Top Secret Gurley Knee Info Revealed Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Gurley is still the man, but McVay will change, a bit, the way the RB is used
train
ps i see Gurley running with the ball 10-12 times a game, same with Henderson, both when playing will be used as a more as a receiver than in seasons past

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Gotta agree I believe Gurley is gonna be just fine, expect his workload to decrease by around 40% or so, Malcom Brown is going to fill in just fine

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think much of the shrinkage in his carries will be covered up by using a change of pace back and more short yardage throws to the tight ends. That will also allow more variety in the offense, making it even tougher to stop the Rams after offensive shortcomings were exposed in the Super Bowl.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Man, wish we had more info on the condition of his knee. I have a lot of questions. Will it likely get better, worse, or stay the same? How easy is is it to reagravate? Man, talking this much about knees reminds me of players like Keenan Allen and Danario Alexander. Knees are almost a case by case basis. I mean look at Frank Gore.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think its smart not to use him as much as they have. For a young guy he's got a lot of miles on him. They need to ensure he's got enough tread on those tires for the long run. Not having a bell cow running back isn't a bad thing. If you have another back or two that can pick up the slack your offense will be that much harder to defend. And its not like the end for Gurley. He's going to be the number one guy. Just not as heavily used as before.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Weeeeeeeeeeeee..!!!!! :p

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley is special and this year he’s gonna put these so called experts to shame. We should be happy that’s it’s getting a lot of attention cause I bet Gurley has every article by every author posted up somewhere as extra motivation.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The only point that really needs to be made anymore is this is all conjecture and hyperbole by a huge and ever expanding number of talking heads and writers and media personalities that need to get attention to stay employed.

Consider, in a season when he was "supposedly injured all year" he;

Had his highest average per carry as a pro. (4.9 ypc.)

Was a first team All-Pro.

Was only 49 yards short of his career high in yardage despite playing one less game.

Bested his rushing touchdown total by 5!

If that's the kind of season he has when he is, "injured"?

I'm not sweating it.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
The only point that really needs to be made anymore is this is all conjecture and hyperbole by a huge and ever expanding number of talking heads and writers and media personalities that need to get attention to stay employed.

Consider, in a season when he was "supposedly injured all year" he;

Had his highest average per carry as a pro. (4.9 ypc.)

Was a first team All-Pro.

Was only 49 yards short of his career high in yardage despite playing one less game.

Bested his rushing touchdown total by 5!

If that's the kind of season he has when he is, "injured"?

I'm not sweating it.
Look at his stats AFTER he was injured. It ain't pretty.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Look at his stats AFTER he was injured. It ain't pretty.
Supposedly he was injured in game 1 according to Maurice Jones-Drew.

You know exactly when he was supposedly injured?

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Supposedly he was injured in game 1 according to Maurice Jones-Drew.

You know exactly when he was supposedly injured?
He was injured week 1 and it showed in week 2. But not from week 3 through 15 when he was injured against the Eagles. Sat out the next two games. Nearly a month later teamed with C.J. Anderson against a Dallas defense that gave the Rams offense a tell that both Gurley and Anderson used to great effect. That was essentially it for Gurley as his stats for the conference and Super Bowl championship games show.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm really not worried. Whatever it was with Gurley, it looks like they're addressing it now to ensure it doesn't become a problem later. The training is geared to managing it. It sounds like Gurley isn't the only one they're doing that with. Maybe its something they should be doing more of in the future. Maybe it will help keep guys fresh for the whole season.