VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Rams win a SB with a core of Stafford, Kupp & AD and some how folks cant understand how going 8-18 in the next 26 games was not expected?
Being happy as all get out with the Superbowl win and being disgusted with what has happened to this team since are not mutually exclusive
I'm just as mad as anyone else - but they made no effort to truly be good this year - they dumped everyone.

Last year started off as a superbowl hang over and then was decimated with injuries.

If next year doesn't look better then we can start to press that panic button.

But perhaps McVay will quit because he hates losing and this organization can go back to being a joke for 20 years like its mostly been.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I missed today's game because of youth soccer, and reading through these comments, boy did I pick a good time to do so. Phew.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
we win that game with Stafford.

so thats what 4-5... not good.. but not "really bad"

but I totally expected this team to be pretty bad this year.... almost every expert out there expected it as well.
I honestly can't even say that with any certainty. Not like he's been good enough to have that much faith in him recently. I did as well and I honestly didn't think it would bother me this much...but it does and the reason for that is I don't think they'll turn it around.

oldnotdead

Legend
This game was lost before it was played. Sean put no effort into tailoring the offense to fit the weak armed QB he was starting. Rypien was pathetic, most of his passes caught or missed were poorly thrown. His miss of Kupp who was open for a TD was so bad he missed not by inches or even feet, he missed by yards, high and offline. He didn't throw it he heaved it because he doesn't have the arm. Hell even I knew that before the game. Why didn't Sean?

Sean got complacent about the PK position that he didn't even draft one. He got complacent about QB2 and couldn't be bothered so he delegated it to his assistants Both decisions have lost winnable games. His game plan today was a roll out of a tired wornout game plan for Stafford not Rypien. Long developing passes hung his OL and QB out to dry and guaranteed failure. Did he adjust? Nope.

Rypien failed due to lack of talent. Why didn't McVay know that? Why didn't McVay tailor the offense to the limitations of his QB? He didn't do it for Goff why would he do it for Rypien both QBs he didn't give a damn about. Only for Stafford did McVay make an effort to play to his strengths. McVay soured on Goff because of INTs. But Stafford threw 10 TDs and 8 INTs last year and 8 TDs and 7 INTs in less than half a season this year, but only crickets from Sean. Make no mistake Sean has a double standard for "his guys" just like Morris has for "his guys, i.e. DK. When Goff was turning it over Sean went out of his way to say he had to play better. Now it's a combination of Stafford and McVay. Sean was known for his innovations. But the last two years Sean doesn't innovate he recycles his offense.

IMO only McVay can save this season by taking charge and making changes. Can Morris and Blackburn. Release Rypien and sign the best FA QB available which is probably Colt McCoy who will have 2 weeks to learn the offense. Name Freeman as his starting RB. Modify his playbook to be more balanced i.e. run vs pass. But most of all focus on gameday not simply go through the motions. If I was Snead and Kroenke I'd be concerned.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Serious Question: How would you suggest they do that?

Trading players with large contracts, that are one or two years into large extensions, often carry Negative salary cap implications ... teams can actually Lose MORE cap space than they Gain.

The Rams are holding onto their draft choices; and trying to maximize cap space for 2024. They are playing their young players ... although many are late round picks and undrafted free agents.

So what would you suggest the Rams do to 'Blow it up'?
They already blew a lot up. This vent crowd is on one today.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe the operative phrase here is horse shit. I want him to have less input in the draft and give up play calling. But not gonna go with the narrative he's not a good coach.
Im not saying he's not a good coach "right now", but there comes a point that winning at a 30% clip will indicate that.
This is season is done, looking at 5-6 wins. So what happens if they only win 5 or 6 next year? And the year after?
Surely all of us would jump off that train at some point
We just seem to vilify the ones who do it before us

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And those don’t have to be the only alternatives
There’s no excuse for a team to fall off such a dramatic cliff like this.
It happens if you get rid of a huge chunk of the team and replace them with late round draft picks and bargain bin free agents. Are depth behind Stafford was always thin as hell. Why everyone is super surprised by us not being good this year is beyond me, but here we are. I would have been surprised if we made the playoffs to be honest with you.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I'm aware and let's not even look at the td/int ratio in that span.
Just backing up your statement
I still believe that Stafford isnt the problem though, and insist that he is part of the answer. Nobody would be successful in this situation right now

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not saying he's not a good coach "right now", but there comes a point that winning at a 30% clip will indicate that.
This is season is done, looking at 5-6 wins. So what happens if they only win 5 or 6 next year? And the year after?
Surely all of us would jump off that train at some point
We just seem to vilify the ones who do it before us
So you're shitting on him right now for what ifs? Come on man. This guys the best coach this franchise has had in a very very long time. He turned this franchise around. He's been in the playoffs more than not. He's coached this team to successes that should have earned our respect and gratitude as fans. This nonsense that he's not good anymore because of the absolute injury shit storm that happened last year and isn't far from happening again is utter shit IMO.

