Tom Brady suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will Tom Brady be suspended?

• 2 games

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 4 games

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • 6 games

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 8 games

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • The whole season

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Who are you kidding? He won't be suspended at all

Votes: 47 32.9%

• Total voters

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

It's a really bad word in Arabic, but you're using the wrong font...

/shrug. Happens to the best of us.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is a poor strategy and badly chosen words and tone by his lawyer. Brady will just get in deeper if they keep making statements attacking the report. Brady's problem is that there is nothing good he can say. His best move is to vaguely accept general responsibilty but no wrongdoing and try to move on. Also his partners in crime now have the opportunity to make a lot of money by throwing him under the bus.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Darken that theater for a year. Shut them down and it'll stop.

That will fix the problems. Forever.

Alan

Legend
FarNorth with this:
Also his partners in crime now have the opportunity to make a lot of money by throwing him under the bus.
Hi Far! I haven't talked to you before but I have to ask, just how far north is that?

I'm not so sure about this part. Who's going to pay them big money? How long would that money last them? If they do throw him under the bus what would that do to their chances of further employment somewhere else without changing their names? I think I'd be lying very low. But that could just be me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ahahhahhahahahahahh, well at least I see a penalty...taping our practices b4 the super bowl...what was the exact punishment for that?

rams2050

Starter
Zombie Slayer wrote. . .
"caught cheating this many times within such a relatively short amount of time?"

Yes, but the operative word in the above is the word 'caught.'

How many times have they NOT been caught?

The things that they are doing, according to folks like Bryan O'Leary of "Spygate' fame, are so devious that either no one is smart enough to figure out a way to catch them or they simply have neither the will nor the balls to try.

My money is on the latter. . .

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm genuinely surprised the NFL actually punished them severely. They made it seem like they'd do their best to sweep it under the rug with Spygate.
They have to quell the public. They know they have a PR problem on their hands, and that the integrity of the game is at stake, and therefore TV & Merchandise revenues. Ultimately, they have to protect their wallets... that's all this is about.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Hi Far! I haven't talked to you before but I have to ask, just how far north is that?

I'm not so sure about this part. Who's going to pay them big money? How long would that money last them? If they do throw him under the bus what would that do to their chances of further employment somewhere else without changing their names? I think I'd be lying very low. But that could just be me.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Thanks for asking! Far North is Alaska, although I live in Anchorage which is subtropical compared with the North Slope where the sun goes down in November and comes up in February.

Not sure what the suspended employees might do, or how much the media might offer them to spill all the beans, but if I were Brady I would be concerned about that possibility. I think Brady is in a tough spot. What can he say? A categorical denial isn't credible, doubles down on a losing hand. Blaming the ball boys invites them to blame him. And will the media continue to give him a pass, or will they hound him about specifics? (Such as his cell phone or the full story of his interaction with his equipment cohorts.) This could easily get much worse for him if he and his team can't manage their public response.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Seems like a fair punishment, my only issue is why nothing for Cheater Bill? If Payton got a year for bountygate then Bill should of gotten something too.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that it seemed like Bill was getting off easy and now he did. After Spygate he should of had a punishment also. It's not like Bill is a first offender

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks for asking! Far North is Alaska, although I live in Anchorage which is subtropical compared with the North Slope where the sun goes down in November and comes up in February.

Not sure what the suspended employees might do, or how much the media might offer them to spill all the beans, but if I were Brady I would be concerned about that possibility. I think Brady is in a tough spot. What can he say? A categorical denial isn't credible, doubles down on a losing hand. Blaming the ball boys invites them to blame him. And will the media continue to give him a pass, or will they hound him about specifics? (Such as his cell phone or the full story of his interaction with his equipment cohorts.) This could easily get much worse for him if he and his team can't manage their public response.

I had similar thoughts when I read the statement from his Lawyer.

Could this get worse for Tom if he fights it?

His lawyer took swipes at the league. That can't go over well with Goodell and the owners.

Here's hoping Tom is kicking a bees nest! It wouldn't hurt my feeling to see this move blow up in his face!

PS: Good to hear from you, FarNorth. We didn't know you had internet up there :sneaky:

Alan

Legend
FarNorth talking to us from Cicely, Alaska:

We're glad you decided to stick your toes into the ROD's guppy infested waters. Have you introduced yourself here?

