Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way the current and former rams players are reacting says a lot imho

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah.
There was definitely something wrong with him.
He was sixty percent of the running back he used to be last year.
And believe me I was on TG's side because he's a Carolina boy like myself.
Plus he was a rare talent when he had his knees underneath him.

I want to, hat in hand, apologize to anybody who I was abrupt with who claimed Gurley was not 100%.

By the end of the season, I realized you guys were right.
Damn it! :palm:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
L
Actually, I disagree with that second part. What kills coaches and GMs is staying tied to players that you should not. This is the Rams saying "yep, we made a mistake. Now we fix it."

That's actually a good thing. Now McVay earns his stripes as a leader by finding a way to explain this to the rest of the locker room.
lol it’s no explaining this. The players saw him get away from Gurley in crunch times the team saw him bench Gurley when he fumbled McVay is a pass first guy and he has a ego he try to come across as player friendly but he’s clearly trying to make his NAME to the detriment of the team. Now the pressure is all on him. No more Fisher stink no more Gurley knee no more Mad Bum not adjusting this is fully his team now and we will see how he handles real pressure

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Gurley had been traded for a first round pick, there would be a much different reaction that now. But he would still be gone. Dont get why so many are so upset.
Because in that scenario the Rams would have a 1st round pick?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude what the hell are you smoking you cant honestly believe that can you?? People are still questioning if his knee is healthy?

We couldn't even trade him for a late round pick with his current health situation + contract. Come on lets use our brains.
No because they couldn’t do a physical that’s the only reason why he wasn’t traded. But we will see which running back have a better year and career Gurley or whoever lol

Poppinfresh

Rookie
I don't know that there's anything wrong with him. I think his reduction in production can be attributed to (in order of importance):

1) Our line not mauling or creating holes for him last year (which, honestly, looks like it'll continue this year)
2) Being underutilized by McVay, and when he was used, he was used in predictable fashions (plus, McVay stopped adjusting to game conditions last year. The whole coaching staff regressed, really)
3) Tying in with 2, not being used dynamically out of the backfield. Take a look at how many fewer passes Goff lobbed at him

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I hate this move, but somewhat understand it! This lives up to the old saying, life sucks and then you die.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After allowing my anger to subside, I think they made the right move. Looking at Gurley's contract, it would have been a pain to get out of it next year too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck me, so instead of a $8m cap hit to cut him next season it's $10m now without his services for this season.

And look on the bright side, if they sign a UFA to replace him, they lose ground in the comp pick formula.
Oh wait a minute, that's not a good thing