Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m gonna hate next year as we watch Gurley torch the league playing for someone else.
Have a little faith in Mcvay at least. Maybe he saw that Gurley isn't capable of that anymore.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
31 other teams would not give up a 7th for him, that speaks volumes about that contract.
What does that have to do with your question?
It sucks they released him for what he will cost, + the cost of whoever replaces him, and possibly losing comp pick if they go the ufa route. So had they pulled off a trade and got something, anything, it would have somewhat lightened the load.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
So, no Fowler, Littleton, Mathews, Brockers, Robey-Coleman, or Gurley. Add Flyod and Robinson on the D-line, and have basically no draft pics or cap space. Still haven’t addressed the O-line.

Did we just throw in the towel on 2020?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
L
You can’t have one of your best players not totally buy in with what you are doing. It’s one thing to to not be 100%, it’s another thing to not give 100%.

It’s the way he played, it’s the way he handled himself in interviews. As much as I loved Gurley, and I will root for him, I was disappointed in him, and I agree with what we did. You can’t let one player ruin your culture.

Your best players have to set the example.
lol if it wasn’t for Gurley blocking Goff would be a total shell.. just imagine being a running back being told you’re not good enough to carry the load but spend 90 percent of your limited snaps playing as a lineman.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
When Gurley took the Rams off his instagram page that was a sign.

He knew something was up.

If McVay is the leader we think he is, TG would have been told face to face what was happening beforehand.
So, yeah, I guess that he knew.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Gurley did receive his 7.55 million dollar roster bonus for this year, enabling him to take a lesser contract to chase a ring if he desires. Will be interesting to see where and what he ends up and for how much. He was an excellent player for the Rams, but understand why it was time for him to go.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
L

lol if it wasn’t for Gurley blocking Goff would be a total shell.. just imagine being a running back being told you’re not good enough to carry the load but spend 90 percent of your limited snaps playing as a lineman.
I don’t know what we are going to do either, and I agree he was a very good blocker. Doesn’t change the fact there were probably multiple reasons why we cut him.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Well after all this I'm glad I cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket a few weeks ago.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I am WAY pissed.

Gurley’s release comprehensively sucks.

mood - I want to hit something, right fucking now

1584652826564.gif

TexasRam

Legend
So can anyone figure our cap space after the Gurley and Matthews releases?

Sorry for those still in mourning, but I’m wondering where we stand cap wise.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Its the knee. It's got to be the knee. It makes no sense otherwise.

At a minimum it's also the money, rendering a trade impossible, and TG's unhappiness with McVay and the Rams because of his misuse in training and games. The knee may not be the sole or necessarily most important driver.

I personally think we will see TG perform at a high level again. Too bad it won't be for the Rams.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
So can anyone figure our cap space after the Gurley and Matthews releases?

Sorry for those still in mourning, but I’m wondering where we stand cap wise.
Too soon or wrong thread, take your pick.