The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff cannot be worse. The Rams scored zero freaking points. Zero.
Not only 0 points, but IIRC no trips inside the red zone even and the only time inside the 30 was the junk time series at the end.
Just deplorable.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I don't even know if I want Goff to get killed behind this oline.

The offensive line isn't the biggest problem. The crappy ass QB is. The 49ers stacked the box. They did not respect our ability to pass the ball down the field at all. And we proved them right.

How does that even equate with that pressure and those drops? Are you also saying Gurley is a failure? Because he sucked ass. He blew.

For the most part Keenum had time and did absolutely nothing with it. He either threw an errant ball or threw it way short of the sticks with all 11 9ers waiting on it because they were in shallow zone coverage all day. Hav was a little rusty and let some pressure, but G Rob and the rest of the line was solid in pass blocking for the most part. The 49ers d line was really good against the run, but didn't create alot of pressure. What really hurt in terms of pass blocking was eric reid coming on a safety blitz

Keenum's arm is just awful and he knows his limitations so he doesn't really test zone coverage over the middle unless we scheme a WR open and its wide open. So teams just overload zone coverage in the flats and with plays always designed to go there Keenum is always throwing into triple coverage. The terrible design of this offense plays into Keenum's weakness and its baffling and frustrating. On the flip side its makes it so easy for our opponents to just beat us before the game with their gameplan. I don't think Eric reid was ever lined up more than 3 yards off the the line scrimmage and he is a freaking safety. He was either adding additional coverage in the flats or an extra man in the box.

What I like about Goff is he will throw the fade down the sideline no matter how hopeless it is with our WRs going for it. That at least makes the safeties think twice about stacking the box. If you get single high shallow zones all day you have to loosen the defense up with some intermediate stuff (Keenum doesn't have the arm to fit in) or some deep shots down the sideline (Keenum doesn;t have the arm or balls to throw it).

fancents86

Starter
I hope the ones harping on us "negaitive" members now realize why we are this way. We're not "negative", we just know that the Rams are capable of playing terrible football and do it much more often than not.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why have any of us think it would be different this year? What changed?

Jeff Fisher is a bad coach. Stan is a terrible owner and probably won't fire him. Keenum is he worst QB EVER and Goff needs to be in there like yesterday.

There's really nothing else to say. I'm sure I've said this many times throughout the years.

My biggest problem is that we have talent unlike the other years that we were bad. Any other coach would salivate over this roster. It's just sad.

My biggest issue last night is the signing of Tavon Austin to that big of a contract. Now The Rams are stuck with him. He is just a real bad WR.
Tavon Austin is not a good WR. Great guy all purpose player. He is just a waste as a WR.
Lamarcus Joyner is another undersized player that will keep getting picked on. As a CB maybe or FS . He is not a starter there.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Cleveland Rams or the Los Angeles Browns is all I can come up with . Two sad franchises with very little light at the end of the tunnel . This is the worst loss I can remember

EasyE

Starter
is this Fishers revenge for the loss in the S.B. to the Rams?..we cant be this bad unless on purpose....

go Rams!

Bruce2980

Starter
This right here - why the heck does Steve Young get to announce?
I agree but at the same time Steve Young had the balls to call this offense what it is and to bring it up over and over again. Didn't like the fact that he was trying to talk, but couldn't because he was laughing his ass off all night at how terrible Keenum and our play calls were. A high school QB coached by Warner could have put in a better QB performance. Does anyone have the video of Keenum running for his life at the first(?) pass attempt. He should have been shot for cowardice, unbelievable.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I was so angry last night... but this morning after watching the game just once.....Here is my take....

I heard Saffold mention quicksand. ...and anyone who has ever played knows what that is and how this works..... at least no one stopped trying. That being said.....

