VENT Vent Thread: Packers @ Rams. Locked after 24 Hours.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
If you can't tell what missing Kupp and Puka means for this offense, let alone multiple starting lineman, it's because you're trying real hard not to.
Yeah. On talent alone they're probably 3-2 at worst if everyone is healthy.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If you can't tell what missing Kupp and Puka means for this offense, let alone multiple starting lineman, it's because you're trying real hard not to.
Not saying I expect the Rams to be undefeated right now. But anyone that has watched the games should know several of them were extremely winnable but the Rams did not close the deal for several reasons many of which were completely non-injury-related. You can win with a depleted roster too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My understanding is our defense got a pick six. Statistically speaking, when that happens and the other team does not get a defensive score you should win the game something like 97% of the time.
Confidence Are You Sure GIF by Digital Pratik

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
My only vent is being lead on. Constantly teased to the point where I feel like we are going to win and then we shiet the bed and all hope goes out the window. I hate it.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Rams lost this game with the second half fumble and INT. Stafford also should have had another INT, so he threw two interceptable balls in the second half. I love Stafford but given the makeup of this current talent around him he has to be sharp the entire game, and safe with the ball above all other considerations. This was a winnable game and we pissed away too many opportunities.

This is where I’m at. What Stafford and McVay are being asked to do on a weekly basis isn’t tenable. If they aren’t perfect, we lose. And it’s one thing to ask for perfection for a drive or a quarter or a half. But to require it for the entirety of the first 5 weeks is a bit much. With the injury situation, it’s arguably one of the most talent deficient rosters in football. I truly believe if we played the first 5 games with Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes instead of McVay and Stafford, we’d still be 1-4.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We ran the ball often today.
Stafford just didn’t seem to be in sync. Too many high passes and missed opportunities.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, my issues are the same when it comes to the defense: we force plays outside because our inside linebackers are atrocious (lots of missed tackles - and Reeder actually tackled a guy into a first down, no coverage ability whatsoever) and because our secondary is somehow worse (no excuse to let Kraft - a tight end - have a sixty-six-yard touchdown while wide open; no excuse to give up a bomb down at the goalline in triple coverage).

Parkinson was supposed to help us with our tight end woes, but he's obviously not even close to an answer; I feel like we'd actually be better off with Davis Allen starting because Allen, at least, fights for the ball and gets the extra yards you'd expect a tight end to get. Parkinson is a blocking tight end, nothing more, and I'd love to get out of that contract as well as Jonah Jackson's.

Atwell is what he is: too small to fight for the ball, good speed, good route running, but a distant fourth receiver.

Stafford doesn't know who to trust, and I can't say I blame him; only Whittington stepped up when it mattered most, and when he went out, there was nobody.

Ellard80

Legend
Not so sure I agree with everyone blaming injuries. Every team has injuries. Especially in the trenches. It's the NFL. Green Bay had two very talented wideouts out today (albeit 1 due to suspension). We should have won at least 1 of the games vs. Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay. Maybe 2. All very winnable but we found a way to lose.
I don't think you will find a team in the nfl will comparable injuries on offense to us.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
24 points, a pick 6, and and an important end of game stop; this defense did enough to win the game.

This offense is just [not good enough] at pass protection.Stafford has barely any rhythm and players are blitzing untouched often. Its ridiculous and needs to be fixed over the bye week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Worst display of open field tackling I've ever seen at any level. Even the pick 6 should have been a safety. Why didn't Byron Young wrap him up?

Man I miss Aaron Donald.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
... Kansas City has just as many significant skill position injuries, with Kelce a shell of his old self, and is 4-0.
I'm not sold on KC's injuries being as significant as ours. It's about a lot more than just skill position injuries.

The injuries to our OL are the biggest factors to our losses IMO. We should have had a plus OL, in both run and pass protection, with Avila and Jackson. Limmer and Bruss are doing ok and the makeshift Ol is decent in run blocking. But they are still subpar in pass protection. That's as significant as the loss of Kupp and Nacua.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Not much to vent about, trial by fire for rooks and youngsters.
We don’t have the horses as it stands to win consistently.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just looked it up. Parkinson is on a 3 year deal. Good grief.

I don't think I've seen him break a tackle or make a player miss this season, or move a defender backwards with the ball in his hands. He is the ultimate jag.

Tucker on the other hand, now that's a te.