Tom Brady speculation thread (to Bucs)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tom Brady

• Stays in New England

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • Moves to another team

Votes: 42 35.6%
  • Retires

Votes: 26 22.0%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maybe I am taking a leap, but I suspect this could be a storyline that carries on a bit...

Does he stay in New England?

Does he retire?

Does he land elsewhere?

I expect a few “who cares?” replies, but it is an interesting storyline if he leaves or retires.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ex-Teammate Says We’re Witnessing The End Of Tom Brady In A Patriots Uniform Headed Into Wild Card Round

Tom Brady is 42-years-old. Most quarterbacks would’ve long retired somewhere in their late 30’s, but not Brady as he tries to get yet another Super Bowl victory.

Unlike most years, Brady did not look good in 2019 and the offense had to lean heavily on the defense to keep them in ball games as the offense often sputtered to get anything going.

Brady is set to be a free agent after their postseason run ends and rumors have suggested he might be headed out of town and taking his talents elsewhere if he truly wants to play until he is 45-years-old.

Damien Woody, who spent five seasons with the Patriots, certainly thinks Tom Brady is done in New England. He stated so during Thursday’s edition of ‘Get Up’ on ESPN.

“I think we’re looking at the end. I think this is going to be the end of Tom Brady in a Patriots uniform.

This hasn’t been the typical Patriots run heading into the playoffs. Usually around Thanksgiving, they’ve figured it out, got their identity, they’re hot going into the playoffs. I mean, they’re coming off a loss at home, a must-win game to get the second seed to the Miami Dolphins, where Tom Brady didn’t look well at all. The Patriots have a very thin margin for error. If their defense isn’t on top of its game, they’re gonna lose. They’re going against a Tennessee Titans team that’s humming.”

All things considered, Brady didn’t have a bad year statically, as he tossed for 4,057 yards, 24 touchdowns and just 8 interceptions. But, he has not looked like the Brady of old, instead, he looks like an old Brady who is finally showing his age.

We shall see if the Tennessee Titans will change the era in New England in what would be a huge victory on the road at Gillette Stadium.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Colin Coward Makes Case for Brady to Colts

Much has been made about where Tom Brady will play next season if he leaves the New England Patriots in free agency this offseason. Colin Cowherd believes one organization checks all of the boxes for what the quarterback might look for on the open market: the Indianapolis Colts.

“Think of what they have for Tom Brady. When Peyton Manning was a free agent and he was old and he’d been banged up, where did he go? To a team that had weapons and an offensive line and a structure he trusted,” Cowherd said Thursday on FS1.

“What do the Colts have? Maybe the best young general manager in the sport, Chris Ballard. What do they also have? A really good head coach — respected, played in the league. What do they also have? A top-three offensive line who by next year in my opinion, as the Cowboys’ line ages, will have the best offensive line. Tom won’t get hit. What do they also have? A deep threat, T.Y. Hilton. What do they also have? About 28 tight ends. They’ve got nothing but tight ends. Tom loves the tight end. What do they also have? They play indoors. What do they also have? A crappy, winnable division with teams you can’t trust — Houston and Tennessee — that Tom has owned. I’m just saying. The Colts. And what do they also have? A team that would drive (Bill) Belichick nuts. Everything is lined up.”

View: https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1212805863775227905?s=21

This certainly is an interesting theory. While it’s hard to imagine Brady leaving the Patriots if he chooses not to retire, most of the speculation regarding potential destinations has revolved around the West Coast. After all, Brady is a California native.

Perhaps he’d welcome the chance to head home, with the Los Angeles Chargers often floated as a possibility given Philip Rivers’ own upcoming free agency. The Colts sure have plenty to offer, though. And you better believe they’d love to stick it to the Patriots given the teams’ rivalry, which dates back to Manning’s days in Indianapolis and received a shot in the arm thanks to Deflategate and then Josh McDaniels spurning the Colts to remain New England’s offensive coordinator two years ago. Cowherd seems similarities between Manning leaving Indianapolis to sign with the Denver Broncos at age 36 before the 2012 season.

