time to wake the hell up and be realistic!

I understand being optimistic but really?

This right here is what frustrates me most. Being a die hard fan doesn't mean lying to yourself and saying that everything is okay. Some people have a tough time facing reality. Optimism crosses into delusion too frequently.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

-Carl Sagan

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talking about our players, who’s our inspirational leader on this team? Who do we look to when things go bad? It’s not Goff, right? I’m not talking about coaches. Who do we look to?! I think we sometimes look like we have no soul.

tempests

Hall of Fame
This is the problem I have with not finding a way to run...we have not won 1 game when we don’t. So all of who so quickly say that the run was not working, the white flag came out when we stopped trying. 9 attempts to Gurley is not “trying” to run...it’s capitulation. I agree the holes weren’t there early...but must continue to probe for weakness...especially with a genius at the helm

Not many coaches in this league "stick with the run" when they find themselves down 2-3 TDs in the first half.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I know that Goff can be electric and make the best of the best throws .... IN SOME GAMES ... but I'm really concerned by his hot and cold spells, and more by his many many many inaccurate throws, even while not under much pressure.

Ram77

Rookie
Yeah seriously not one jet sweep or outside run play all game. Miserable play and play calling by everyone. The pressure got to em

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The 2019 Season

3DBF0DB8-D04D-439A-B727-D2FA16A173CC.png

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Gurley sucked. Goff sucked, The oline sucked. The dline sucked. The secondary sucked. The ONLY player who looked good was Hekker and perhaps Higbee. This looked like a Fisher Rams team,

Fisher's team? I can remember two games in his tenure that ended in a beatdown like this. We've had several THIS YEAR.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

Yet another 3+ to 1 pass to run ratio.

It's dumb to do that.

Only Gurley, who is clearly struggling, gets carries?

McVay fucked up another game by playcalling like he is down 50 points when he is down 7.

Martz 2.0

Ram77

Rookie
Talking about our players, who’s our inspirational leader on this team? Who do we look to when things go bad? It’s not Goff, right? I’m not talking about coaches. Who do we look to?! I think we sometimes look like we have no soul.
Hekker

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Not many coaches in this league "stick with the run" when they find themselves down 2-3 TDs in the first half.

Yeah but we abandoned the run way before we were down by all that much. We quit trying to run, and didn't try different kinds of runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.