Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Cowherd on the release of Todd Gurley.

“Last year Sean McVay would say ‘The reason we’re not using Todd Gurley is because I’m an idiot! Haha! This is all on me!’ – that was the ‘story’ the Rams were projecting. But I live in Los Angeles and know players and people on the staff. That wasn’t the REAL story. The story is that Todd Gurley got paid, Todd Gurley got hurt, and Todd Gurley changed. He’s not great for the locker room right now, and they wanted him out for a year and couldn’t figure out how to get rid of him. I've got intel on this. They don’t want him there… What was being said behind closed doors was ‘HOW DO WE GET OUT OF THIS CONTRACT?’”

I don't know if this is completely true, but there has to be at least some truth to it given what we've seen today. But if it's both the knee and the attitude, then the move makes complete sense and was the only move to make at this point.

One thing we do know is that McVay took a lot of blame on himself for the way Gurley was used last year, and took a lot of shit because of it. If either of the knee or attitude things are true (much less if both) then it means he took a lot of shit for Todd that he did not have to take.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
But they made it a post June 1st which means they didn’t clear the future years totally.
Yeah, just saw that after I posted. Still his hit would be dragged out another year if they waited another year.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I don't know, this "he was bad for the locker room" leak (wink wink) reeks of PR damage control.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was fun while it lasted...
6A18ABBF-5AAD-4421-B7C0-F0C66F427859.jpeg

Best of luck TGIII...please don’t sign with the Seahawks...:confused:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't know, this "he was bad for the locker room" leak (wink wink) reeks of PR damage control.

Well, many posters here have pointed out how Todd has been during press conferences and such, so there might be some truth to it. Gurley may have just had a hard time adjusting mentally to a reduced status given the knee issues. Hard to know for sure though unless you are inside the organization.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Yeah, that’s bullshit

Folks like big Whit, that would put their name to it, talked about what a leader and teammate Gurley is.

The rest is unnamed sources. Fuck that.

And the body language watchers. Fuck that, too.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Man get serious this has nothing to do with him. They’re going to spend that money no matter what it just depends on this player. On thing is certain with Stan he doesn’t interfere with the day to day operation of the team.

Easy Old School - i moved on quickly from my Wal Mart rage :D

Last edited:

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Well, many posters here have pointed out how Todd has been during press conferences and such, so there might be some truth to it. Gurley may have just had a hard time adjusting mentally to a reduced status given the knee issues. Hard to know for sure though unless you are inside the organization.

Being mad at the media, which is understandable with the same question, is way different then teammates hating you. The Twitter response from teammates say elsewise.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I do have a hard time believing the would outright cut him if he was 100% physically. If it was just attitude, well that's something that's fixable and the locker room culture is pretty good - his teammates would have leaned on him. But you can't reason with a bum knee.
And changing the offense to throw it all over the lot

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Cowherd on the release of Todd Gurley.

“Last year Sean McVay would say ‘The reason we’re not using Todd Gurley is because I’m an idiot! Haha! This is all on me!’ – that was the ‘story’ the Rams were projecting. But I live in Los Angeles and know players and people on the staff. That wasn’t the REAL story. The story is that Todd Gurley got paid, Todd Gurley got hurt, and Todd Gurley changed. He’s not great for the locker room right now, and they wanted him out for a year and couldn’t figure out how to get rid of him. I've got intel on this. They don’t want him there… What was being said behind closed doors was ‘HOW DO WE GET OUT OF THIS CONTRACT?’”
Fuck Cowherd wanting to be part of the story.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Being mad at the media, which is understandable with the same question, is way different then teammates hating you. The Twitter response from teammates say elsewise.

Yeah, that's true, and I can see where the media would be highly annoying. But still, something did seem off with him last year relative to 2017 and pre-injury 2018. I'm guessing there is at least a grain of truth to it based on what we've seen, but emphasize it's still a guess.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
If Gurley’s knee is fine he would have had plenty of teams lining up for his services even before he was released, but instead it’s been relatively quiet. Add his attitude towards the end of last year, I’m leaning towards the team having no choice.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If Gurley’s knee is fine he would have had plenty of teams lining up for his services even before he was released, but instead it’s been relatively quiet. Add his attitude towards the end of last year, I’m leaning towards the team having no choice.

Hell, if his knee was fine WE would be lining up for his services.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I will always be a Todd Gurley fan.

All he did was give his best for the team. His best game may have been the opener against the whiners in 2016. He got hit behind the line of scrimmage every time he touched the ball and fought every time to gain no yardage or minimal yardage. He could have had a minus 50 yard game but managed to have a 10 yard game or something. True grit in that game.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

I will always be a Todd Gurley fan.

All he did was give his best for the team. His best game may have been the opener against the whiners in 2016. He got hit behind the line of scrimmage every time he touched the ball and fought every time to gain no yardage or minimal yardage. He could have had a minus 50 yard game but managed to have a 10 yard game or something. True grit in that game.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After digesting the fact that Gurley wouldn't be a Ram anymore, I thought about all the good running backs come and go for this team. We 've had some great ones.

Good luck, Gurley. I have loved watching you play for my team.

Never met him, but I am not buying the locker room negativity. I'm probably wrong on this. I like Colin Cowherd, but that viewpoint leads me to believe he knew of this beforehand. Then he would report it beforehand. Not buying it.