Tom Brady speculation thread (to Bucs)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tom Brady

• Stays in New England

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • Moves to another team

Votes: 42 35.6%
  • Retires

Votes: 26 22.0%

• Total voters

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He just needs some power bars and java juice (or whatever it is he supplements with) and he'll be good for another Superbowl run

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Brady looked a tick slower, to me, last night.

There where a couple of times his decision and reaction time seemed to be lagging.

Could be wishful thinking though. :D

He's still mentally sharp but he's 42 so he's a little less capable physically. However he's still good enough.

He had a decent year with dreck at the skill positions other than Edelman. They were desperate enough to go get Josh Gordon.........."nuff said.

The clause in his contract that voids it is a big deal. Who's option is it, his or the teams?

I can see the opt out being used, then resigning him on the cheap to use that $$$ to get some help on offense.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3457.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Patriots made a mistake giving up Jimmy G. I truly believe he will turn i to a fringe elite QB when he gets more time under his belt. Especially if he stays with Shanahan.
There’s no way they could have kept him. Was Going to be UFA. The mistake was not getting more for him than the 2nd round pick they got.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMHO the best place for Brady much as I hate to say it, is Dallas. Oh but they have a QB. Jerry wants a SB right now. His time is running out and he knows it. Behind that line with that back. Its plug and play. Stranger things have happened.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After they lose to the Titans, IMO, Tom Brady will sign a contract with the Los Angeles Chargers just like back in 1973 when they acquired an Old Johnny Unitas and then the New England Patriots will make a trade for Cam Newton to mirror what the Baltimore Ravens are doing with Lamar Jackson.
Just don’t mention the Joe Namath trade to the other LA team...although we could use a good backup...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just don’t mention the Joe Namath trade to the other LA team...although we could use a good backup...

That was a desperate move by Carroll Rosenbloom with Namath. It's too bade they traded Ron Jaworski as IMO, he had the goods and was a far better option then Haden and younger than Harris.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a desperate move by Carroll Rosenbloom with Namath. It's too bade they traded Ron Jaworski as IMO, he had the goods and was a far better option then Haden and younger than Harris.
And we should have nabbed Vermeil from UCLA and dumped Knox....Vermeil and Jaworski in LA? Would have liked to have seen that

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And we should have nabbed Vermeil from UCLA and dumped Knox....Vermeil and Jaworski in LA? Would have liked to have seen that

Would have been tough to dump Knox after three years 73-75, Vermeil's first year in Philadelphia was 1976. Knox had gone 12-2 in 73 and was coach of the year, 10-4 in 74 and back to 12-2 in 1975 although losing a home playoff game to the Cowboys 37-7 in the NFC Championship Game.

My issue was 1978 after CR (Carroll Rosenbloom) shuffled Knox off to Buffalo, he wanted to hire Stanford Head Coach Bill Walsh, but the hangup was that Walsh wanted to be GM & Head Coach and Rosonebloom loved Kloserman. They were close to agreeing to contract, but at the last minute, CR went with George Allen and IMO, things would have been so different if CR stuck with his gut and hired Bill Walsh.

https://diva.sfsu.edu/collections/sfbatv/bundles/225540

1578331043820.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would have been tough to dump Knox after three years 73-75, Vermeil's first year in Philadelphia was 1976. Knox had gone 12-2 in 73 and was coach of the year, 10-4 in 74 and back to 12-2 in 1975 although losing a home playoff game to the Cowboys 37-7 in the NFC Championship Game.

My issue was 1978 after CR (Carroll Rosenbloom) shuffled Knox off to Buffalo, he wanted to hire Stanford Head Coach Bill Walsh, but the hangup was that Walsh wanted to be GM & Head Coach and Rosonebloom loved Kloserman. They were close to agreeing to contract, but at the last minute, CR went with George Allen and IMO, things would have been so different if CR stuck with his gut and hired Bill Walsh.

View attachment 33214
That would have been ok too.....Knox was an early form of Marty Schottenheimer (as far as results), Dude sucked in the playoffs, and probably made the worst mistake ever by letting Jaworski get traded.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

View attachment 33214
That’s cool, thanks for posting.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've never heard "stupid" used to describe Tom Brady...IMO, he would be just that to leave the Cheatriots..I say he plays in Boston or plays sheet music with his wife..

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Just a thought, if he leaves for another team, what happens to TB's 'conditioning' business he runs for the Pats? You know, the one where he supplements his low wages by selling his firms services back to the Pats out side the salary cap? Would that business up and move to the new team as well?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Chargers ??? Has been a rumor for a month now ?? He is a Cali guy

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was thinking about this and this is what I think.

He's going nowhere but back onto the Patriots roster.

There isn't a place to go to that offers him the chance to win one more SB unless that team is willing to sit down an in place starter for one or two years. I can't see that happening.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was thinking about this and this is what I think.

He's going nowhere but back onto the Patriots roster.

There isn't a place to go to that offers him the chance to win one more SB unless that team is willing to sit down an in place starter for one or two years. I can't see that happening.
I have a hard time believing it myself.
I dont think Brady wants to pack up and move to a new team.
Also. Why would he want to learn a new system?

The only way I see Tom out, is if the Cheats want him out.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the cheats add new weapons and he stays.