1. Offensive philosophy seams to be horizontal passing game ..... which may be due to personel..... but scheme wise will not remove stacked boxes for run game.......and led to more run blitzes then I've ever seen in one game.
2. We seemed unprepared and slow to react..... which is on Fisher and coaching staff.
3. Keenum's decision making was pore. His arm looked weak and somewhat inaccurate at times.
4. Robinson and Saffold actually looked good I thought..... Barnes over to Havenstein porous especially in passing blocking......
5. It's still seems very off to me that our d line is so good but we only get 1 or 2 holding penalties a game. That being said grass seemed to negate the speed of Rams front 4. I think this has been true all preseason. Quinn did fine against run but rusty as a pass rusher.... there were a couple of times that 49ers LT. Staley was set up early and just waiting for Quinn to get there. Brockers and Thomas were manhandled but may have been held as much as Donald and Easley. Hayes seemed slow until second half..
6. Lbs Ogletree and Barron were non factors until second half. But even then seemed off ballance all the time.
7. Secondary is terrible and at this point boy do we miss Jenkins. Sensabaugh was as bad as we all thought..... no one including Tre could get off blocks..... and with our defensive line why are we playing off man? Joyner was up and down... some great plays some bad. Mcdonald became a force in the run game in second half but he and MO Alexander both seemed a tick off and took bad angles in pass covorage.
Hecker and punt coverage was generally good......

Now the same thing happened to Minnesota last year against the 49ers...but until we play well I'm scepptical. .....we need a win at home next week against Seattle Seachickens......but if we do not play a lot better we could easily finish 4-12.... or even worse......I hope not.... I hope I'm overreacting to just one game....

Go Rams......... ;)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The Ds job would have been much easier if Keenum would have been a game manager.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason the O looked improved in TC was that they were going against their D. Fisher had to know teams would stack the box, yet he didnt have GW stack the box in TC so when the whiners did it Keenum didnt know what to do. He didnt have to throw 40 yard bombs, just quick passes to moving recievers, instead he just handed the ball to Gurley even though there was no chance of Gurley finding open field.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Goff was inactive for the game.
They could not put him on the field.

I know, it was the fact they made him inactive that upset me, because it basically wasted his night in terms of development. I don't think there was much to learn from watching.... Whatever the hell that was.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Fisher said this loss (first of all it wasn't a "loss" it was a beatdown) that it will not change the QB situation on the team. Didn't Fisher get stubborn like this last season and the season before that? refusing to change when everything and everyone pointed to needed change. He is a mess!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Fisher said this loss (first of all it wasn't a "loss" it was a beatdown) that it will not change the QB situation on the team. Didn't Fisher get stubborn like this last season and the season before that? refusing to change when everything pointed to needed change. He is a mess!
Don't worry it's only 3 games to go before he declares his annual "do over" to the season.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It's just one game, albeit a pathetic one. There is plenty of time to turn this around and achieve mediocrity.

But theres no evidence from Fishers career or his career only with the Rams that it will be turned round - this is pretty par for the course. A constant rebuild with a regression in terms of performances and results.

It can't get worse though.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So the strongest part of our team had zero impact but it's all on the QB?

How did Gurley do today?

Defense was fine, early they weren't fine, but if our offense wasn't garbage, we could have at least made it a one score game. In the 3rd quarter the 49ers total yards was in the negatives, our offense couldn't move.

Again, Gurley wasn't good, and that's because he was running into 9, 10, sometimes even 11 players. When they stack the box that much you need to throw over top, or at least try, not run him right up into the lions den.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I know, it was the fact they made him inactive that upset me, because it basically wasted his night in terms of development. I don't think there was much to learn from watching.... Whatever the hell that was.

Maybe they are using Keenum to show Goff what not to do, because if Keenum was capapble of doing what they brought Goff in to do, they would not have needed to draft Goff. The old reverse psychology trick, show him how to fail in hopes he figures out how to succeed.

Bruce2980

Starter
You think they can't play worse? ;)
The worst part about last night game to me is the amount of money I spent to go to LA next week (from Phoenix) for the home opener for my 10 year old son and I. Consolation prize is that he likes the Seahawks, and we are sitting right behind their bench. He promised me that he would cheer for the Rams and wear his Bruce Jersey. Is it parental abuse to hold him to that promise? I would hate for CPS to find out and confiscate my child. Will my son suffer from irreversible damage from watching this crap or am I going to be the only one suffering from psychological damage. I hope the ATF isn't reading this, they may confiscate my guns.

Bruce2980

Starter
After watching Keenums stellar performance last night, is anyone in the NFL asking "HOW ON GODS GREEN EARTH IS IT THAT GOFF DIDN"T BEAT OUT KEENUM FOR THE STARTING JOB? HE MUST REALLY SUCK, CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.