Re: Introduce Yourself

Well, we wouldn't want Mr. Brady to lose any sleep so let's hope this doesn't blow up in his face
like CGI is hoping will happen (he lives in Canada, nuff said).

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...belichick-receive-punishment-for-deflategate/
Why didn’t Belichick receive punishment for #DeflateGate?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2015, 11:12 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu1ndbkmzg1otfjnzg2ntewy2e1zdm0yjkznmrmmwyy.jpeg
AP
Setting aside for these purposes important questions regarding the quality of the Ted Wells investigation and the core question of whether sufficient evidence exists to conclude that the Patriots tampered with football air pressure, the decision of the NFL to punish quarterback Tom Brady and the franchise but not coach Bill Belichick seems a bit unusual, for multiple reasons.

First, Belichick has a reputation for knowing everything. The organizations oozes discipline. And Belichick prides himself on military-style secrecy and control. If he truly didn’t know, it’s safe to say he’s livid about that.

Second, Saints coach Asshole Face lost an entire season despite not knowing what former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was doing regarding bounties. Ignorance is no excuse, the league declared at the time.

More specifically, the letter from Commissioner Goodell suspending Payton explained that his denials of knowledge “are inconsistent with the contractual responsibility to supervise and direct the coaches and players, and with the obligations imposed on you by the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.” Goodell also said “t was your obligation to know of such a program and to stop if once you did know.”

So if Payton had an obligation to know of a program run exclusively by Gregg Williams to pay players small amounts of cash for clean, legal hits that knocked players out of games, why didn’t Belichick have an obligation to know of an scheme run by Brady to provide signed memorabilia to the man who would ensure that footballs deemed perfect at 12.5 PSI would be made even more perfect with the quick insertion of a needle?

Goodell’s decision to tiptoe around Belichick lends credence to one of the popular rumors/urban legends surrounding the NFL’s curious decision to hastily destroy the SpyGate evidence surrendered by Belichick in 2007. As the rumor/urban legend goes, the Spygate-related information given to the NFL consisted of evidence of cheating not only by the Patriots but also by multiple other teams, in multiple other ways. As the folklore also goes, Belichick vowed to go public with chapter-and-verse detail about cheating throughout the league if the league were to mess with the Patriots again.

While the NFL has once again messed with the Patriots, the NFL specifically didn’t mess with Belichick, even though the statements made to Payton in 2012 would seem to suggest that Belichick shouldn’t be completely exonerated.

It’s also possible Belichick truly didn’t know. Brady, after all, wouldn’t want to brag about his perceived inability to throw footballs filled to the required amount. He definitely wouldn’t want to broadcast that to Belichick, the man who eventually will decide that Brady’s inevitably declining physical skills no longer allow him to continue to be the team’s quarterback.

Permalink 72 Comments Latest St

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Belechick didnt get punished? Says who? Losing a 1st round draft pick sure seems like punishment to me, especially since he was cleared of wrong doing a long time ago.

Limey

Rookie
Can they extend his ban when considering his appeal? It has happened in English soccer.Would be great if they upped it to 6 or 8 for a frivolous appeal.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
What I don't get is the purpose of the cash fine, is Robert Kraft really going to care about paying $1m when he pays $150 per year on player salaries? Why not fine the team's salary cap instead?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The more I hear about this on the NFL network the more I like it. I'm giddy with delight. It's almost as good as winning a SB.
The icing on the cake is the Pat fans and their myopic view that tries to rationalize the cheating as a vendetta against Brady.

This is just great!!!! Let the butthurt flow.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The more I think about this... the more confusing it becomes.

The NFL contradicts itself big time. The report goes completely out of it's way to make sure that Kraft, his cheating organization, and BellyFat are totally cleared of ANY wrongdoing. So.... the NFL fines them a million and takes away draft picks.

My God,,, imagine what their penalties would have been if those shit balls would have been found guilty of wrongdoing. LOL

GODell and his cronies operate like a clown show.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
What I don't get is the purpose of the cash fine, is Robert Kraft really going to care about paying $1m when he pays $150 per year on player salaries? Why not fine the team's salary cap instead?
I don't know why they can't be fined the cost of the investigation at least.