The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was inactive for the game.
They could not put him on the field.

Fisher said in the post-game interview that even if Goff was the #2, he would not have put him in the game.
And he also said that the QB position won't change for the Pidgeons.

Bruce2980

Starter
Keenum threw 2 int's not sure how Goff could actually do worse.
Keenum was the luckiest guy in the world last night. How many times did he throw to a receiver that had 3 or more whiners around him and come away with only 2 picks. How many times did he throw the ball way behind his receiver? How many times did he throw to a receiver and a CB was sitting and waiting to pick or bat the ball down? Backward passes are going to be the only completions with him at the helm for now on after other Ds watch the film on how to game plan for Keenum. Rams receiver goes deep, drop off coverage to the underneath flat and stack the line of scrimmage, Keenum throws helium filled balloons, no point in covering anyone beyond five yards. CBs, and for that matter, anyone palced on IR will have plenty of time to get to the open receiver if any pass is attempted past five yards.

Last edited:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I was avoiding this place, Twitter etc all day so I could watch the game later.

Then my brother text me about something completely unrelated to the NFL but slipped in a spoiler at the end.

Then I thought I'll just watch the condensed version on game pass. Then I thought why waste my evening making myself angry so I just watched the "highlights."

how can it have been this bad in the first game of year 5 under Fisher? I'm all for continuity, I really am but there comes a point when you have to get real. For me that point will be on Sunday if I don't see a colossal improvement from this team regardless of who is at QB.

Not happy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For all of the negativity I've expressed since the game started last night my problems come down to two things.

1) Fisher and his OC had a horrible game plan and they executed it even worse. The Niners had no respect for our passing game and they and their QB weren't capable of proving them wrong. They played man coverage and one safety who wasn't always deep. They literally threw at least 8 guys at the run game all night. That's just too much for any OLine and RB to handle without any kind of supporting game. Keenum had a year to grow as a starter and lead this offense and so far one week shows he's not up to the task. His arm strength is abysmal and his accuracy is close to as bad.

2) Run defense.... IMO the pass defense isn't nearly as bad as I and others made it to be during the game. Every week I'll let the other QB complete 24 ( i think) passes for 170 yards. The run defense was bad and Williams and Fisher made no adjustments to stop it. They kept the two LB formation out there and were abused because of it. Couple that with poor lane discipline and they were able to run on us at will. Russell Wilson if healthy will destroy us next week if they don't fix this.

Despite how I felt last night during the game I'm not giving up this season, I still want Fisher gone I think he's the problem. I don't see how long Keenum can hold onto the jb but we have to upgrade him. The defense will make adjustments I'm confident of that. I just don't know if the offense can.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have endured 15-65.

I have endured 40-0 at halftime.

But I have never seen anything like this. Literally the worst Rams game of all time. Fisher needs to go. Now.
This is the ONLY comment I'm going to make in this game! YOUR RIGHT!!(y) AND I'm :mad: as hell about it!
This is my 66th year as a Ram Fan, and I have NEVER EVER seen the Rams embarrass themselves so completely!! The Game was a Complete Cluster-F--k! The Offense was OFFENSIVE! And, with the exception of the 3rd Quarter, the "D" was non-existent!!:seizure::palm:

THAT, AGAIN, IS ALL I WILL SAY ON THE MATTER .. Next Game Pleeease!!

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This is where I get off the train with Fisher. I've seen enough. 7 wins is his ceiling, and we need somebody else to move forward.

He has botched the QB situation badly this year, despite getting the #1 pick. He effectively put all his eggs in the Keenum-is-the-starter basket, letting Keenum swallow up almost all of the reps with the #1's in training camp and preseason games. Goff got fewer reps and those were mostly with 2nd stringers or worse. Does anyone think that didn't slow his development; didn't impact his readiness??

And for all of his faith invested in Keenum, what did Fisher, the Rams, and their fans get last night? A QB who sucked. One who could only must 130 passing yards, much of that late. One who threw the horrible INT that Jrry put in a post several pages back - clean pocket and plenty of time, and he throws it right to Ray Ray Armstrong, with 3 guys near his intended receiver.

And yes, I can acknowledge the playcalling sucked. This horizontal passing bs when the D is already crowding the LOS does nothing to persuade them to do otherwise - especially when the QB can't, or won't make them pay for it. And for a team whose offense is predicated on running the football, there sure is a dearth of play-action passing.

