Tom Brady suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will Tom Brady be suspended?

• 2 games

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 4 games

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • 6 games

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 8 games

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • The whole season

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Who are you kidding? He won't be suspended at all

Votes: 47 32.9%

• Total voters

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What I don't get is the purpose of the cash fine, is Robert Kraft really going to care about paying $1m when he pays $150 per year on player salaries? Why not fine the team's salary cap instead?
Absolutely.
The fine should count against the salary cap.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I call this one 'The Last Embrace.'
CEyUpq8WEAA_mvD.jpg

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely.
The fine should count against the salary cap.

Naturally, the NFLPA would object to salaries overall being reduced.

My solution is that the caps of the other 31 teams would be raised, accordingly. So the Patriots lose $1 million in cap space - and every other team ads a bit over $30k in cap space. Overall players get paid the same, but there's a slight competitive disadvantage for the Patriots. Heck, do it $6.2 million - so the Pats lose that much, and every other team adds $200k in space. That is a good player the Patriots would lose.

iced

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-him-suspended-but-you-must-follow-the-rules/

Eli on Brady: I hate seeing him suspended, but you must follow the rules

Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who squared off with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in two Super Bowls, takes no pleasure in seeing Brady suspended. But Manning saw it coming when he learned from the Deflategate report that Brady had broken the rules of the NFL.

“I don’t like to see anybody get suspended, I don’t like to see anybody get in trouble, so in no way am I glad to see this happen,” Manning said, via the New York Daily News. “I think it is about integrity and you have to follow the rules. So if someone’s breaking rules I understand they’re going to get punished.”

Manning read some of the Ted Wells report and expected the league to come down hard on Brady, who will miss the first four games of the season.

“Obviously it didn’t look good,” Manning said. “I figured something like this may happen.”

After hearing about Deflategate, Manning threw some underinflated footballs out of curiosity.

“Yeah, there is a difference,” he said. “A noticeable difference.”

Manning stressed that he respects Brady and said he doesn’t think this punishment will tarnish Brady’s legacy. Even if Brady has just become the highest-profile NFL player ever to be suspended for breaking the rules.

----------------------------

but but but all these science experts say there isn't a difference

Athos

Legend
Manning stressed that he respects Brady and said he doesn’t think this punishment will tarnish Brady’s legacy. Even if Brady has just become the highest-profile NFL player ever to be suspended for breaking the rules.

Shut yo stupid dumb face, Eli. Your words aren't making your dumb looking face look any better.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I can't wait to listen to the sports radio on the way home tonight here in New England. It will be delicious. Like your favorite meal level of deliciousness.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Four games? Tom Brady laughs and wipes his ass with 1.9 mil while polishing his ill-gotten Super Bowl ring.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Not a phone expert but I'm sure tommyboy has gone back and deleted any contacts with his ball boys he even claims not knowing on his phone right? I have no way of knowing if that info can then be retrieved. I'm sure one of you tech literate gents would know if the "CODE RED"order after being deleted could be found , if there. Let this tech caveman know what tommy is risking , because there can be NO appeal without submiting his phone. Please let me know guys. Thanks .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-internet-donate-money-to-much-richer-person/

Group of idiots on internet donate money to much richer person
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 12, 2015

Listen, we get it, people like football. And the liking of football is good for business, and pays a lot of mortgages.

But some of you people really need to take a peek in a mirror.

Some fan, aggrieved by the league’s fining the Patriots $1 million for their “more probable than not” role in deflating footballs, has decided to pass the hat.

A GoFundMe.com site has been set up, soliciting donations to help offset the league-imposed fine.

“We obviously know we won’t reach One Million Dollars, however we do believe the fine is bulls**t and want to help anyway we can,” the site reads. “So whatever is donated will be donated to the New England Patriots in help with the fine!”

Yeah, poor Robert Kraft, worth $4.3 billion (with a B) can use all the help he can get.

At the moment, 365 fans/suckers/trolls have made donations worth $5,430, ranging from $500 to $5. And to be honest, as a capitalist, part of me says “fine, have at it, whizz away your own money however you please.”

At the same time, there has to be a homeless dog somewhere in the cities where these people live, or something more worthy than making a quixotic — and very, very stupid — statement on behalf of a billionaire who believes he’s been wronged.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/12/patriots-fans-stage-sit-in-at-nfl-headquarters/

Patriots fans stage sit-in at NFL headquarters
Posted by Josh Alper on May 12, 2015

ce04z9dueaaavc8.jpg

Patriots fans are taking a page from Cosmo Kramer’s battle against Big Bagel’s refusal to recognize Festivus and taking their grievances to the street.

Four Patriots fans associated with Barstool Sports have parked themselves in the lobby of the NFL’s Park Avenue headquarters in New York to express their displeasure with the penalties handed down to quarterback Tom Brady and the Patriots on Tuesday. The four protestors, all of whom are wearing Brady jerseys, first paraded in front of the building with signs before moving inside the building to stage a sit-it while handcuffed together.

It remains to be seen if they also plan to move onto tampering with the steam pipes, but the New York Police Department may not give them the chance. Twitter user Lisa Kraus Edwards has been documenting the protest with pictures on Twitter, including the one on this page, and reports that police are on the scene to put an end to the scene at the behest of NFL security.

It seems doubtful that this protest sparks further uprisings, but if we’re wrong “No Brady, No Peace” may become the catchphrase of the summer.
---------
Awww, one for each game. Adorable.
---------
At least seated on the ground they’re safe from falling off the barstools referenced in their name. Something makes me suspect there’d be a very real danger of that happening.
--------
These are your people, Boston. Revel in the stupid…

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really! They're going to end up with a criminal record to support a blatant cheater?

Fortunately, they are too stupid to be qualified for good jobs anyway, because otherwise they'd have a hard time finding one after a criminal trespass arrest.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Belechick didnt get punished? Says who? Losing a 1st round draft pick sure seems like punishment to me, especially since he was cleared of wrong doing a long time ago.

Seems light to me. Payton got a year suspension and by all accounts had no knowledge of what was going on. I know its different circumstances but if you are going to hold one HC responsible for not knowing what is happening and claiming they should then all HC's should bare the same punishment.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Cheating Patsies got caught again and finally got punished! It isn't enough for their past sins, but at least it taints them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems light to me. Payton got a year suspension and by all accounts had no knowledge of what was going on. I know its different circumstances but if you are going to hold one HC responsible for not knowing what is happening and claiming they should then all HC's should bare the same punishment.
If Payton truly didnt know that was going on, he should have been fired.
Because everyone knew that he did, he only got one year.
I believe BB had no clue because I also believe its irrelevant. I dont think a bounty set up where players could have been injured is irrelevant
Aaron Rodgers admitted he likes extra air in the ball, where's the witch hunt?
I think the whole thing is a so what deal so 4 games to me seems extreme.
But since its Tommy Girl and the Patsies, its fine by me