Top Secret Gurley Knee Info Revealed Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GMFB....They hear Sean McVay talking and they twist his words into something negative. "I know he's ready to go & it's goingto be fun for the Rams this year." He said this on Jimmy Kimmel last night, but the GMFB crew thinks he's being purposefully vague. IE, he's craftily saying the Rams offense is going to be different and less than, because Gurley will be playing only 19 snaps a game.

Did McVay say any of that? They will spin and question Gurley and the Rams because that's the storyline that they like.

Ram65

Legend
Thought I would drop in for the latest TG III news. It is whatever it is or isn't. No changes I see.

Malcolm Brown looked good in the Rams highlights. I can see Rams giving TG III a little more rest with Brown and Henderson available. Best to keep Gurley healthy for the playoff run and playoffs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Personally I think it was just fatigue from the long season. 19 games takes a toll on the body. Also, he wasn’t limping or getting up in pain on the field. He literally played awful vs the Saints and then the Pats just shut us down.

Does this look like a guy who’s playing on a gimp knee?

View: https://youtu.be/v5s9lkX6Ceg

Cmon man. That’s vintage Gurley. He played like shit most of the game and he will even tell you himself.

View: https://youtu.be/LHbEdAy-Zi8

This run was a week before that Saints game. What exactly could have changed in a fucking week? Nothing.

This is a non story. I have arthritis in my back and do everything completely the same as I used to. It just hurts sometimes and I have to sit down if I’m really active. But I’m also not a world class athlete. I’ve heard people say he’s done. Like he will never be the same again. Just shut the fuck up and watch him run for 130 total yards and two touchdowns week one.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Personally I think it was just fatigue from the long season. 19 games takes a toll on the body. Also, he wasn’t limping or getting up in pain on the field. He literally played awful vs the Saints and then the Pats just shut us down.

Cmon man. That’s vintage Gurley. He played like crap most of the game and he will even tell you himself.

This run was a week before that Saints game. What exactly could have changed in a freaking week? Nothing.

This is a non story. I have arthritis in my back and do everything completely the same as I used to. It just hurts sometimes and I have to sit down if I’m really active. But I’m also not a world class athlete. I’ve heard people say he’s done. Like he will never be the same again. Just shut the freak up and watch him run for 130 total yards and two touchdowns week one.

I've been watching Gurley for a LONG time now and I can tell when he's not 100%. I could tell when his ankle was bothering him in 2013 and I could tell when he was banged up against Auburn in 2014. He was hurt at the end of last season, of that I have zero doubts. His cuts weren't as crisp, he didn't break as many tackles, and his explosiveness wasn't nearly as profound as normal. The only question now is the nature and length of his injury. And that's only going to be answered when the season starts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sean McVay on Todd Gurley: He is ‘feeling really good’
August 11, 2019
by Larry Brown

The Los Angeles Rams have been playing things cautiously with Todd Gurley as they progress through training camp, and head coach Sean McVay sounds optimistic about the running back.

McVay says Gurley is “feeling really good” and looking like the elite player he is, according to a quote shared by ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Sunday.

Gurley will not be playing in preseason games and has been receiving limited reps in camp.

Gurley has made the Pro Bowl and led the NFL in rushing touchdowns the last two seasons. However, he wasn’t much of a factor in the NFC Championship Game and hardly did anything in the Super Bowl. There was persistent chatter about a potential knee issue, which was later confirmed by Gurley’s trainer.

McVay said as far back as April that the Rams would manage Gurley’s workload this season. They have stuck to that promise so far. Malcolm Brown and Darrell Henderson may see action behind Gurley this season.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ley_he_is_feeling_really_good/s1_127_29724749

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Cmon man. That’s vintage Gurley. He played like crap most of the game and he will even tell you himself.

This run was a week before that Saints game. What exactly could have changed in a freaking week? Nothing.

This is a non story. I have arthritis in my back and do everything completely the same as I used to. It just hurts sometimes and I have to sit down if I’m really active. But I’m also not a world class athlete. I’ve heard people say he’s done. Like he will never be the same again. Just shut the freak up and watch him run for 130 total yards and two touchdowns week one.