“Keep your eye on the Indianapolis Colts. They offer a lot of what Peyton Manning was attracted to,” Cowherd said. “We thought Peyton Manning was going to be a Colt forever, did we not? Joe Namath. Johnny Unitas. Joe Montana. Brett Favre. You guys all think these quarterbacks play forever. They want to keep playing. And when you’re making 28, 30 million dollars a year. “By the way, the Colts have a young roster. Brady can come in there and make 30 million. They’ve got money for him. That offensive line’s not getting paid yet. That defense is young. It’s not getting paid yet. Colts have nothing but money and cap space. They’ll have cap space, indoors, winnable division, good GM, smart coach, great O-line. I’m just saying, the Colts to me make a lot of sense, and I don’t think the Colts have the draft capital and the ability to jump ahead of the Chargers or Carolina or Miami and they’re not getting Cincinnati’s No. 1 spot (in the NFL draft). I think it makes sense.” The Colts were thrown a curveball before this season when Andrew Luck abruptly retired at age 29. Jacoby Brissett was fairly solid as Indianapolis’ new starting quarterback, but the Colts stumbled to a 7-9 finish, and the opportunity to pursue Brady — a six-time Super Bowl champion who turns 43 before next season — could be too appealing to pass up. And it’d be fascinating to see whether such interest is mutual.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/01/colin-cowherd-makes-compelling-case-for-why-tom-brady-could-join-colts/

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's staying right there with the rest of the cheaters until he retires.

Or... maybe Belicheat and little bobby kraft-whack-n-cheese are thinking about bringing in one of the super talented available FA QBs next year... or draft a rookie QB to start. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
After they lose to the Titans, IMO, Tom Brady will sign a contract with the Los Angeles Chargers just like back in 1973 when they acquired an Old Johnny Unitas and then the New England Patriots will make a trade for Cam Newton to mirror what the Baltimore Ravens are doing with Lamar Jackson.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady's toast. The Pats will be done quickly in the playoffs, and my nightmare will finally end. I soo wished it would have ended after the Rams kicked their asses in the super bowl, but it didn't happen.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Stays or retires. He'd be quickly exposed as a fraud if he played for anyone other than Belicheat.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
From what I can tell, the Cheatriots and Bellicheat no longer want Tom Bitchy as their quarterback, and I don't think he'll retire, either. I picked "different team", but as far as he's declined physically and the quarterback class ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a free agent waiting for another quarterback to be injured for a chance to start.

fearsomefour

Legend
After they lose to the Titans, IMO, Tom Brady will sign a contract with the Los Angeles Chargers just like back in 1973 when they acquired an Old Johnny Unitas and then the New England Patriots will make a trade for Cam Newton to mirror what the Baltimore Ravens are doing with Lamar Jackson.
Or maybe like Namath to the Rams haha.

fearsomefour

Legend
Stays or retires. He'd be quickly exposed as a fraud if he played for anyone other than Belicheat.
You’re making a case for the greatness of Billecheat.
They have been excellent of matching their approach on O to the talent they have.
Power running team.
A downfield first passing team.
A short ding and dunk passing team.
They’ve run all these systems well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Poor Rivers in that scenario.
Haha.
A 38 year old QB replaces with an older QB.
Just as likely Rivers goes to NE to back up Brady (and finally win a playoff game or two) until Brady retires in 2026.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Poor Rivers in that scenario.
Haha.
A 38 year old QB replaces with an older QB.
Just as likely Rivers goes to NE to back up Brady (and finally win a playoff game or two) until Brady retires in 2026.

I like Rivers in Indianapolis with the Colts.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady to Chargers and meanwhile back in Foxboro, the Patriots coax Sam Bradford out of retirement with Case Keenum backing him up. Patriots face Rams in Superbowl much to the chagrin of many a Rams fan

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think he plays with Pats next year, only because they don't have Jimmy G to lead them to 9-7. Next year will be a huge step down....his legs are going....still has a pro arm, but we will see A LOT more BAD throws next year....hope he loses big to the Rams :)

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I wouldn't underestimate the competitiveness of Belichick or Brady causing this to happen. If either one wins a championship without the other, it moves the needle in the debate of whether the Pats success was because of coaching or QB play.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joe Montana cemented his legend by winning 2 playoff games for the king of the 1st round exit Marty Shott, while Walsh never won without him

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You guys must be HIGH AF if you really believe the cheaters are going to move on from Brady next season.

@den-the-coach ... I will be willing to bet you real dollars that the cheaters will not be signing Cam Neuter next year. Especially to be the next Lamar J... but I'll just leave it at signing Cam. Let me know if you're interested. :love:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Competitive guys like Brady play until the game shows them they can't. If the Patriots go another direction he will play for some team he thinks has a chance at a championship and try to extend his career until it's clear he can't do it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You guys must be HIGH AF if you really believe the cheaters are going to move on from Brady next season.
They won 11 games in 2008 with Matt Cassell's sorry @$$ at QB. If and when they move away from Brady... As long as Belichick is there they might miss the playoffs for a year or so but they'll rebuild just fine.