VENT Vent Thread: Packers @ Rams. Locked after 24 Hours.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if this team has a 3-2 record if healthy. I blame everyone else but me.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams lost this game with the second half fumble and INT. Stafford also should have had another INT, so he threw two interceptable balls in the second half. I love Stafford but given the makeup of this current talent around him he has to be sharp the entire game, and safe with the ball above all other considerations. This was a winnable game and we pissed away too many opportunities.

All that aside I do think the JAG count with this team is simply too high. We are depending on too many subpar players. Great as McVay is, even he cannot overcome that.

Offensive JAGs: every healthy WR and TE, and Bruss. And though I salute Limmer for playing reasonably well as a rook pivot I am sure some of these comms fuckups are on him. QB1 can only do so much with this.

Defensive JAGs: Both our "starting" ILBs, and damn near every DB not named Williams. And Williams btw did not play well. He was very fortunate that ball late was underthrown or he would have given up a game ending TD. On top of that add a young and undisciplined front and you have a steaming pile of shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Love the optimism. But I just can't drink that kool aid. Offense might get better when guys return from IR. But none of that helps the defense. We have a bad defense. I do think the talent is there to be a good one over the next few years. I just hope I live long enough to enjoy it. Meanwhile, maybe the consolation is another Dodger win tonight.
Even a fairly high scoring offense can really limit an opposing offense and allow for the defense to game plan better. Scoring on a couple of those drives while taking the same amount of time or better, and this game is ours. Same with the Bears. We get healthy, we start winning. The rest will play out as it will. We're what? 2 games out with a tie breaker against the Whiners?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The only other teams to have just 1 win this year?

Patriots. Browns. Bengals. Titans. Panthers.

Look at that list of crap franchises (yes, Patriots are crap post Brady + Bill).

Other than the Bengals, look at that list. Injuries are a bad excuse. This game was winnable. Chicago was winnable. Detroit was winnable. We are finding ways to lose. This is not a good football team, and although I like McVay, he is part of the problem so far this season. How many points has he left on the table with his bizarre division making and clock management? It's been a disaster all around so far. Kansas City has just as many significant skill position injuries, with Kelce a shell of his old self, and is 4-0.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rams lost this game with the second half fumble and INT. Stafford also should have had another INT, so he threw two interceptable balls in the second half. I love Stafford but given the makeup of this current talent around him he has to be sharp the entire game, and safe with the ball above all other considerations. This was a winnable game and we pissed away too many opportunities.

All that aside I do think the JAG count with this team is simply too high. We are depending on too many subpar players. Great as McVay is, even he cannot overcome that.

Offensive JAGs: every healthy WR and TE, and Bruss. And though I salute Limmer for playing reasonably well as a rook pivot I am sure some of these comms fuckups are on him. QB1 can only do so much with this.

Defensive JAGs: Both our "starting" ILBs, and damn near every DB not named Williams. And Williams btw did not play well. He was very fortunate that ball late was underthrown or he would have given up a game ending TD. On top of that add a young and undisciplined front and you have a steaming pile of shit.
Agree on everything other than the bolded: Whittington, I feel, is not "just a guy". Could he be upgraded? Absolutely, but he's not the problem, and he's gotten better with each game.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck the refs.
I cannot recall a game with worse spotting of the ball. Consistently. They fucked up the ball spot the entire game. The judge (female) was late running to the spot quite often as well post-play. I get breaking barriers and all that but holy fuck this crew needs to be blown up. With crews like this you are basically putting more on NY to run them. Is that really the model they want.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The Rams need to get healthy but it probably won't be in time to save this season. Still, I'm not throwing in the towel on watching some great Rams wins between here and the end of the season. And then I will look forward to next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cannot recall a game with worse spotting of the ball. Consistently. They fucked up the ball spot the entire game. The judge (female) was late running to the spot quite often as well post-play. I get breaking barriers and all that but holy fuck this crew needs to be blown up. With crews like this you are basically putting more on NY to run them. Is that really the model they want.
100%

And what a bullshit rule of a 10 second runoff, when they correct a missed call

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The Rams' offense is missing five blue-chip players which is very hard to overcome and it is a legitimate excuse-- No Puka -- Cooper Kupp -- Higbee --Steve Avila-- Jonah Jackson.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not so sure I agree with everyone blaming injuries. Every team has injuries. Especially in the trenches. It's the NFL. Green Bay had two very talented wideouts out today (albeit 1 due to suspension). We should have won at least 1 of the games vs. Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay. Maybe 2. All very winnable but we found a way to lose.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
My understanding is our defense got a pick six. Statistically speaking, when that happens and the other team does not get a defensive score you should win the game something like 97% of the time.

Ram65

Legend
There are too many mistakes for a team with injuries and some below-average starters.

The Rams still managed to have chances to win.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I know its bad that we are 1-4, but we are beat the fuck up and missing some key pieces big time. Look at the standings. Lots of teams within distance in the NFC. We get Kupp back after the bye and if we can pull off a win after the bye, we'll be closer to full strength hopefully after that. Puka is expected back anywhere from week 7-9, and Jonah Jackson is supposed to be back for about week 8. This team needs to do some soul searching during the bye, come out hungry, and cut out the bullshit mental mistakes like not containing the edge and not letting free rushers get to Stafford right up the middle. We are still alive. Tough loss but we didn't get blown out considering all the mistakes this young team made.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My vent? Brad Allen and the whole reffing crew can go 69 a crocodile. I never want to see that motherfucker ref a Rams game again, because it was blatantly favoring Green Bay. One pass interference call, no defensive holding, all bullshit.
Yep.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a positive note I chose the Shitters for my final week of Survivor. You can thank me for their loss today.

1728258940242.jpeg

JBRam77

Rookie
Why is the media riding the Packers nuts ???? everyone saying they are favorites from the NFC.. they look pretty bad as well. I don’t get the Packers bias

tempests

Hall of Fame
Not so sure I agree with everyone blaming injuries. Every team has injuries. Especially in the trenches. It's the NFL. Green Bay had two very talented wideouts out today (albeit 1 due to suspension). We should have won at least 1 of the games vs. Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay. Maybe 2. All very winnable but we found a way to lose.
If you can't tell what missing Kupp and Puka means for this offense, let alone multiple starting lineman, it's because you're trying real hard not to.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Despite our injuries we have been competitive in all games bar the Cardinals game. Hopefully we get some quality players back after the bye. Work to do, but we as Rams fans have seen far worse times than this.