VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
All of last year right up there with the "million different oline combinations" excuse. It's just been 2 years of excuses and the organization was making them before the season even started. When is it gonna stop?

We had an NFL record for injuries at 0-line. Then Kupp was out half the year... Stafford was out...

I hate losing as much as anyone, but you have to be realistic.

there was no overcoming the injuries we had last year.

We weren't going to compete in the playoffs with Baker Mayfield, street free agent o-line, and Tutu Atwell as our #1 receiver.

NYCRam

Rookie
You were very optimistic my friend.
I was. I was 9-8/10-7 before the season. And continued to believe it well into the season. If we dont give up DISGRACEFUL bend-over, late 1st Half drives and gift points to the Niners and Eagles we're actually a winning team this season. The Coaching (Mac AND Raheem) has been weak IMHO, along with putrid Special Teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with that. Still losing alot of others with him. Games we SHOULDN'T be losing IMHO.
We've lost two games this year we should have won: Cincy and Pittsburgh. We lost to Cincy because McVay called a terrible game and had a poor gameplan. We lost to Pitt because of a ref screwjob and stupid mistakes (from Stafford and McVay). Such is life. Few coaches would be doing better with this squad and the circumstances we've faced this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Green Bay is a shit team, and the Rams got every break, every call and still couldnt do anything. Offense was disgusting, and drive after drive deep sixed but awful play calling.
This is the team McVay and Snead built and dont get a free pass because its shit.
The QB situation is inexcusable, the RB situation unexplainable and tight end is just an abomination. Tutu has reverted back to bust status, he cant catch a ball in traffic. Rypien was awful but got no help from the play calling and the drops.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was. I was 9-8/10-7 before the season. And continued to believe it well into the season. If we dont give up DISGRACEFUL bend-over, late 1st Half drives and gift points to the Niners and Eagles we're actually a winning team this season. The Coaching (Mac AND Raheem) has been weak IMHO, along with putrid Special Teams.
Sounds like you were and are unrealistic about the talent level of this team. If you think the coaching was the problem against those two teams, I don't really know what to say. Those games had no business being as close as they were with the talent disparities.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Are you being serious about last year right now?

We had an nfl record for injuries at 0-line. Then kupp was out half the year... stafford was out...

I hate losing as much as anyone but you have to be realistic.
Very serious because we sucked from the 1st gm to the last and I'm not hearing that oline excuse. We had a trash oline in 19 yet our offense could still move the ball consistently all year. Even with Stafford and kupp in the gm our offense is still bad in b2b years. I'm done with the excuses if I haven't made that obvious enough.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Green Bay is a shit team, and the Rams got every break, every call and still couldnt do anything. Offense was disgusting, and drive after drive deep sixed but awful play calling.
This is the team McVay and Snead built and dont get a free pass because its shit.
The QB situation is inexcusable, the RB situation unexplainable and tight end is just an abomination. Tutu has reverted back to bust status, he cant catch a ball in traffic. Rypien was awful but got no help from the play calling and the drops.
Word.

No excuses we scored 3 points…. Might as well scored nothing…

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That may be because we have zero talent on the defense not named AD. Neither of the guys you just mentioned would start on any of the teams 2017-21. I do like them tho.

Yes, they would. Kobie Turner and Byron Young would easily start. Maybe not immediately, but at the level they're playing? They're foundational pieces when AD is traded or retires. It's the secondary that concerns me; if Durant's down, we're in deep shit, unless THT balls out. I've seen enough of Shelley and Kendrick to last a lifetime.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Yeah - the fan’s perspective is the only one I have - that’s what I am - a fan.

My “goal” is entertainment, I suppose when it all boils down to it. I enjoy watching the games, reading about the team, thinking about ways they can improve, analyzing matchups - all of it. It’s fun. And I’m pot committed to this team. I’ve been thru some really lean years and they didn’t dissuade me from staying on as a fan.

It’s important to acknowledge that home field advantage is a real thing. When the stadium is loud, it’s hard for an offense to hear - this creates an actual tangible advantage for the teams who are playing at home. Usually. So if I can call out the players, call out the coaches, I can certainly call out the fan base for not doing their part.

