Titans GM: Trade interest is increasing for NFL Draft's No. 1 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody anywhere thinks any of the QB's coming out are real "franchise" types so why would the Rams pay that kind of a price?
Because the Rams feel they are and the "nobody anywhere" is wrong/inaccurate.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Wentz and goff will go #1 and #2. Teams will be horrified by the amount of money the average qbs received in fa. If they can lock up one relatively cheaply for 5 years they will do it. So demand for the top spot will be fierce. I wouldn't rule out the browns if they like Wentz that much.

It would cost the Browns the Least of all the Teams to move up, and who knows at that Rate the Titan's could trade down, gathering picks, a couple of time and still not be out of the Top 6 or 7!!:shocked:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nobody anywhere thinks any of the QB's coming out are real "franchise" types so why would the Rams pay that kind of a price?
Due to the fact they would be suffering from Brain Cloud virus epidemic in the Rams new Org. office. I do see a strong trade possibility in the first round Its called a "Trade Down".

IF Snead & Fisher were to do a "Trade Up" like this for one of these top two QB's (Wentz/Goff) they would flushed all my faith in them down the toilet & terminally damaged my relationship with both of them at that point. However .....I do not believe they would be so foolish with my teams future.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Due to the fact they would be suffering from Brain Cloud virus epidemic in the Rams new Org. office. I do see a strong trade possibility in the first round Its called a "Trade Down".

IF Snead & Fisher were to do a "Trade Up" like this for one of these top two QB's (Wentz/Goff) they would flushed all my faith in them down the toilet & terminally damaged my relationship with both of them at that point. However .....I do not believe they would be so foolish with my teams future.
And there are people who agree with you. And there are people who will be just as unhappy if they don't do something to upgrade the QB position. Some people are tired of trotting out back ups and running a bottom of the league offense.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
And there are people who agree with you. And there are people who will be just as unhappy if they don't do something to upgrade the QB position. Some people are tired of trotting out back ups and running a bottom of the league offense.

I fully understand yours & others position here I too am too very disappointed with this situation. I simply prefer a different route to solve this major problem & see that there are many things that can happen through-out the long season that might resolve this issue that will not cause the Rams team to be upside down mortgaged in our future highly valuable draft building materials.

But I need to remind myself that Sam Bradford was no career back up. He was a first overall selection & he was allegedly a franchised QB. Sam was a Ram starting QB for four seasons here (2010-2013). All four seasons were loosing seasons:palm:.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I wasn't thrilled about trading Bradford for Foles, but if the Rams are now able to move up to get a qb, it will be in large part because of the 2nd round pick acquired from Philadelphia-- otherwise the price might really be unaffordable. And the absence of the pick might take Philly out of the bargaining. Getting the extra pick for Bradford was a really great move by Snead and Fisher IMO.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I fully understand yours & others position here I too am too very disappointed with this situation. I simply prefer a different route to solve this major problem & see that there are many things that can happen through-out the long season that might resolve this issue that will not cause the Rams team to be upside down mortgaged in our future highly valuable draft building materials.
What is your solution exactly?

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
What it would likely take to trade to No. 1:

• 2016 first round pick (No. 15)
  • 2017 first round pick
  • 2016 second round pick (No. 43)
  • 2016 third round pick (No. 76)
So, we'd only have to give up 2 of our own picks----a 3 this year and a 1st next year to get the best qb in this year's draft? I'd do that in a heartbeat. Use the 2nd to get a WR (Boyd,Thomas, Miller), and the 4th to get TE Tyler Higbee which will really improve the offense.

Ram65

Legend
Los Angeles Rams
Current pick: No. 15
What it would likely take to trade to No. 1:

• 2016 first round pick (No. 15)
  • 2017 first round pick
  • 2016 second round pick (No. 43)
  • 2016 third round pick (No. 76)

Rams have the talent to take these draft pick hits. The extra round 2 picks gives the Rams a 1st and 2nd round pick this a. They can over come no 1st round pick next year. The Rams have shown to be able to make good later round picks as well as UDFA pickups. Goff or Wentz are worth it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Because the Rams feel they are and the "nobody anywhere" is wrong/inaccurate.

