UPDATE: Rams claim Baker Mayfield

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The best move the Rams have made this season. Not that I think Mayfield is the answer, I just feel he is closer to the answer than Wolford or Perkins. At worst we find a legit QB2 for next season or get a comp pick. McVay has expressed interest in Mayfield before, so why not kick the tires?

Psycho_X

Legend
At least the rest of the season won't be boring. Whether it'll be fun to watch is to be seen but won't be boring lol. I'm assuming there's no way he plays on Thursday Night Football on one day prep. So still have to deal with Wolf/Perkins this week but this is a really nice in season pickup.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Tyler can suck an egg.

A QB on his 3rd team 4 years? Yeeesh, and I liked Baker.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
michael-scott-yuk.gif

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How soon is he going to be ready to play? There has to be a learning curve to grasping the verbiage and plays.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I like this. Wolford and Perkins are AWFUL. Mayfield hasn't looked good lately but neither have the coaches or organizations he's been around. See what he's got, if he plays well, then we have Staffords new backup for the future.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If nothing else maybe he brings a little energy and spark to a crappy season. He’s definitely better than what we have. Don’t think we have anything to lose at this point.

Tano

Legend
At least the rest of the season won't be boring. Whether it'll be fun to watch is to be seen but won't be boring lol. I'm assuming there's no way he plays on Thursday Night Football on one day prep. So still have to deal with Wolf/Perkins this week but this is a really nice in season pickup.
Just throw him to the wolves - couldn't be worse than what Wolford and Perkins has showed so far

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, it's definitely an upgrade over Perkins and the Wolfman. But more importantly, it keeps the 49ers from grabbing a veteran QB so now they have to continue with 3rd stringer Purdy Mouth, who isn't going to get them to the SB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m all for this. Better chance to evaluate talent and chance for a comp pick as well as insurance for a Stafford retirement

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It better not be. Imagining him as a long term solution makes me want to puke.
I think at best he could be a decent stop gap QB in between an unexpected Stafford retirement and the development of a young QB.

Now that stop gap might be one season or so since I don't think he will be into mentoring a young QB, but if McVay can straiten out some bad habits and get him into a more settled environment, he could have the Rams being very competitive for a yr or so.

Remember for whatever reason, obviously partially his fault, Cleveland was a mess and Carolina was a complete shitshow that he walked into. Who knows what this new environment might do for him?

BTW, does he qualify for comp picks if he walks or is there a minimum time for weeks on the roster that he has to be here to qualify?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Anybody else feel like this is could be a contingency of a possible Stafford retirement ?
Hate to even think about Matty retiring but gotta admit that it's in the realm of possibility and hopefully Mr. Mayfield can have a role to play if it comes to that.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mayfield to Chatarius (I may think that he's playing up to his draft slot right now, but I will never call him "Tutu") Atwell.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Just as a person I strongly disliked BM coming out of college. Arrogant jerk.

Then he grew on me with his commercials in Cleveland.

As a player he is automatically our #1 right now.

GO RAMS!!!