Titans GM: Trade interest is increasing for NFL Draft's No. 1 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Doctson is nice but Cook, Keenum and Mannion is trotting out more garbage at QB and we're back to drafting the position in a year or two.
U don't know that keenum was a couple drops away from 4 or 5 in a row. Also I still got hope for mannion

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
U don't know that keenum was a couple drops away from 4 or 5 in a row. Also I still got hope for mannion
He was also a few lucky plays from winning 1 of those starts, it goes both way. IMO Mannion is Cook with a stronger arm. An average QB who'll be a career backup, the next Shaun Hill basically.

lockdnram21

Legend
He was also a few lucky plays from winning 1 of those starts, it goes both way. IMO Mannion is Cook with a stronger arm. An average QB who'll be a career backup, the next Shaun Hill basically.
I'm not sure what mannion is. With good line play and a couple weapons he can be good

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That means no decent wide out or cb. Rather draft doctson in first and try and trade up for Cook with both seconds or roll with keenum and Mannion.

A. It doesn't necessarily mean that. Decent wide outs and CBs are drafted in rounds 3-7 and picked up undrafted every year.

B. Even if it did, I would much rather have a meh WR corps and a plus QB than a plus WR corps and a meh QB. It's not even close in my mind on this point.

lockdnram21

Legend
A. It doesn't necessarily mean that. Decent wide outs and CBs are drafted in rounds 3-7 and picked up undrafted every year.

B. Even if it did, I would much rather have a meh WR corps and a plus QB than a plus WR corps and a meh QB. It's not even close in my mind on this point.
This draft sucks at wr and its no guarantee that the QN works out. Could be redskins all over again

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You said he was somebody who played for 10+ years at excellent play and gave you pro bowl level play. Well guess what you just described a 10 year pro who's excellent and in the pro bowl regularly.

No this is what I said:

We may have different ideas of what a franchise QB is. IMO it's a guy who gives you a decade plus of excellent play and gets to at least a few pro bowls.

You're more interested in a point by point argument rather than a discussion at this point. I've said enough at this point. You don't agree, that's your perogative and telling me that I have an opinion that's wrong because it's different than yours isn't getting this conversation moving in a fun direction.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This draft sucks at wr and its no guarantee that the QN works out. Could be redskins all over again

Could be any number of things. Any position, any player, at any draft slot could bust or could go to the hall. That never changes - year after year. It will always be a gamble - for every team.

Here is what is unique about this year.

We have 2 2nd rounders. It happens, but it's not the norm. We have the capital to move up.

The team at #1 doesn't need the #1 pick. It happens sometimes - but again, not the norm.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Maybe not, but they need Tunsil in the worst way.

I'm not sure that Lewan isn't still a LT they can count on. Even if not, at 15 they could still have a shot at Stanley or Conklin.

What the Titans really need is an influx of talent. They could go with one blue chipper or they could get 4 top 50 players. Which do you think helps them more?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not sure that Lewan isn't still a LT they can count on. Even if not, at 15 they could still have a shot at Stanley or Conklin.

What the Titans really need is an influx of talent. They could go with one blue chipper or they could get 4 top 50 players. Which do you think helps them more?
Honestly? Tunsil. Maximizing your chances of protecting Mariota has to be top priority.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Honestly? Tunsil. Maximizing your chances of protecting Mariota has to be top priority.

If I knew Stanley was there at 15 I would strongly disagree.

Since I don't know that, I can only moderately disagree.

Tunsil isn't some once in a generation guy - and he might not be the pick even if the Titans stay at 1.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If I knew Stanley was there at 15 I would strongly disagree.

Since I don't know that, I can only moderately disagree.

Tunsil isn't some once in a generation guy - and he might not be the pick even if the Titans stay at 1.
Yeah, we can disagree on that. It's cool.
Who do you think they would value more than Tunsil at #1 overall?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yeah, we can disagree on that. It's cool.
Who do you think they would value more than Tunsil at #1 overall?

Ramsey - I think he gets a good hard look there.

But honestly, I think they find a deal they like out there somewhere.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramsey - I think he gets a good hard look there.

But honestly, I think they find a deal they like out there somewhere.
I think anyone at the #1 spot has to consider Ramsey. Best player in this draft, IMO. They said they'd have to be floored by an offer to move out of that spot, so that means it has to be markedly better than what the Skins gave us. Can't think of many teams that would match the stupidity displayed by the Redskins that year. Especially considering how it turned out. But ... you never know.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, RG3 actually devalues the transaction because he didn't work out. No team is gonna pay that. Honestly, what made them also take Cousins? That bailed them out because otherwise, they'd be screwed blue and tattooed.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think anyone at the #1 spot has to consider Ramsey. Best player in this draft, IMO. They said they'd have to be floored by an offer to move out of that spot, so that means it has to be markedly better than what the Skins gave us. Can't think of many teams that would match the stupidity displayed by the Redskins that year. Especially considering how it turned out. But ... you never know.

Of course they say that. Why wouldn't they?

At some point between now and the 28th - they will leak that they have a strong offer on the table that they are weighing.

Doesn't make either statement true.

RGIII isn't the new industry norm. We haven't seen anything like it since and likely won't.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Of course they say that. Why wouldn't they?

At some point between now and the 28th - they will leak that they have a strong offer on the table that they are weighing.

Doesn't make either statement true.

RGIII isn't the new industry norm. We haven't seen anything like it since and likely won't.
I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that the Titans are looking for a Redskins-like offer, and teams are now unwilling to make a Redskins-like offer simply because of how it worked out. So with the two things working in conflict with each other, I doubt a deal gets done.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that the Titans are looking for a Redskins-like offer, and teams are now unwilling to make a Redskins-like offer simply because of how it worked out. So with the two things working in conflict with each other, I doubt a deal gets done.

I hear ya - but in the end the Titans have to do what's best for the Titans. If an RGIII offer never comes, and yet an offer somewhat south of that IS on the table - taking that offer may still be best for the team. And that's what I think will happen.

It sounds like the 9ers, Rams, and Eagles are all kicking the tires right now.