VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
actually it is.

Especially when you went to the playoffs like 4 out 5 years before.
Sorry but that's a loser mentality imo and just a excuse. Name me another sb winning team that's been this terrible after winning in the last 20 years.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
We had an NFL record for injuries at 0-line. Then Kupp was out half the year... Stafford was out...

I hate losing as much as anyone, but you have to be realistic.

there was no overcoming the injuries we had last year.

We weren't going to compete in the playoffs with Baker Mayfield, street free agent o-line, and Tutu Atwell as our #1 receiver.
Not even "great coaches" would overcome that BS on the O-line. Sorry. No...fucking...way.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Sorry but that's a loser mentality imo and just a excuse. Name me another sb winning team that's been this terrible after winning in the last 20 years.
I don't know.
But.. do you know how many teams HAVEN'T WON A SUPER BOWL IN THE LAST 20 YEARS?

I know that list DOES NOT include the Rams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So how many 5-6 win seasons can they have before you want a coaching change?
I need to see much better next year and expect it.

Didn't expect much this year.. got my hopes up a little.. and now am back to not expecting much this year.

We *knew* this team was severely limited in talent.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Imo we're really bad now even with Stafford.
Damn the way you sound, I'd think we haven't won any games hahaha. I'd reserve judgement to next year. Rams literally booted half the team and signed a bunch of JAGs thanks to all the dead money. That's why McVay doesn't sound too pissed off because he knows this team is talent deficient in key areas.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I live in the present and can see what the roster is.

Who's living in the past?

Because you'd have to be living in the past to not understand what the roster is this year.

And there's a difference between thinking it's an "excuse" and appreciating the fact that the guys in charge are good enough to actually bring home the bacon... as opposed to all the options out there.

How many active coaches have won Super Bowls?
So what.. they gonna mortgage the future again to win the sb because that's exactly how they won the last 1. AD , Kupp, and Stafford aren't getting younger and we only maybe have a legit replacement for 1 of those guys. This regime has not shown they can build a contender through the draft without trading premium picks to get premium talent. Idk where your getting this faith from.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't know.
But.. do you know how many teams HAVEN'T WON A SUPER BOWL IN THE LAST 20 YEARS?

I know that list DOES NOT include the Rams.
The bitch ass Whiners are on that list...... it's the best list as long as they keep staying on it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
is this a trick question? yeah this is the NFL - guys don't get lifetime contracts.
What is it then? Im curious.
I get the free pass for last season, even if it was the worst in the SB era history. And while I didnt expect this season to go without issue, I didnt expect a worse than Fisher outcome. But again, some offer a second free pass. So the question, when do the free passes end?

Ellard80

Legend
I get the free pass for last season, even if it was the worst in the SB era history. And while I didnt expect this season to go without issue, I didnt expect a worse than Fisher outcome. But again, some offer a second free pass. So the question, when do the free passes end?
I guess I'm confused why you care so much about what kind of absolute answer i give.

I already answered this somewhere earlier in this thread anyway.

I'd say he has a couple years more to turn it around - but i think better chance he resigns before they ever fire him.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Never apparently.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need to see much better next year and expect it.

Didn't expect much this year.. got my hopes up a little.. and now am back to not expecting much this year.

We *knew* this team was severely limited in talent.
So what happens if they have another season like this? Its a simple question
O-line plays poorly, play calling is questionable etc. Does winning the SB now 3 seasons prior allow for another chance?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So what.. they gonna mortgage the future again to win the sb because that's exactly how they won the last 1. AD , Kupp, and Stafford aren't getting younger and we only maybe have a legit replacement for 1 of those guys. This regime has not shown they can build a contender through the draft without trading premium picks to get premium talent. Idk where your getting this faith from.
They bought that faith with a Super Bowl win and another Super Bowl appearance.

Like I said.. next year? With a full year of reset.. a potentially huge amount of money to spend and a full set of draft picks? I expect playoffs, at worst.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I am just shaking my head at all this emotional nonsense.

McVay has won about 2/3s of his games in the past 6 1/2 years.

Name a Rams coach that has done the same since 1973? ( Before that I really don't care and I am thankful to be alive to say something like that)

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
i could just become a detroit fan like Giles - now there is an organization with a winner mentality.
Lmao ok since I'm not being a Homer you try to question my fan hood? How about you be better next time you reply to me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So what happens if they have another season like this? Its a simple question
O-line plays poorly, play calling is questionable etc. Does winning the SB now 3 seasons prior allow for another chance?
You ask me if I understand English and don't read what I say?

I have expectations for next year. A 5-6 win season would lead to major changes.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yes, and a lot of that dead cap was due to financial mismanagement
Like, taking a dead cap hit when trading away Woods, then pissing away cap on Allen Robinson and doubling down by dumping him a minute later. The Rams were taking dead cap hits and escaped criticism because they were winning. Didnt make the dead cap a smart decision, they won in spite of it.
McVay was a god send, reversed the trend of losing, got us a SB win, but frankly now has the roster in a much worse position than the one he inherited
Which is exactly why we are where we are. They literally have told all the fans this multiple times. This is why I don't understand folks being upset when one of our biggest acquisitions are late round draft picks and bottom barrel FAs. Since you wanna discuss cap mismanagement, they got it right with Puka Nacua, he's on a cheap ass contract, but he's not the only rookie there. If we can add to that with our newfound cap room next year, we'll be in a much better position.

Status
Not open for further replies.