VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
They bought that faith with a Super Bowl win and another Super Bowl appearance.

Like I said.. next year? With a full year of reset.. a potentially huge amount of money to spend and a full set of draft picks? I expect playoffs, at worst.
Yea, I don't see that and mcvay hasn't given me a reason to see that. We don't have any young superstars like he had when he got here and he hasn't shown the ability to aquire said talent without mortgaging the future.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never apparently.
Never answer the question is more like it
I am still hoping they can turn this shit around, I really am. But each week is looking more and more like a runaway freight train heading to disasterville, and if they are this bad with AD, Staff and Kupp, then I cant imagine how bad it will be without.

Ellard80

Legend
I am still hoping they can turn this shit around, I really am. But each week is looking more and more like a runaway freight train heading to disasterville, and if they are this bad with AD, Staff and Kupp, then I cant imagine how bad it will be without.
besides i did answer the question twice lol....

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Clarification please.

Do you mean 'this vent crowd' is on a vent today? If so, I agree.

Stop posting like So Ram!
You know what I mean.....but since I have to say it, the pitchforks are out today. I thought I saw Giles with Negan's barbed wire bat!

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I feel the same way. I'm just not confident in mcsnead ability to replace said players.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yea, I don't see that and mcvay hasn't given me a reason to see that. We don't have any young superstars like he had when he got here and he hasn't shown the ability to aquire said talent without mortgaging the future.
Well, they probably will use future picks.. in fact, I kinda expect it.
And, without sucking balls.. how do you acquire superstars?
Look around the league.. "Superstars" are high picks.

And.. They got Kupp.. a superstar.. in the 3rd round.

Plenty of mistakes.. wouldn't be here otherwise.. but plenty of good decisions as well.

This year's draft has been exceptional. Puka, Avila, Young and Turner are all good-to-very good starters. They'll have to bring in at least one difference-maker on defense with their resources.. but I think they can do that and more.

We'll see.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is exactly why we are where we are. They literally have told all the fans this multiple times. This is why I don't understand folks being upset when one of our biggest acquisitions are late round draft picks and bottom barrel FAs. Since you wanna discuss cap mismanagement, they got it right with Puka Nacua, he's on a cheap ass contract, but he's not the only rookie there. If we can add to that with our newfound cap room next year, we'll be in a much better position.
That's BS.
There's no salvo out there stating they'd be a league embarrassment, which they are.
There is a big difference between having a down year and what we are watching.
Its seriously post GSOT bad.
As for this cap space fallacy, they are middle of the pack with available cap space in 2024, but have the 2nd lowest # of players signed. So they arent in a great spot whatsoever

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you think a team (the Rams) should score points with under 30 seconds remaining in a Half, and then proceed to give up, not only Field Goals, but TOUCHDOWNS? Really? Maybe draft and develop or sign something better than a Derion Kendrick then.
I think you're complaining about a talent issue and trying to blame the coaches for the talent issue. This team has talent deficiencies. Nobody is disputing that. If you ignored them and had unrealistic expectations, that's on you.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That's BS.
There's no salvo out there stating they'd be a league embarrassment, which they are.
There is a big difference between having a down year and what we are watching.
Its seriously post GSOT bad.
As for this cap space fallacy, they are middle of the pack with available cap space in 2024, but have the 2nd lowest # of players signed. So they arent in a great spot whatsoever
You obviously had some unreal expectations and you can go back to where I told people we were going to be a bad team this year. Having that cap room means we can actually sign real actual starting talent and same with us actually keeping our draft picks. We were literally scraping the bottom of the barrell for free agents this year. You were told it was a reset. That's literally telling you, hey, its gonna be a rough season. It isn't BS, it's reality. Sometimes reality sucks ass.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You know what I mean.....but since I have to say it, the pitchforks are out today. I thought I saw Giles with Negan's barbed wire bat!
No ... I really wasn't sure what you meant. Sorry if I disappointed you.

I am very handsome and well hung but not too bright. I'm like a Male Bimbo. I'm a MIMBO!

I do agree with you about the "Pitchfork Posse"

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

I am very handsome and well hung but not too bright. I'm like a Male Bimbo. I'm a MIMBO!

Mimbo? That's awesome

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You obviously had some unreal expectations and you can go back to where I told people we were going to be a bad team this year. Having that cap room means we can actually sign real actual starting talent and same with us actually keeping our draft picks. We were literally scraping the bottom of the barrell for free agents this year. You were told it was a reset. That's literally telling you, hey, its gonna be a rough season. It isn't BS, it's reality. Sometimes reality sucks ass.
Wait, you said they said it, but now you're saying that you said it?
Glad for you its working out the way you hoped
But now its gonna be a reset, ok Ill play.
They wont be in great cap space, & Donald's contract is up after next year. So how is this reset going to happen? All these holes to fill AND have to replace Donald. And then Stafford
So what are we talking? 5 years? 10?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

I do have my barbed wired bat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.