VENT Vent Thread: Packers @ Rams. Locked after 24 Hours.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
With that line of thinking then what's the point of running the personnel grouping we do with the lack of personnel to run it? Why not try something else instead of sticking with the same old? Just because?
Kyren Williams fumble, Stafford taking a sack on 3rd down outside of FG range.

Thats 6-14 pts right there.

That's a lot more indictive of how we lost the game than thinking used 2 TE more is going to result in some huge change in offensive production.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Kyren Williams fumble, Stafford taking a sack on 3rd down outside of FG range.

Thats 6-14 pts right there.

That's a lot more indictive of how we lost the game than thinking used 2 TE more is going to result in some huge change in offense production.
Again, I never said using 2 TE sets was the answer. I mentioned 12 personnel as a point of reference in the 49er game. We went outside of our usual 11 personnel out of necessity given the state of the offensive line. That was an adjustment that needed to be made and it worked out well, I think we can agree on that right?

No real argument against KW fumble and Stafford's sack - they definitely contributed heavily to this loss. But they were both big reasons we were even in the game at the end. See what I'm doing here? I'm not blaming the players like a lot of people would do. I think our offense is fundamentally flawed - from playbook to personnel. If the argument is "the personnel isn't good enough to run anything" then there's a larger issue with the way this offense is constructed and there's really only two people to blame - the coach and the GM.

Injuries happen and we've done little to adjust to them. But let's just keep rolling out the same every week. That'll definitely work.

Tano

Legend
There have been people who have mentioned that having Jones as one of the LBs would not make much of a difference but I vehemently disagree due to one certain point that no one has brought up.

Jones wore the green dot and made sure everyone was in the right spot. I doubt Reeder has done as good a job as making sure everyone is in the right spot. It always seems like there are a few WTF is that person doing covering this person or why the hell are players out of position trying to tackle the RB.

I think Jones would have made a humongous difference in making sure some of these big plays from happening. Not all but I think they would be halved.

Ellard80

Legend
Again, I never said using 2 TE sets was the answer. I mentioned 12 personnel as a point of reference in the 49er game. We went outside of our usual 11 personnel out of necessity given the state of the offensive line. That was an adjustment that needed to be made and it worked out well, I think we can agree on that right?

No real argument against KW fumble and Stafford's sack - they definitely contributed heavily to this loss. But they were both big reasons we were even in the game at the end. See what I'm doing here? I'm not blaming the players like a lot of people would do. I think our offense is fundamentally flawed - from playbook to personnel. If the argument is "the personnel isn't good enough to run anything" then there's a larger issue with the way this offense is constructed and there's really only two people to blame - the coach and the GM.

Injuries happen and we've done little to adjust to them. But let's just keep rolling out the same every week. That'll definitely work.
Because strategy is not the only reason you lose a game.

I don't see strategy as the reason we lost this game.

I just gave you two crucial plays that can be directly (and somewhat quantitively) connected to the loss, but you are blaming some bigger scheme issue. I don't see it in this game, in other games maybe, but not this one.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Because strategy is not the only reason you lose a game.

I don't see strategy as the reason we lost this game.

I just gave you two crucial plays that can be directly (and somewhat quantitively) connected to the loss, but you are blaming some bigger scheme issue. I don't see it in this game, in other games maybe, but not this one.
And I could name a number of plays that were called that made no sense and also directly connected to the loss. But at this point I think it's best we just agree to disagree. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out but I've seen enough of McVay to know that nothing is really going to change. And I truly believe today solidified my belief that this season is lost.

JBRam77

Rookie
Parkinson is just so lumbering and soft. Tall but with minimal athleticism. An average starter at best. I guess he’s a decent blocker. I’m sad that we had to rely on him to sustain our final drive. Poor Stafford. He literally had nobody left to throw to. Whittington went out. There was minimal separation all game by our receivers except for the first drive of the game and second to last drive when GB was playing soft coverage. We need to trade for a WR imo. Can’t be sure Kupp and Puka return to 100% or stay healthy all seaon. Now is a good time to get the new WR acclimated during the bye.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don’t blame McVay. Some of your best players are out including OL injuries.

The defense is sub par but I attribute this to how freaking great AD was and even us arm chair quarterbacks didn’t anticipate that the defense would be a leaky sieve.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't understand why people are blaming the defense. A lot of 3 and outs today, a pick 6, stopped the packers offense from scoring points in the 4th qtr when the Rams really needed them to make stops.

The offense gets an L. Although it's hard to blame them when all their best players are on the sideline.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Not saying I expect the Rams to be undefeated right now. But anyone that has watched the games should know several of them were extremely winnable but the Rams did not close the deal for several reasons many of which were completely non-injury-related. You can win with a depleted roster too.
That's non sense. If we weren't as injured as we were, it could have made a difference. Saying that isn't a factor is funny as hell to me. You have a lot of unproven, inexperienced players that don't exactly know what it takes to pull a comeback win off consistently. Our proven vets such as Kupp or Puka could get open more than say Parkinson or Tutu. If our interior of our line were healthy, we wouldn't have to rely on a rookie fuckin up calls or communication on who to block. Sorry man, but that shit matters. The youngins are missing those proven vets to help lead the way and show em how to grind out tough victories in the NFL.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Honestly, my issues are the same when it comes to the defense: we force plays outside because our inside linebackers are atrocious (lots of missed tackles - and Reeder actually tackled a guy into a first down, no coverage ability whatsoever) and because our secondary is somehow worse (no excuse to let Kraft - a tight end - have a sixty-six-yard touchdown while wide open; no excuse to give up a bomb down at the goalline in triple coverage).

Parkinson was supposed to help us with our tight end woes, but he's obviously not even close to an answer; I feel like we'd actually be better off with Davis Allen starting because Allen, at least, fights for the ball and gets the extra yards you'd expect a tight end to get. Parkinson is a blocking tight end, nothing more, and I'd love to get out of that contract as well as Jonah Jackson's.

Atwell is what he is: too small to fight for the ball, good speed, good route running, but a distant fourth receiver.

Stafford doesn't know who to trust, and I can't say I blame him; only Whittington stepped up when it mattered most, and when he went out, there was nobody.
I'd like to add that our DEs aka outside rushers don't set the fuckin edge properly. There were plenty of times where the Packers just bounced outside with no containment and got chunk runs. Add that to missed tackles and its a recipe for disaster.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

I don't understand why people are blaming the defense. A lot of 3 and outs today, a pick 6, stopped the packers offense from scoring points in the 4th qtr when the Rams really needed them to make stops.

The offense gets an L. Although it's hard to blame them when all their best players are on the sideline.

Because the defense got steam rolled coming out in the 2nd half which led to them needing to not give up anymore points to give us a chance in the 4th quarter. I'll give em credit and they did just that at the end. However, they were horrid in setting the edge multiple times where it could have ended drives sooner by putting the Packers in bigger holes to get a 1st down. The offense definitely shares blame but I agree with you that they need the starters back on the line and yes that includes Jonah Jackson for those out there having buyers remorse. Stafford took a shit ton of hits thanks to shitty blocking and miscommunication at times.