As much as I would want to blame the OC, the buck stops with Fisher. Year after year I hope that he will finally "get it" with regard to offense, and year after year he disappoints me. His OC hires have been uninspiring, but with all of them, he is the common denominator. And the offense looks remarkably the same irrespective of who is calling the plays. Either Fisher isn't willing to hire an OC that can improve this offense, or isn't willing to let his hired OC do what he can to achieve that goal. In either case, it's on him. I'd be wiling to bet there are at least a dozen OC's around the NFL that could take the personnel we have on hand and at least make them competent and productive enough that our D doesn't feel like it always has to carry the team on its back. Not necessarily great, and no better than average ... but much better than horribly below average which is where we are now.

I've given Fisher a lot of benefit of the doubt. I cut him even more slack having lost his starting QB two seasons in a row with ACL tears. And going into the season, I was even willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on Keenum - providing Keenum could show us some competent QB play. But enough is enough, and he has definitely been given enough time. He was the one who chose to gamble on Keenum instead of doing everything they could to get Goff ready for the season, he's the one who has to take the blame that it failed to work out so horribly. He's the one that wants this type of offensive scheme, with few passes deep or into the middle of the field, insufficient play action, and in general, a scheme that invites the defense to stack the box and doesn't make them pay when they do.

He's done a decent job pulling the Rams out of the mess Spags left us in, the roster isn't bad and has some very good players at spots. But at the end of the day, he's going to put a limit on how far we can go because he's always going to put a limit on how far our offense can go. And that's no longer acceptable, especially in a new market like LA. Time for someone new to come in.

Athos

Legend
Kelly was making fun of Fisher and Keenum pretty much the entire game with his base, HS level defense. Tells you all you need to know. This shit is just bloody hilarious.

Fisher is the weak-link that keeps bringing everyone else down. The man hasn't accomplished much at all in his career yet gets paid like he has. He's a cancer that should have been cut ages ago.

So I'll just continue to laugh and watch the Rams squirm until he's gone. Because they'll squirm quite a bit under him.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Worst performance I've seen from a Rams team, but that only goes back to 1995. Welcome back to L.A.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Didnt Fisher and Snead both say they learned after appointing Foles the starter last year. That there was going to be a competition, nobody was having the starting gig handed to them.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Every time I hear Jeff Fisher say "They are well coached" (talking about the 9er) On his post game interview makes me want to smash my head onto a desk. :death:

Athos

Legend
Fisher said in the post-game interview that even if Goff was the #2, he would not have put him in the game.
And he also said that the QB position won't change for the Pidgeons.

SeaHags will tear Keenum a new asshole. The Whiners D isn't THAT good. The Hags will demoralize and suck what little life is left from this team. Until they all pull a "The Replacements" and go 1-2-3 kickass and the entire offense proceeds to get ejected. It'll be highly amusing.

Stan giving Fisher even one more game shows how deluded he really is, which is even more than I thought given everything. The entire regime should be obliterated.

Athos

Legend
Didnt Fisher and Snead both say they learned after appointing Foles the starter last year. That there was going to be a competition, nobody was having the starting gig handed to them.

Fisher is a pathological liar. Believe nothing.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
If everyone would tell Fisher to not take Case out of the starting slot he would take him out. Fisher is more intent on not being proved wrong than he is on winning. Weird because he proves himself wrong and out of touch every season. The man has had ONE winning season in 25 years of coaching. I don't know what it will take but the Rams had better make a change for the better or LA will shun them and make them wish they had stayed in STL. 28-ZERO uuuuuggggggggg!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
For the most part Keenum had time and did absolutely nothing with it. He either threw an errant ball or threw it way short of the sticks with all 11 9ers waiting on it because they were in shallow zone coverage all day. Hav was a little rusty and let some pressure, but G Rob and the rest of the line was solid in pass blocking for the most part. The 49ers d line was really good against the run, but didn't create alot of pressure. What really hurt in terms of pass blocking was eric reid coming on a safety blitz
You must have been watching a different game. Keenum had little time in the pocket and when he did deliver the ball TA the 42 million dollar man didn't catch it. There were a couple of nice medium range passes to Britt and one in the first half to Kendricks other than that Keenum was under pressure and Gurley was getting hammered every time he got the ball.

The Oline IS the biggest problem right now followed closely by the Dline. Our defense sucked. They got no pressure, Ogletree was nowhere to be seen most of the game, the freaking ridiculous line up with no one in the middle of the line WTF was that????

Status
Not open for further replies.