VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’d rather have the trophy in the cabinet than be talked up as a “contender” every year but have fuck all to show for it.
I’d rather be a winner in contention with a chance to win it every year and occasionally get it done than suck ass for 20 years and then win once.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I apologize. I meant, McVay has been awesome this year.

I'm not saying to root blindly. I'm not saying that you can't criticize. Just...look at some of the positives, as much as you can. That's what being a fan's about, not just the bad times, but the good ones as well.

NYCRam

Rookie
I'm not saying to root blindly. I'm not saying that you can't criticize. Just...look at some of the positives, as much as you can. That's what being a fan's about, not just the bad times, but the good ones as well.
I hear ya buddy. And am sorry.

Loved Mac so much. Losing faith in him

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

"Honest question...,"

What part of that makes you think I a) know the answer and more importantly, b) why the hell would I answer my own question?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not aware of any.
Why ask a question, where the answer to it would defend or refute a point of view, and yet not have the answer?
I am still hopeful that things turn around, but another 5-12 season tells me that changes need to be made
When I look thru the records of the coaches that I think are good/great, I dont see total train wreck seasons back to back

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why because he's not a homer? This team sucks and has sucked since the sb win. That's not a opinion that's a fact.
Total fact, and the idea that people are complaining about people complaining in a "Vent Thread" is mind boggling

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
The only positive is draft position. Everything else just sucks.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Well to answer your SECOND question first I've been a Ram fan for 50 seasons now and will always be one.

To answer your first question I NEVER called out the city during the original Coliseum years, nor the Anaheim years. Calling out the city now because even though we WON THE FREAKIN SUPER BOWL, and went to another, we still dont seem to have a fan base and Home Field Advantage.

Just calling it as I see it, that as all things being equal, even though I yearned, as a long time fan to return to L.A., St. Louis may have supported the Rams better.
That's fair you make a reasonable point. Some just expect the Rams return to LA to be like the girl that got away and time had no ill affects. The fan base in L.A will be a very slow build that can only exponentially increase on continued and consistent success. The exception would be Hollywood darlings like Magic or Kobie and although they have interesting personalities the players have very little exposure in LA off of the field. The latter is a marketing strategy issue. The team itself should be viewed as an expansion franchise that has come to a city which forced viewers to pick teams without that regional allegiance due to there being no team representing them. We haven't had quite the consistency that is needed. The next generation of Ram fans will be built on the youth who see them play in their city and succeed while their parents teams become less attractive and their connection to those cities their parents still support widens.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This is the Vent thread right?

Memento

Name
Jemma
The only positive is draft position. Everything else just sucks.

Look at Byron Young and Kobie Turner having amazing games. Each of them having ten tackles and sacks (Young with two, including a strip-sack).

I know it may not be the right thread to say it, but we have some young cornerstone players on the defense.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That's fair you make a reasonable point. Some just expect the Rams return to LA to be like the girl that got away and time had no ill affects. The fan base in L.A will be a very slow build that can only exponentially increase on continued and consistent success. The exception would be Hollywood darlings like Magic or Kobie and although they have interesting personalities the players have very little exposure in LA off of the field. The latter is a marketing strategy issue. The team itself should be viewed as an expansion franchise that has come to a city which forced viewers to pick teams without that regional allegiance due to there being no team representing them. We haven't had quite the consistency that is needed. The next generation of Ram fans will be built on the youth who see them play in their city and succeed while their parents teams become less attractive and their connection to those cities their parents still support widens.

If building a 2B stadium, getting to 2 SBs and winning one of them is not enough - then maybe this just isn’t the right girl.

Memento

Name
Jemma
This is the Vent thread right?

Agreed, and I understand it, but we should look at positives in this year. Yes, it's going to be a long one, but we have to look at positives where we can get them, see what some of the younger players can do.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Agreed, and I understand it, but we should look at positives in this year. Yes, it's going to be a long one, but we have to look at positives where we can get them, see what some of the younger players can do.
Ok - I just didn’t think it was appropriate to tell someone venting in the vent thread that this isn’t the place for him/her.

NYCRam

Rookie
I'm starting to doubt the premise that today's Los Angeles 8-year olds are tomorrow's ravenous L.A. Ram fans. Fan base SHOULD HAVE been built back up as of 2018 Super Bowl appearance, and DEFINITELY should have built back up as of 2021 Super Bowl WIN, IMHO. Look what the Raiders 1983 Super Bowl win did for THEM in the City of Angels......

Status
Not open for further replies.