VENT Vent Thread: Packers @ Rams. Locked after 24 Hours.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Found another way to lose a game.
12 points at home against a team that gave up 40 at home to Sam Fing Darnold. I’m glad I stayed away from the game day thread , because it would’ve been ugly.
Defense can’t be trusted , and the offense runs the same plays every week. You can’t trot out 51 , 56 and 97 , and expect to stop anyone. At least Jones would make a play on occasion. These guys are invisible , and getting manhandled. It’s embarrassing
If Stafford has an average game , we can’t win. He’s not going to put up with that very long.
Now we have to chew on this last shit show for 2 weeks. I like McVay , but he’s not a genius. 0-5 against his former employee.
McVay is getting out coached every week.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I'm just stating facts. It's not like coaching gets zero blame.

Tyler Higbee had played 125 out of 131 carer games (95%) until his knee in the playoffs.

At the time of his extensions - Kupp had only missed significant time in one season.

They did not have "notable injury histories" when they re-signed.

Show me the team right now that reinvented itself out of injury on offense that is still winning.
Look no further than the team that beat us today. Among a list of other players, the Packers were without Jordan Love for 3 games and still found a way to win 2 of them. Not only was he out but Josh Jacobs, Jayden Reed, Valentine, Kenny Clark, and others were out for those games.

Isn't it interesting that despite a number of players injured LaFleur was able to get his team prepared to win the games they should have (Colts and Titans) and barely lost to the Vikings with Malik Willis in his first year with them? That's what a good coach does, adjusts the game plan based on opponent and the players he has available.

JBRam77

Rookie
Found another way to lose a game.
12 points at home against a team that gave up 40 at home to Sam Fing Darnold. I’m glad I stayed away from the game day thread , because it would’ve been ugly.
Defense can’t be trusted , and the offense runs the same plays every week. You can’t trot out 51 , 56 and 97 , and expect to stop anyone. At least Jones would make a play on occasion. These guys are invisible , and getting manhandled. It’s embarrassing
If Stafford has an average game , we can’t win. He’s not going to put up with that very long.
Now we have to chew on this last shit show for 2 weeks. I like McVay , but he’s not a genius. 0-5 against his former employee.
you forgot #55

fearsomefour

Legend
McVay not taking the points and instead going for a 4th and goal from the 6 was idiotic.
Doing that is situational and at home in the first quarter makes zero sense. It reeked of a panicked high school coach.

Curl and Dotson have been very disappointing FA signings.

Parkinson has zero separation. He isn't that effective in using his size on contested passes.

This years FA class has largely been disappointing and not very good.

The margins are thin this year, very thin.
Rams could easily be sitting at 2-3 with the Whiners and Cards and still competitive in the division.
I cannot understand not taking the points early in the game.
It was imbecilic.

McVay may well be the dumbest brilliant guy around.

Tackling generally is bad as well.

Yucky ducky bullshit.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Look no further than the team that beat us today. Among a list of other players, the Packers were without Jordan Love for 3 games and still found a way to win 2 of them. Not only was he out but Josh Jacobs, Jayden Reed, Valentine, Kenny Clark, and others were out for those games.
Those guys haven't missed any games this season.

Ellard80

Legend

Isn't it interesting that despite a number of players injured LaFleur was able to get his team prepared to win the games they should have (Colts and Titans) and barely lost to the Vikings with Malik Willis in his first year with them? That's what a good coach does, adjusts the game plan based on opponent and the players he has available.
Jacobs was not out for those games. He ran for 153 yards against the colts.

That probably is the best example you can find out of 31 teams - but the packers could lean on their defense to win games also - and they did. Our defense is way too young to do so.

They gave up 10 and 14 pts in those two wins.

Also the Titans are total shit - So I'll give you that Lafleur won one.

TXRams86

The Infamous
So we're down Kupp, Nacua, Whittington which leaves us with Robinson, Tutu and Johnson. Can't wait to see what the 11 personnel offense looks like with these 3 because we know damn well we aren't going to try a different scheme. Hold on for dear life boys, it's gonna get worse.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fuck. Just when he was getting good.
Probably a slight separation on the ball that was first called a fumble then corrected to a catch. Came down on it hard and left the game.
I am hopeful he won't miss big time.
He certainly is starting to show.....that diving catch on the out route on the sideline was a beauty.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So we're down Kupp, Nacua, Whittington which leaves us with Robinson, Tutu and Johnson. Can't wait to see what the 11 personnel offense looks like with these 3 because we know damn well we aren't going to try a different scheme. Hold on for dear life boys, it's gonna get worse.
Unless we just run the damn rock all game!!!! The KWill & Corum show.

Ellard80

Legend
McVay not taking the points and instead going for a 4th and goal from the 6 was idiotic.
Doing that is situational and at home in the first quarter makes zero sense. It reeked of a panicked high school coach.

Curl and Dotson have been very disappointing FA signings.

Parkinson has zero separation. He isn't that effective in using his size on contested passes.

This years FA class has largely been disappointing and not very good.

The margins are thin this year, very thin.
Rams could easily be sitting at 2-3 with the Whiners and Cards and still competitive in the division.
I cannot understand not taking the points early in the game.
It was imbecilic.

McVay may well be the dumbest brilliant guy around.

Tackling generally is bad as well.

Yucky ducky bullshit.
I didn't understand going for it there either.

However, because of that field position, the packers had to punt and we got the ball at mid field and scored a TD on the next possession.

That honestly wasn't much of factor.

A bigger factor was Stafford taking a sack that knocked us out of FG position - he does that shit way too much.

The Kyren fumble was a killer also.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
I didn't understand going for it there either.

However, because of that field position, the packers had to punt and we got the ball at mid field and scored a TD on the next possession.

That honestly wasn't much of factor.

A bigger factor was Stafford taking a sack that knocked us out of FG position - he does that shit way too much.
Yeah, of course you're right in the sense of not knowing how kicking the FG changes things after that.
A touchback and they have the ball at the 30, so, maybe the Rams don't get that next TD.
Always the "what if" game....
But, the choice was baffling to me.
4th and goal from the one or two where you can run or pass, go heavy or spread, run outside or inside, run an end around, roll the QB out....everything is on the table, that's one thing. 4th and goal from 6 where it going to be a pass where you are down your top two WRs and have a TE that is a marginal receiver really makes no sense to me at all. It seem desperate way too early in the game.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah, of course you're right in the sense of not knowing how kicking the FG changes things after that.
A touchback and they have the ball at the 30, so, maybe the Rams don't get that next TD.
Always the "what if" game....
But, the choice was baffling to me.
4th and goal from the one or two where you can run or pass, go heavy or spread, run outside or inside, run an end around, roll the QB out....everything is on the table, that's one thing. 4th and goal from 6 where it going to be a pass where you are down your top two WRs and have a TE that is a marginal receiver really makes no sense to me at all. It seem desperate way too early in the game.
Nah I agree with you - I thought it was bad call as well, but it kind of worked out in the end because of the field position we ended up getting.

fearsomefour

Legend
Positives....
Bruss is getting better. Long way to go but he was better this week than last.
Corum looked very good. Quick, compact and strong.
Witherspoon and Williams allowed the Rams to move Lake to Safety exclusively and give different looks and blitzes they didn't before.
Verse continues to get pressure and show impact.
Whittington is coming on and had a great diving catch on the sidelines, a lot to like there.
Tutu continued to contribute.
Outside of that, I can't think of much this week.