VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised yall are this mad. When I heard Staff was out, I knew the chances of us losing increased. Then I heard Hav and Jones were out and knew we were gonna lose. This team is not built to lose players to injury. The Packers stacked the box bc they knew we would not trust rypien.

I was furious after Cincy, and even more furious after Pitt, now I've just accepted this season is what it was supposed to be. Get a ton of players in the draft, and see what we have for next season. The first 2 games were a fluke. Time to evaluate who sticks around, and who we draft or go after in FA this offseason.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Rams win a SB with a core of Stafford, Kupp & AD and some how folks cant understand how going 8-18 in the next 26 games was not expected?

You're kidding, right? The 22 team was plagued with injuries and had massive departures.

You brought up Whitworth yourself. He's gone. OBJ was crucial in some later games and the beginning of the SB, he's gone. Robert Woods (prior to injury), Austin Corbett, AShawn Robinson, Greg Gaines, Von Miller, Leonard Floyd, Jalen Ramsey and Matt Gay were all playmakers at one point and they're all gone. Suggesting this current roster's supporting cast is in any way comparable to the 21 team is absurd.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this, being a vent thread and all.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams are the first team to have to compromise their roster over salary cap? That fish dont hunt.
Expecting "good" just doesnt seem to be asking too much for a team that just won the SB and still has core components left over. That said, this isnt even about being good, this team is bottom of the barrel and worse record wise than any Jeff Fisher season
Nonsense.

Totally reductive and does not address the reality of just how much turnover they had and what kinds of resources they actually have on the roster.

And, sure as shit, I can deal with one truly unexpected shitty season (last year) and one bad reset year (this year).

Seriously, did you miss the fact this team won a Super Bowl?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams are the first team to have to compromise their roster over salary cap? That fish dont hunt.
Expecting "good" just doesnt seem to be asking too much for a team that just won the SB and still has core components left over. That said, this isnt even about being good, this team is bottom of the barrel and worse record wise than any Jeff Fisher season
We literally broke the record for dead cap, that's some new shit. Since you like analogies, that dog definitely barks hahaha

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who said bitches? You motherfuckers can't just say that shit when I'm fresh off the boobies section. Talk about a mind fuck
Thank you for the reminder, I got a notification earlier today that @OldSchool posted in the boobies thread
I'll be back in a min... well I'll be back at some point

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He gets a year or two still to right the ship after what he has accomplished.

but who knows me may make some of you happy and quit.
So you admit that there is a period of time where if things didnt get better he'd have to go?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I’d rather be a winner in contention with a chance to win it every year and occasionally get it done than suck ass for 20 years and then win once.
So what team is that? Gotta hit on a young QB to get there. We are talking about the Mahomes of the world and those don't fall off of trees.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
You're kidding, right? The 22 team was plagued with injuries and had massive departures.

You brought up Whitworth yourself. He's gone. OBJ was crucial in some later games and the beginning of the SB, he's gone. Robert Woods (prior to injury), Austin Corbett, AShawn Robinson, Greg Gaines, Von Miller, Leonard Floyd, Jalen Ramsey and Matt Gay were all playmakers at one point and they're all gone. Suggesting this current router's supporting cast is in any way comparable to the 21 team is absurd.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this, being a vent thread and all.
yeah if you look at the 2021 roster compared to this one.... its not the even close to the same animal.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imo we're really bad now even with Stafford.
That's fair I guess. But we'd be the worst team in the league without him. We're a brett Maher away from being 4-5 and I think we win today.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Nonsense.

Totally reductive and does not address the reality of just how much turnover they had and what kinds of resources they actually have on the roster.

And, sure as shit, I can deal with one truly unexpected shitty season (last year) and one bad reset year (this year).

Winning a sb is no excuse to look like shit for 2 straight seasons after.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We literally broke the record for dead cap, that's some new shit. Since you like analogies, that dog definitely barks hahaha
Yes, and a lot of that dead cap was due to financial mismanagement
Like, taking a dead cap hit when trading away Woods, then pissing away cap on Allen Robinson and doubling down by dumping him a minute later. The Rams were taking dead cap hits and escaped criticism because they were winning. Didnt make the dead cap a smart decision, they won in spite of it.
McVay was a god send, reversed the trend of losing, got us a SB win, but frankly now has the roster in a much worse position than the one he inherited

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Winning a sb is no excuse to look like shit for 2 straight seasons after. I live in the present not the past.
I live in the present and can see what the roster is.

Who's living in the past?

Because you'd have to be living in the past to not understand what the roster is this year.

And there's a difference between thinking it's an "excuse" and appreciating the fact that the guys in charge are good enough to actually bring home the bacon... as opposed to all the options out there.

How many active coaches have won Super Bowls?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nonsense.

Seriously, can you read english?
Ok, so you can write off last year and this year. So what happens if next year sucks too?
Clearly there are too many holes to fill in one off season.
They win 5-6 games next year and you'll still ride the SB mantra?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Seriously, can you read english?
Ok, so you can write off last year and this year. So what happens if next year sucks too?
Clearly there are too many holes to fill in one off season.
They win 5-6 games next year and you'll still ride the SB mantra?
Nope, next year will be difference?

What did I misread *in the post I responded to*.

Status
Not open for further replies.