VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCRam

Rookie
not even close.. Every. single.post. since he joined.
I joined after the Steeler game, after long tenures on other boards. Nothing positive has happened since I've joined. I call it as I see it. Been called a homer in the past (2017-21) if you can believe it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing really new here. Bad offensive line play just does not mix with Mcvay. We need to upgrade center and left tackle if Mcvay wants to run the aggressive offense that he does.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's there to vent about? Rypien isn't a NFL QB. We're not going to win a game with the talent we have this year and Rypien at QB. Hell, we're not just starting Rypien at QB, but also playing practice squad HBs. Just the reality of the situation, and I knew that going into the game.

NYCRam

Rookie
What's there to vent about? Rypien isn't a NFL QB. We're not going to win a game with the talent we have this year and Rypien at QB. Hell, we're not just starting Rypien at QB, but also playing practice squad HBs. Just the reality of the situation, and I knew that going into the game.
Yeah, but aren't we losing games with Stafford as well? Alot actually, 2 years running. Something ain't right.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah, but aren't we losing games with Stafford as well? Alot actually, 2 years running. Something ain't right.
last year we were on 4th -5th sting offensive line man....

Stafford, Kupp and Donald were out around half the year.

We were not going to be good last year after all the injuries.

Then before this year we basically dumped everyone and kept about 5 good players.

A lot of media predicted we would be the worst team in the nfl with the roster we had.

Now if we build the roster back up next year and still look like shit.

yes - then we be getting to panic time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one is an island out there. I saw some good play by AD today and I am sure Avila played well.. Puka is a good player. But individuals can rarely win in this league. We need some premium players filling the void and our future will look up.

Because negativity feeds on negativity, I can't wait for this thread to be locked down.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Stafford covers up a lot of this team's issues. If you beef up the offensive and defensive lines I think the Rams are back to being a contender. If we start over at QB I think we're throwing a young guy into a mess.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

Then before this year we basically dumped everyone and kept about 5 good players.

A lot of media predicted we would be the worst team in the nfl with the roster we had.

Just saying...we heard the "wait till next year" excuse last year. When are the excuses gonna stop?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We have our opinions. We have our thoughts as to who should shoulder the blame. My opinion that blaming McVay for his in game coaching is short sighted. I doubt any coach could do much with this roster.

Now if you want to blame him for not addressing the backup quarterback position I can get on board with that. Him and Snead have done poorly in that area. As far as the rest or the roster, there wasn't much they could do. They sacrificed the future for a championship. For me it was worth it. Some may prefer steady years of winning and falling short at the end over a few bad years in between championships. To each his own.

NYCRam

Rookie

I thought we were a borderline. 500 team coming into the year that has underachieved somewhat due to lack of planning of depth at running back and quarterback. Still saw Stafford as a Top 10 QB entering year, maybe he's more of the problem I'm blaming McVay for.

Ellard80

Legend
Just saying...we heard the "wait till next year" excuse last year. When are the excuses gonna stop?
when did you hear the "wait until next year" excuse?

Because the Rams organization was clearly dumping this year for next year.

Ellard80

Legend
I thought we were a borderline. 500 team coming into the year that has underachieved somewhat due to lack of planning of depth at running back and quarterback. Still saw Stafford as a Top 10 QB entering year, maybe he's more of the problem I'm blaming McVay for.
i think we partially got tricked by some good play early in the year.

but i thought we would suck this year.

but i guess we can hope for a healthy Stafford and see if it looks any better or is just more tank mode.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I think Stafford covers up a lot of this team's issues. If you beef up the offensive and defensive lines I think the Rams are back to being a contender. If we start over at QB I think we're throwing a young guy into a mess.
I wouldn't say he covers it he just offers some hope when he's in the gm. We're still losing with him out their as well.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That is a fans perspective and not an owners, team are businesses first. The Rams in your opinion then have now failed at their 4th location so maybe it is the wrong team for you if being part of a national fanbase is your goal. Financially they are a success
Yeah - the fan’s perspective is the only one I have - that’s what I am - a fan.

My “goal” is entertainment, I suppose when it all boils down to it. I enjoy watching the games, reading about the team, thinking about ways they can improve, analyzing matchups - all of it. It’s fun. And I’m pot committed to this team. I’ve been thru some really lean years and they didn’t dissuade me from staying on as a fan.

It’s important to acknowledge that home field advantage is a real thing. When the stadium is loud, it’s hard for an offense to hear - this creates an actual tangible advantage for the teams who are playing at home. Usually. So if I can call out the players, call out the coaches, I can certainly call out the fan base for not doing their part.

That won’t mean I don’t belong or that I should move on - that is my role here, I’m a fan. As such, I will cheer and I will bitch and complain. Some of that will be directed at the front office, some at the coaches, some at the players, and yes - some at the fan base who is failing to do their part.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
when did you hear the "wait until next year" excuse?

Because the Rams organization was clearly dumping this year for next year.
All of last year right up there with the "million different oline combinations" excuse. It's just been 2 years of excuses and the organization was making them before the season even started. When is it gonna stop?

NYCRam

Rookie
i think we partially got tricked by some good play early in the year.

but i thought we would suck this year.

but i guess we can hope for a healthy Stafford and see if it looks any better or is just more tank mode.
I think we were a different team with Kyren, and that injury was bigger than anyone suspected. Especially since we never truly replaced Cam at RB2 IMO. We win the Pittsburgh game it's a different season. Its not the sucking that pisses me off it's more the HOW we're sucking.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You were very optimistic my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.