Vent Thread Rams vs Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the offense has scored 30+ over the past 3 years more times than in the entire 11 years prior. More times last year than all of Fisher. More times this year than all 3 years of Spags.

More WINS so far this year than any year under either of them. And if we get another, more wins than any Non-McVay season since 2003.

I'll take now over Fisher or Spags, thanks. I'd prefer we be better, and I'm disappointed in the performance many weeks this year. But I'm not trying to throw it away to go back to the "good old days"
I guess you don't understand the concept of a "Vent Thread"
McVay is the best coach we've had in forever and I wouldn't want any other HC for my team.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is the best coach we've had in forever and I wouldn't want any other HC for my team.

Oh no, its not that. Its just that I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch last night's "game" on repeat until next season over having Spags back

RamsInfiniti

Rookie

I was mad as hell at McVay yesterday - in reality, it seems so easy watching from the couch.

I forget how young he is. My guess is he will learn and adapt. I really, really hope the bottom doesn't fall out before he gets there though.

I remember a young coach - Bill Bellicheat, or something like that. Remember that guy? Got canned in Cleveland after some growing pains ....

Tano

Legend
I just want to know why did he go against the gameplan that was working so well the last two weeks against the Cardinals and Seahawks.

We didn't have one jet sweep in the game. And only a couple roll outs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh no, its not that. Its just that I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch last night's "game" on repeat until next season over having Spags back
Nobody is advocating for that.
The defense has been deplorable at times this season, 3rd 40+ burger slapped on the Rams this year. Defies rhyme or reason

johneric8

UDFA
I want to repost this from last year when you whipped us. Congrats on killing us last year in the playoffs, I personally didn't think it would happen. Nice to see us even things up a bit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah we could have stayed at 7 and 9 and bin less negative but hard to stay positive while going back wards from super bowl to missing the play offs. although it seams like I remember plenty of negativity fishers last year.
Yeah how horrible! We could finish 10-6 oh the shame! Burn this place down.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd game this season of 44 or more points. FWIW, Spags had only 2 such games in his 3 seasons, Linehan as well only 2 games 44 or more. Fisher had 2 of his own, and Fassel interim coached to a 3rd in Fish’s 5th season. Wow
Side question, are there a higher percentage of 40 point games now than with those coaches? How many ended in the high 30s with opposing coaches taking their foot off the gas? I’m not excusing the three defensive performances but there is more context that just 40 point games given up.
Also do people still want to pay big for Littleton or are we ready for a change at ILB?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to repost this from last year when you whipped us. Congrats on killing us last year in the playoffs, I personally didn't think it would happen. Nice to see us even things up a bit.
You can thank us by extending Garrett for 5 more years :)

That said congrats on the win and I personally hope you guys beat Philly.

Ellard80

Legend
Side question, are there a higher percentage of 40 point games now than with those coaches? How many ended in the high 30s with opposing coaches taking their foot off the gas? I’m not excusing the three defensive performances but there is more context that just 40 point games given up.
Also do people still want to pay big for Littleton or are we ready for a change at ILB?

Not sure if they will be able to pay littleton.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I just want to know why did he go against the gameplan that was working so well the last two weeks against the Cardinals and Seahawks.

We didn't have one jet sweep in the game. And only a couple roll outs.

My guess, different match ups.

Dallas has better pass rushers than Seattle, for one.

I can't put my fingers on it but one scouting report posted said that the Rams should run between the tackles against Dallas; well, I guess the scouting report was wrong because that's exactly what they tried and failed.

I was surprised by the drops from Woods. Gurley struggled with passes whether well thrown or not.

Thought Reynolds played OK.

The Rams as a whole seemed not to match Dallas' intensity.

I thought that the Rams were just 1/2 step away from hitting, sacking or stripping Dak several times.

I hate the missed tackles by the defense.

The Tavon TD was a fluke.

Could not execute and did not get lucky.

For all of the doubts about Gurley, when the Rams fed him the ball, the Rams played their best and when they didn't the Rams lost. As for me, I'm undecided on Gurley...I damn sure don't want to sit him out.

Last edited:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Yeah how horrible! We could finish 10-6 oh the shame! Burn this place down.
well 10 and 6 is not bad but coming off a dominating win over seattle to being crushed by a cowboy team that was playing so poorly that there was talk of canning their coach is cause for negativity. I wish I could just say oh well it does not matter and if we beat the whinners it will help but I can not understand how you are not disappointed.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Well, the season is a disappointment for sure. Seems like the 'boys are a bit stouter on the O-line, as they were able to grind out the yards. I think the Ravens and the Cowpokes put up, maybe 500 yards on the ground on us. Something is broken with that D. some days... Couplel that with the fact that teams have learned how to shutdown our ground game and that recipe is a loss every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.