Everybody is welcome to their opinion, to post it here and discuss it. Just as everybody has the right to pick said opinions apart, yours mine and everybody's. By all means run McVay out of town, the karma you'd deserve for that would be 20 years of Spagnola and Linehan and McVay would get hired by the Seahawks when Petey retires and shit all over us for those 20 years on the way to the Hall of Fame in a Seahawk labelled Gold Jacket.

As I said I want him to give up play calling. And I want Snead to run the drafts with input not decision making from McVay.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Haha. I'd say 40% of the board want him gone.
Not me. I call the people wanting him gone a knee jerk reaction to a shitty game today. We have a shit team talent and depth wise. Its not to say there us zero talent , but we need more talent to be taken seriously. Anyone that thought this was a contending team are some of the most optimistic people around. We were given hope early on when this team was outperforming the expectations, but now they are crashing back down to earth. They literally told fans it was about 2024. Now you are mad that it's looking that way? It is entertaining and funny to read these reactions tho hahaha. Gotta love the fandom no matter how its presented

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
With the Rams having had such extreme success, so recently, I would have hoped we'd be a lot more able to process what's going on with the team right now.

Instead.. we're at reductive "McVay is overrated/distracted" and "Stafford isn't good."

Come on, guys. The Super Bowl had a price.. a price that was exacerbated by an offseason of short-sighted decisions.

This year is a reset. You know it and I know it. When everything is going well for this team, they can win some games. They don' have the talent or depth to handle adversity.

Yeah.. there were some shitty decisions too. The *tried* to address the backup QB and did a bad job at it. Paying the price now. I can't complain about what they did, as far as resources.. but judgement? Oh, yeah.. we can take shots at that.

This team should have 5 wins.. but they blew it. Road win with a 3rd string QB? No, not gonna happen.

Ellard80

Legend
Not me. I call the people wanting him gone a knee jerk reaction to a shitty game today. We have a shit team talent and depth wise. Its not to say there us zero talent , but we need more talent to be taken seriously. Anyone that thought this was a contending team are some of the most optimistic people around. We were given hope early on when this team was outperforming the expectations, but now they are crashing back down to earth. They literally told fans it was about 2024. Now you are mad that it's looking that way? It is entertaining and funny to read these reactions tho hahaha. Gotta love the fandom no matter how its presented
yeah i mean i knew this would happen.

Guy took a franchise that had been a joke for over a decade and made them relevant and Superbowl champs IN 5 FUCKING YEARS

its waaay waaay too early to be running him out of town.

It's batshit crazy tbh.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It happens if you get rid of a huge chunk of the team and replace them with late round draft picks and bargain bin free agents. Are depth behind Stafford was always thin as hell. Why everyone is super surprised by us not being good this year is beyond me, but here we are. I would have been surprised if we made the playoffs to be honest with you.
Rams are the first team to have to compromise their roster over salary cap? That fish dont hunt.
Expecting "good" just doesnt seem to be asking too much for a team that just won the SB and still has core components left over. That said, this isnt even about being good, this team is bottom of the barrel and worse record wise than any Jeff Fisher season

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So you're shitting on him right now for what ifs? Come on man. This guys the best coach this franchise has had in a very very long time. He turned this franchise around. He's been in the playoffs more than not. He's coached this team to successes that should have earned our respect and gratitude as fans. This nonsense that he's not good anymore because of the absolute injury shit storm that happened last year and isn't far from happening again is utter shit IMO.

Everybody is welcome to their opinion, to post it here and discuss it. Just as everybody has the right to pick said opinions apart, yours mine and everybody's. By all means run McVay out of town, the karma you'd deserve for that would be 20 years of Spagnola and Linehan and McVay would get hired by the Seahawks when Petey retires and shit all over us for those 20 years on the way to the Hall of Fame in a Seahawk labelled Gold Jacket.

As I said I want him to give up play calling. And I want Snead to run the drafts with input not decision making from McVay.
I can understand what happened last year.. and what's happening this year.

Next year? Needs to look much MUCH different and I'm hopeful it will. A year more of growth for the last three draft classes plus, hopefully.. a good draft class and smart/impactful FA signings.

TBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.