Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
We had the ball on offense and the game was tied in the 4th qtr with 6mins left! I'm just going to forget about this game and move on.
GO RAMS

That part was great... but after that... was.. troubling to say the least.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peters needs Talib back, maybe that will get his head on straight?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Jalapeno ones are pretty damn good though!
Well, I'm a purist. No jalapeno, no ranch, no hot wings, no "blaze"...
Quit trying to reinvent the wheel. That's what fucking dip is for.

Some fightback. Showed me a lot because I was in despair at HT. We are still legit.

Need Talib back in the worst way. It was like playing D with 10 men. The worst individual performance I can remember ever seeing.

If we are gonna go 14-2 like I suspect we need the Saints to lose a couple. Can't afford to go back there in January. They have a tough schedule so it is impossible.

Outside of one or two throws Goff was incredible. Everyone else on O was as we knew, still outstanding. I like what Fowler did today. Think he will be worth the picks.

We can beat anyone. We can win it all.

MachS

Hall of Fame
We cannot win a championship with this defensive personnel. It was clear as day today and has been all season.

Time to start tempering our expectations. Championship level offense, championship level special teams with BELOW average defense just won't get it done. Not enough playmakers on the back end to win the big game when it matters.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know our D is terrible. I know we gotta get more pass rush, trade Peters for an 8th round pick etc...BUT...however you slice it, we had some messed up calls/non calls go against us today. Really swung the momentum and made things much harder for us.

what-if-i-told-you-youve-been-royally-shafted.jpg

It's not an excuse. We deserved to lose, with the way we played on D the whole game, and on offense the last few drives. I'm just a little salty, thats all.
Honestly the only shit call that bothered me was the blatant bad spot on the Hekker fake FG run. I mean....it was challenged, reviewed and still blown. Garbage.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Some were calling it game at the half. What I learned is that winning brings out the worst in fans. Sheesh

I love this team.

Right on.
The boys brought it back to 35-35.
Reflect on the positives and that is huge, all things considered.
Both OL's were good today.

I hate to point the finger, but what to do with Peters?
He had a terrible game, and hasn't been playing well.

Ellard80

Legend
Well, I'm a purist. No jalapeno, no ranch, no hot wings, no "blaze"...
Quit trying to reinvent the wheel. That's what freaking dip is for.

lol... well hey the originals have cheese tho :p

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Peters needs to get his head out of his ass.. I hope we make an example of him in team discussions

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Our defense is not good. Not nearly as good as it was hyped up to be. That being said, this game showed us that we only require an average effort from the defense (like it gave in the second half) to win.

If the effort the defense put in during the second half was there in the first we'd have won this game.

We weren't going 16-0. Only the most delusional homers believed that. And it's not a big deal. Every Super Bowl winning team but one has lost at least a single game during the regular season.
So Wade doesnt fit your standards?... come on we are 8-1. You think we would of been the 72 Dolphins?...

mikeyboy

UDFA
All I can really say is that I love our Rams more than ever right now I'm very proud of the way they fought back and next time we Face these guys we will be the ones eating the jambalaya I'm going to wear my Rams colors with a lot of love and pride tomorrow at work

Ellard80

Legend
Just hope we keep winning and they lose some - don't want to play them there in the playoffs.

Our schedule is tough as shit lately.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd entertain moving Joyner to the #1 CB spot until Talib is back. He has some experience playing on the outside and can't be any worse. Put Peters on their #2 WR from here on out. Run with downgraded safety skills for a while. It's a less important position. When Talib is back, he takes on opposing #1s, and move Joyner back to safety. We need to shake *something* up.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Well that was pretty sad. Don't see how we're going to stop the Chiefs in two weeks.

Lack of depth on the defensive side is a real concern. Adding Fowler doesn't help the pass rush near enough.
Something has to change with Marcus Peters. Can't continue the way things are.

I wonder if another week or two will help Fowler...he flashed a few times.

Peters has me worried. He’s shown badly in multiple games.
He seems really undisciplined.

Ellard80

Legend
I'd entertain moving Joyner to the #1 CB spot until Talib is back. He has some experience playing on the outside and can't be any worse. Put Peters on their #2 WR from here on out. Run with downgraded safety skills for a while. It's a less important position. When Talib is back, he takes on opposing #1s, and move Joyner back to safety. We need to shake *something* up.

Need to entertain starting #23 and moving Peters to nickel or dime corner.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We cannot win a championship with this defensive personnel. It was clear as day today and has been all season.

Time to start tempering our expectations. Championship level offense, championship level special teams with BELOW average defense just won't get it done. Not enough playmakers on the back end to win the big game when it matters.

Normally I would agree. But go ask the Saints how confident they are in their defence after today. KC has been poor defensively all year. We have to hope we stay healthy and Talib comes back with no ill effects. That might be enough to let us scrape by. Most of the top teams this year are far from stout defensively.

PatDaddy13

Rookie
So Wade doesnt fit your standards?... come on we are 8-1. You think we would of been the 72 Dolphins?...

Can you read?

"We weren't going 16-0. Only the most delusional homers believed that. And it's not a big deal. Every Super Bowl winning team but one has lost at least a single game during the regular season."

And no, this defense is not what it should be given the players that are on it. Part of it is the immense lack of talent at some spots and the part is I don't think Phillips has the correct pieces for his scheme yet. Either way, the offense is good enough to win games as long as our defense puts in an average effort. Which it didn't do today.

Status
Not open for further replies.