These aren't blue chip can't miss types, there are a lot of risks with all of these guys. They can easily add talent to the O with the picks they have now and get a QB coming out next year, especially if they trade down and get an extra pick in that draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These aren't blue chip can't miss types, there are a lot of risks with all of these guys. They can easily add talent to the O with the picks they have now and get a QB coming out next year, especially if they trade down and get an extra pick in that draft.
In your estimation these aren't blue chip franchise type QB's. And even can't miss ble chips do in fact miss. And blue chip types aren't the only guys that become good NFL players!

We don't know what the Rams feel about them and to speculate about what the Rams do think about them guess work. You, Me and Joe Blow sitting on a barstool in the local dive sports bar can say we know everything about the prospects and what our favorite team feels about them but if we're going to be honest with ourselves looking back on how we speculated they'd draft in the past we should know better than to say we know what they're thinking right now.

Personally in my estimation based off Rams recent draft history and Fisher and Snead comments after the draft Paxton Lynch is the perfect example of a Rams pick. Lots of physical tools IE strong arm big fast and mobile, with a ton of upside. I could be wrong I most likely will be wrong. But lets go back to what you said that I originally responded to:

I'm sorry but that's just wrong there are people that like these QB's and even think there's a 4th that could be a franchise type QB.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
It's not mortgaging any draft.

It's basically saying I'll give you my extra 2nd and my 3rd and next years one to swap 1st round picks.

Imho giving up our 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1 is most definitely mortgaging away our draft, especially when we have so few draft picks to begin with. There is other needs on this team besides QB. I'm sorry I want strong QB play too but I feel balance is necessary and if we over commit to QB we will suffer in other ways.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In your estimation these aren't blue chip franchise type QB's. And even can't miss ble chips do in fact miss. And blue chip types aren't the only guys that become good NFL players!

We don't know what the Rams feel about them and to speculate about what the Rams do think about them guess work. You, Me and Joe Blow sitting on a barstool in the local dive sports bar can say we know everything about the prospects and what our favorite team feels about them but if we're going to be honest with ourselves looking back on how we speculated they'd draft in the past we should know better than to say we know what they're thinking right now.

Personally in my estimation based off Rams recent draft history and Fisher and Snead comments after the draft Paxton Lynch is the perfect example of a Rams pick. Lots of physical tools IE strong arm big fast and mobile, with a ton of upside. I could be wrong I most likely will be wrong. But lets go back to what you said that I originally responded to:

I'm sorry but that's just wrong there are people that like these QB's and even think there's a 4th that could be a franchise type QB.

All of these guys aren't franchise QB's. Two in a draft is rare, possibly 4 is going to go down as the best QB draft ever. And until the draft hype started I was reading posters who were saying this was a relatively weak QB class.

We may have different ideas of what a franchise QB is. IMO it's a guy who gives you a decade plus of excellent play and gets to at least a few pro bowls.

Not a good QB, and excellent QB, top 10 type year after year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imho giving up our 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1 is most definitely mortgaging away our draft, especially when we have so few draft picks to begin with. There is other needs on this team besides QB. I'm sorry I want strong QB play too but I feel balance is necessary and if we over commit to QB we will suffer in other ways.
You present a nice catch 22, if we put too much in the QB we might not have enough elsewhere. Yet we don't have enough now at QB to have balance. And that's where most that want to trade up for a QB stand. Right now we have no chance to compete with our current QBs and won't until we address the position. And to not address it because of a pick or two seems silly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Which is easier....filling a hole at QB or filling a hole anywhere else on the roster?
QB = top 10 pick.

Every other position = FA, UDFA, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks, trades.

lockdnram21

Legend
You think so? Idk man, i would expect a higher price.
For what this guy is throwing out there i'd do that deal without hesitation. It's not like we're talking about the 2012 Rams roster here fellas. Quit freaking around and go get a QB to add to this talented roster.
We still have to many holes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We still have to many holes.
Too many? I disagree.
Even playoff teams have holes. The Rams could continue filling holes around a back up QB for the next decade and this will still be a .500 team(or worse as the defense begins to age)...and as i stated somewhere else, filling gaps around a franchise QB is alot easier than waiting for a franchise QB to drop out of the sky.