I can only go on what Mcvay(Rams) have released.I’m still mad though Mcvay’s system allowed Gurley back in the Philly game.He was never truly the same after that.

I do wish one call in the Super Bowl was not called. That was the 4th qrt.
Todd Gurley 13 run on Sullivan’s hold.That changed the course of the game & stopped any flow The Rams would have had with Gurley. I think that would have been the true test & we would have seen a different set of play-calling .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've been watching Gurley for a LONG time now and I can tell when he's not 100%. I could tell when his ankle was bothering him in 2013 and I could tell when he was banged up against Auburn in 2014. He was hurt at the end of last season, of that I have zero doubts. His cuts weren't as crisp, he didn't break as many tackles, and his explosiveness wasn't nearly as profound as normal. The only question now is the nature and length of his injury. And that's only going to be answered when the season starts.

The truth is with Gurley is he signed a huge contract for a work horse RB. Todd Gurley will never be that same RB through another season with The Rams, unless you count the playoffs as a new season.Even then it maybe a game by game basis.
Dallas is using Gurley’s contract against Elliot. Will hear about that this week from Hawaii.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I can only go on what Mcvay(Rams) have released.I’m still mad though Mcvay’s system allowed Gurley back in the Philly game.He was never truly the same after that.

I do wish one call in the Super Bowl was not called. That was the 4th qrt.
Todd Gurley 13 run on Sullivan’s hold.That changed the course of the game & stopped any flow The Rams would have had with Gurley. I think that would have been the true test & we would have seen a different set of play-calling .
That run puts the Rams in easy FG range, which IIRC would have tied the game at worst. It also brings a first down in NE territory and may have led to a TD and the lead.

The penalty put the Rams out of range and cost them dearly.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And you know this how?

Well what exactly are you questioning??

Well will see what his fantasy numbers are ?? My point is The Rams won’t let him be a total bell cow back. His carriers should be limited. I guess will see soon, since nun of the backs really got to many carries.Brown will play a bigger role ?? The Rams selected him over Anderson who ironically went to Detroit .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's still only words at this point but it's something

This sort of makes my point of reduction for Todd Gurley, I’m not looking at the negative of it. What I know about Gurley vs years past is he is not getting the Reps in camp that he got before.
Todd Gurley used to push himself more as well by staying extra after practice. He would run routes with the QB’s or coaches. Plus work a lot on the ball machine.

I think Henderson will take a lot more 3rd down reps in games, so Gurleys receiving yards should go down as well as his snaps.

How his knee holds up is another story as well. I’m amazed how well of a career he has had. Never thought that watching then injury at Georgia. Was worried because the RB from South Karolina, did not have much of a pro career. He also took an extra hit during his college career, meaning that was his second knee injury as well.

This is just my opinion & think Mcvay is the type of coach who will cater to his players. He learned a lesson as a head coach from putting girly back into the game as well. Gurley was a bell cow running back who wanted the ball and didn’t want to miss a snap. Whether that’s the truth or not his health is key To the Rams continued success. His contract speaks for it self and what Todd Gurley means to the Rams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I've had arthritis in my back for a lot of years after I injured it in my late 20's. It didn't stop me from doing things I like to do. If it hurts too much I just back off a little from what I'm doing. Or take a break.

I pitched fast pitch softball in tournaments and leagues for 30 years. The only reason I hung up the cleats 6 years ago was because the men's game declined so much the only way to keep playing was to travel out of town for weekend tournaments. It was too hard to keep it up with other obligations. Otherwise, I'd still be playing with my arthritic back. I walk 18 holes on a golf course once a week. It hurts, but not to the point where I can't do it.

I have a feeling Gurley's going to be just fine. He might have his days where its hurting more, but I'll bet he can play another 5 years or more.

dang

Legend
Now pay close attention to his wording. He said play count not carry/touch count.
If he’s in the game he needs to be accounted for. while he may only touch the ball 80% of what he did last year the threat of Gurley will be a very effective weapon.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
The months-long mystery will be revealed in a few days.
Gurley back to his old self.
125 yards, 2TD's.

Can't wait.