That won’t mean I don’t belong or that I should move on - that is my role here, I’m a fan. As such, I will cheer and I will bitch and complain. Some of that will be directed at the front office, some at the coaches, some at the players, and yes - some at the fan base who is failing to do their part.
I get it, I am in that same boat l just don't hold the who is at the stadium nearly that high of a priority in my fandom.. Anaheim, the Coliseum, SoFi. I have been a season tix holder and went to games at all of these stadiums and more.

I just think how many people wearing Blue is less important to me and it is often used as an attack without a solution, which essentially is bitching. It is quite apparent that L.A is supporting football it just may not be your team.

The crowds at SoFi are largely L.A residents with few exception like when SF fans drive 5 hours or appx the same distance that fans drive in many cities to support their own teams and flying is 2 hrs from home to stadium in some cases. My son does this from San Jose and yes he is an L.A fan in the Silicon Valley.

The fan base did grow tremendously after the SB win to think it didn't not that you have stated such is a misnomer. Be well dude and lets hope the base continues to grow before our own fans try to kick them out

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very serious because we sucked from the 1st gm to the last and I'm not hearing that oline excuse. We had a trash oline in 19 yet our offense could still move the ball consistently all year. Even with Stafford and kupp in the gm our offense is still bad in b2b years. I'm done with the excuses if I haven't made that obvious enough.
Yeah, I dont want to hear about the o-line injuries when its the same dang guys getting injured or playing awful. Bottom line, we were graced by god that Whitworth fell in to our laps and that he beat father time the way he did. Because without that living miracle, there is no winning history here

NYCRam

Rookie
Sounds like you were and are unrealistic about the talent level of this team. If you think the coaching was the problem against those two teams, I don't really know what to say. Those games had no business being as close as they were with the talent disparities.
So you think a team (the Rams) should score points with under 30 seconds remaining in a Half, and then proceed to give up, not only Field Goals, but TOUCHDOWNS? Really? Maybe draft and develop or sign something better than a Derion Kendrick then.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Good lord what were people expecting?

I too become hopeful at the beginning of the season.

We are exactly where I expected before camp even started.

I was real, I knew the cap, we did ZERO in FA except lose some of our best.

And somehow this goes as far south as to debate which city has the best fans?

Alcohol must be driving this thread.

McVay is arguably the best coach we have had since John Robinson.

Vermeil and Martz got lightning in a bottle. Or has everyone forgotten already.

McVay is the real deal. We are fortunate to have him.

GO RAMS!!!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well not a lot of good to build off today. Not much to work with in Rypien. No Stafford means no wins. Still I think McVay probably needs some time away much like Dick Vermeil did. I think he needs new perspective. No shame in that. We do have a SB win to be proud of. He took us there. But I think he is just no longer having inspired fun. We need a new leader that can revitalize the team and carry the torch. Just my 2 cents. The Rams are getting close to opening a new chapter.

Ellard80

Legend
Good lord what were people expecting?

I too become hopeful at the beginning of the season.

We are exactly where I expected before camp even started.

I was real, I knew the cap, we did ZERO in FA except lose some of our best.

And somehow this goes as far south as to debate which city has the best fans?

Alcohol must be driving this thread.

McVay is arguably the best coach we have had since John Robinson.

Vermeil and Martz got lightning in a bottle. Or has everyone forgotten already.

McVay is the real deal. We are fortunate to have him.

GO RAMS!!!
quit bringing perspective to the vent thread!

This is the no excuses and no objectivity zone.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yeah, I dont want to hear about the o-line injuries when its the same dang guys getting injured or playing awful. Bottom line, we were graced by god that Whitworth fell in to our laps and that he beat father time the way he did. Because without that living miracle, there is no winning history here
Facts

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't say he covers it he just offers some hope when he's in the gm. We're still losing with him out their as well.
Yeah because the roster is in a rebuild. That's what I mean. We'd be really bad if he weren't there. Not just losing.

Ellard80

Legend
Imo we're really bad now even with Stafford.
we win that game with Stafford.

so thats what 4-5... not good.. but not "really bad"

but I totally expected this team to be pretty bad this year.... almost every expert out there expected it as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams win a SB with a core of Stafford, Kupp & AD and some how folks cant understand how going 8-18 in the next 26 games was not expected?
Being happy as all get out with the Superbowl win and being disgusted with what has happened to this team since are not mutually exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.