Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

We don’t know any of that.
I’d think the asking price was more than a 7th...pretty much the same as cut, as a result.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No because they couldn’t do a physical that’s the only reason why he wasn’t traded. But we will see which running back have a better year and career Gurley or whoever lol
I don't think the physical held up a trade, they would have made trade contingent on one. Under the present circumstances all of these deals likely have an out for physical

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd rather the rams had kept him.

If he's the Gurley of old, so would I. Given that they outright cut him, I have to believe they don't think he can be, and he only showed flashes of his old self last season.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I don't know that there's anything wrong with him. I think his reduction in production can be attributed to (in order of importance):

1) Our line not mauling or creating holes for him last year (which, honestly, looks like it'll continue this year)

Yep. All these player losses, and we still have basically the same OL that was the first domino for all this....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You can’t have one of your best players not totally buy in with what you are doing. It’s one thing to not be 100%, it’s another thing to not give 100%.

It’s the way he played, it’s the way he handled himself in interviews. As much as I loved Gurley, and I will root for him, I was disappointed in him, and I agree with what we did. You can’t let one player ruin your culture.

Your best players have to set the example.

Last edited:

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Actually? I would. Better to get something instead of releasing him for absolutely shit.

Have to believe if a team wanted him, they would have gladly gave up a 7th rounder and paid that contract. But no one did. Its the time of year teams look at contract vs production. 31 other teams agreed with the Rams and would not pay his contract.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Now I need a new jersey
1584651719485.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feel the same if the Rams had gotten a 7th round pick?
The same as a 1st? Umm... no.... Who would be as happy with either a 1st round pick or a 7th?
I'd feel a little better than now had they at least traded him for a 7th vs straight out release

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Perplexing.
There is definitely something going on behind the scenes here.
Some total transparency would be nice about now.

Tg is my 8 year old sons favorite player.
I just had to break the news to him.
He was confused and bumbed out.
Then he comes back to me and says this

Son
"I hope he goes to the Bengals"

Me
"Why is that?"

Son
"Because the Bengals are trash"

I guess my son is a bit pissed off now

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
What concerns me is he’ll probably play pretty well for whatever team he’s on next year. I would’ve preferred eating it; but at the same time I’d like to think McVay and Snead know what they’re doing.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
When Gurley took the Rams off his instagram page that was a sign.

He knew something was up. All this "Hey man, its just business" attitude is just marketing to get on another team.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the physical held up a trade, they would have made trade contingent on one. Under the present circumstances all of these deals likely have an out for physical
Yeah but with Gurley history any team would be foolish to take on that contract without doing a physical

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The same as a 1st? Umm... no.... Who would be as happy with either a 1st round pick or a 7th?
I'd feel a little better than now had they at least traded him for a 7th vs straight out release

31 other teams would not give up a 7th for him, that speaks volumes about that contract.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And look on the bright side, if they sign a UFA to replace him, they lose ground in the comp pick formula.
Oh wait a minute, that's not a good thing

I'm guessing they're comfortable with Darrell Henderson if they made this move.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m as shocked as anyone but what if juts what if mcvay and Snead and Gurley really know Todd’s knee is ganked ...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck me, so instead of a $8m cap hit to cut him next season it's $10m now without his services for this season.

With that move, we save about $5.5M this year and have a dead cap hit of $8.4M in 2021 (saving us $4.8M next year).