UPDATE: Rams claim Baker Mayfield

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just throw him to the wolves - couldn't be worse than what Wolford and Perkins has showed so far
True, the complete chaos of such a move would be entertaining in of itself at least. I'd rather see random, crazy playground football then Wolford scrambling out of the pocket only to have him wind up the biggest effort throw he's ever made with a huge grunt of exertion and watch it travel 20 yards to a Raider.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well, it's definitely an upgrade over Perkins and the Wolfman. But more importantly, it keeps the 49ers from grabbing a veteran QB so now they have to continue with 3rd stringer Purdy Mouth, who isn't going to get them to the SB.
Exactly the number 1 reason I like this move.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hell, its an upgrade and a potential fill in for Stafford next year (while still being able to tank for Caleb lol). And if he leave, comp pick. Win Win with no real downside. Bye bye Wolfy

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Welp....theres definitely nobody available, that's better at the moment.

Ill take him all day, over Wolford and Perkins.

Hats off to Snead, for at least trying to put a watchable team on the field.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Just as a person I strongly disliked BM coming out of college. Arrogant jerk.

Then he grew on me with his commercials in Cleveland.

As a player he is automatically our #1 right now.

GO RAMS!!!
I fully acknowledge that this next comment is based upon my sometimes overly optimistic attitude when it comes to the Rams, but...

I remember feeling the same thing about Alex Smith when he first came out. Then, the league humbled him a bit and, before his injury, he had developed into a pretty effective starting QB.

Mayfield had to overcome adversity in college. Then he got a bit of a swelled head. Could he be ready for another rebirth?

Heck... McVay did wonders for Goff.

(Of course, I hope that Mayfield's 2023 assignment is clipboard holder for Stafford, but you never know what the future may hold).

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I hope their fanbase is gnashing their teeth and cussing the Rams right now. Anything that helps ruin the 49ers season is a good thing. Because fuck them.
The sad part is their fan base is in the denial stage so they'll claim they are better off with a 7th rd rookie QB. Deep down inside though, I know they aren't too happy either.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Should be interesting to see if he sticks around past this season. The money seemed right, keeping him out of frisco is a no brainer and there is no doubt he has or had more talent than either Wolford or Perkins.

Do either of them get cut to make room on the roster?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
cat face GIF

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So we all thought the late season addition would be OBJ and instead it's Baker... Imagine someone telling us that back in September.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Welp....theres definitely nobody available, that's better at the moment.

Ill take him all day, over Wolford and Perkins.

Hats off to Snead, for at least trying to put a watchable team on the field.
We're desperate and Mayfield is available. But sometimes adversity brings out the best in people, and Mayfield and the Rams have plenty of it to work with at the moment.

It's a chance for Baker to show he can still play and maybe win an ongoing role on this team. And it's a chance for McVay to show what he can do as a coach with a new QB under what have thus far been extreme circumstances.

And at least the Niners don't get to conduct this experiment.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
All the above with everyones opinions on this move.

No apparent down side.

Who doesn't love the potential here?