Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Coach Mac is going to have to earn his stripes with this move. The "We, not Me" credo is going to take a big hit if he can't do some serious 'Splainin' quickly.
These are the times that try men's souls; but just another day in the life of a Rams fan.

~ArkyRamsFan~

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I like how Kroenke is raking it with Wal Mart hoarding during this crisis but has to save 10 million with TG

Ruthless mother fucker

I don't think this has anything to do with Kroenke's money ... Gurley's salary is couch cushion change to him. Salary cap is the issue.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
We have several ginormous contracts besides Gurley's, chiefly Goff's and AD's. Next tier, Whit's and Cooks and Higbee. With several more to go this year including Ramsey. Next year is even worse, with Kupp & others to work out.

Snead is not on the hot seat. They took a gamble, everything seemed fine until TGII hurt his knee & suddenly we're pulling CJ Anderson off the scrap heap to salvage our super bowl run. The questions swirled, and we all got NO ANSWERS. Not from Todd, not from Snead, not from McVay or anyone else. We STILL have no idea to this day what really happened.

This is more an information management problem, and even a HIPPA problem -- an athlete's privacy vs. a GM's best efforts to base contracts on said athlete's health. It's also a crisis management problem that the Rams failed at -- all the double-speak about his knee & their "managing it" plan just alienated a lot of us. Frankly I'm done with it, and glad that as a Rams fan I don't have to wonder every time Todd runs if it will be his last because I still have NO IDEA WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM.

…..

Legend
I like how Kroenke is raking it with Wal Mart hoarding during this crisis but has to save 10 million with TG

Ruthless mother fucker
They building a lot of parking lots and side businesses during the crises? Because that’s what Kroenke is known to do for WalMart

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
If Gurley had been traded for a first round pick, there would be a much different reaction that now. But he would still be gone. Dont get why so many are so upset.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
They lost $3m in cap by releasing him.

How much does Gurley count against the cap next year with this move? Hint: it's zero. Second hint: it was non-zero if we kept him in the fold, even if we cut him before next season.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Honestly, Snead should be on the hot seat. This team has a piss poor history with giving big contracts and releasing players the next season. It’s fucking ridiculous and how you run a team into the ground. We were supposed to set this league on fire for years. And now we have bottom dwelling talent with players that no longer trust the coaches and FO. If I’m Ramsey, I stay the fuck away from any extension.

Why though? The Rams rewarded Gurley by making him the top paid RB which was deserved. Nobody could have predicted Todd’s knee to flare up at such a young age but it, unfortunately, did. The mistake was giving him the contract after his 3rd season when we still could have kept him on his rookie deal for an additional 2 years. In any case, the Rams took care of Todd early so he should be appreciative for that. The rams are now doing what’s in the best interest of the team moving forward. Todds Injury won’t get any better. It will only degenerate in time and at this point it’s not smart to pay him top RB money.