UDFA Tracker 2022

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if Stafford goes down for any length of time, we're done. Coan, Strong, or the Wolf, makes no difference..
train
I don’t disagree, I just think competition makes players stronger and better.
If Wolford has to play at some point, I just want him to be the best he can be and let the chips fall where they may

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This one is interesting. He was a career place kicker pretty much up until last year, latter part 2020, and started punting regularly. Did both punting and PK, which is probably the reason Dicker the Kicker fits.

I assume they are thinking punter.

Loved Dicker as a Freshman had some huge kicks for Texas over the years, although with the constant changes in Austin, it limited growth & exposure. Had his first chance to punt this year and was very good. Overall, I don't think Dicker will have a chance to unseat Dixon, but if he does, it nice to know he can kick FG's too, although Dixon did place kicking at Syracuse too.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Yeah, I like the kid too, he's big at 6-7, now I believe they will develop him on the practice squad, as I think Roger Carter will play the FB/TE H-back the Rams have not had, but IMO, there is much to like about Pettigrew and his blocking could be his greatest asset.
That's way too big for a fullback! How can you have a 6'7" fullback!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Its a pretty unimpressive UDFA class as a whole but, I'm somewhat surprised guys like Jobe, C.Allen, Strong, Ross, Smoke Monday, and Lindstrom were undrafted. I'd have taken Jobe with one of those 7th is we were intent on grabbing yet another guy in the secondary. Definitely would have taken a flyer on Strong in the last round. I'm almost positive he could beat out Wolford and have an arm for the future.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shocked that Verone McKinley went undrafted. I like Lake and Yeast, but McKinley is a solid safety with slot potential.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I like the kid too, he's big at 6-7, now I believe they will develop him on the practice squad, as I think Roger Carter will play the FB/TE H-back the Rams have not had, but IMO, there is much to like about Pettigrew and his blocking could be his greatest asset.
Feed that kid some pizza and throw him in the weight room.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Its a pretty unimpressive UDFA class as a whole but, I'm somewhat surprised guys like Jobe, C.Allen, Strong, Ross, Smoke Monday, and Lindstrom were undrafted. I'd have taken Jobe with one of those 7th is we were intent on grabbing yet another guy in the secondary. Definitely would have taken a flyer on Strong in the last round. I'm almost positive he could beat out Wolford and have an arm for the future.
I always think small school guys, who get overlooked, have a better shot... Like Morgan Fox, Hoecht, . The power 5 guys have been evaluated fully and while they played against top competition, if they still have question marks then they likely will not make it.

However, small school guys get overlooked because of the level of competition. So even guys that dominate that level might go undrafted, and sure many can't take the next step, but others can do very well. So I would rather take shots with guys like that with a long shot chance of hitting a homerun.

BTW the DL from Rice looks interesting as well.

Elijah Garcia. 6-5" 295

View: https://youtu.be/01JbjgB8gNU

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I always think small school guys, who get overlooked, have a better shot... Like Morgan Fox, Hoecht, . The power 5 guys have been evaluated fully and while they played against top competition, if they still have question marks then they likely will not make it.

However, small school guys get overlooked because of the level of competition. So even guys that dominate that level might go undrafted, and sure many can't take the next step, but others can do very well. So I would rather take shots with guys like that with a long shot chance of hitting a homerun.

BTW the DL from Rice looks interesting as well.

That's an interesting philosophy as I have never looked at it that way. You could look at the bigger schools and being buried on the depth chart too, but I applaud your viewpoint and endorse that there some merit to it.

We will all have our favorites when it comes to UDRFA and I'm a huge fan of Rice players because of their academic commitment plus I've been to several Rice games over the years when we visit Texas. Interesting the Rams to this point have not signed one UDRFA WR as I know they had several on the squad last year so maybe they feel they are good there.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So if you're rushing on special teams and manage to get a piece of Dicker's punt, does that mean you're a C-O-C-K blocker?
If the defensive player over dives to block the punt and gets hit in his peanuts, do we say Dicker busted his nut? Hahaha

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This one is interesting. He was a career place kicker pretty much up until last year, latter part 2020, and started punting regularly. Did both punting and PK, which is probably the reason Dicker the Kicker fits.

I assume they are thinking punter.

This was confusing to me. Ton of video of him kicking field goals but nothing about punts on my quick search.

I guess we are just assuming he is the punter since we have none on the team right now?

Not very clear to me.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This was confusing to me. Ton of video of him kicking field goals but nothing about punts on my quick search.

I guess we are just assuming he is the punter since we have none on the team right now?

Not very clear to me.

They signed veteran-punter Riley Dixon a couple weeks ago.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Not very clear to me.
This was the first year he punted and Dicker was quite successful as he averaged 46.8 yards per punt.

While Dicker is one of the most accomplished kickers to ever set foot on the Forty Acres, what he did as a punter helped amplify his NFL value. As the full-time punter in 2021, Dicker’s average of 46.8 yards per punt ranks No. 3 on the school’s single-season charts.

“I'm a kicker that punts,” Dicker said. “I'm happy to do both, or either/or, but I would right now I'd say I've been kicking my whole life. It's kind of the thing that I've done most and then punting I've been able to do at a high level this last year. I'm excited to see if that goes anywhere.”

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
People have been trying to trade Rapp and Long for months now maybe it happens.

Long received some high praise from McVay in a recent presser. Of course, you never know when that turns out to be the kiss of death.