The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
The Oline IS the biggest problem right now followed closely by the Dline. Our defense sucked. They got no pressure, Ogletree was nowhere to be seen most of the game, the freaking ridiculous line up with no one in the middle of the line WTF was that????

I don't even know how to respond to this. How can you see the O line and D line as bigger problems than Keenum, the receivers, and offensive play calling. IMO clear cut three biggest issues not even close. Keenum had a freaking 28.6 QB rating with no pressure. 28 point freaking 6 without pressure. Please explain to me how that is o line's fault?

The D-line definitely started slowly, but they came out to play the second half with a couple three and outs in row, but the offense just responded with their own 3 and outs. Do you just want them to be on the field the whole game? Offense has to give the d-line some sort of a break if you want those big guys to be truly effective.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
is this Fishers revenge for the loss in the S.B. to the Rams?..we cant be this bad unless on purpose....

go Rams!
I swear to god, I'm starting to wonder if there's truth to that!
If he ends up in Tennessee next season, even in an "advisory role" I'm calling BS!!!

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
You must have been watching a different game. Keenum had little time in the pocket and when he did deliver the ball TA the 42 million dollar man didn't catch it. There were a couple of nice medium range passes to Britt and one in the first half to Kendricks other than that Keenum was under pressure and Gurley was getting hammered every time he got the ball.

The Oline IS the biggest problem right now followed closely by the Dline. Our defense sucked. They got no pressure, Ogletree was nowhere to be seen most of the game, the freaking ridiculous line up with no one in the middle of the line WTF was that????

You must've watched a different game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Geez...
This is essentially the same team the Rams have trod out there the last 2 years. Hill/Davis/Keenum are basically the same QB.
Pretty much Fro....but...and a huge but, Hill and Davis beat out Keenum for the starters spot....originally....They were better than Case....BETTER.

Wasn't Keenum the guy because he gave us the best chance to win?
Biggest fucking lie yet....Skew the rules, like letting Goff work with the 2nd team o-line & wrs...and BAM, Case is better...Okay...
Think Fisher lies much? Seriously? wtf for?

Keenum isn't a starter in the league. He is a decent backup.
Not even a decent backup....Foles is a decent...no wait, wait...I'm going crazy....Guys gotta be able to throw the damn ball...

The only thing I have been saying with our bantering counselor, is bring Goff on.
Finally...Dag baby...my grill man....again, they should have GIVEN him EVERY opportunity to win this job...prepare for this gig...Give him the starters reps...since day 1....nothing wrong with making it right week two....Yeah, he'll struggle...but I guarantee you'll see some different stuff...Deeper throws....QB's have the opportunity to audible, don't they? They can scan the field, right? They can scramble, no? Case was a no win after his 5 game stretch last year...dude is hoping for a backup gig....I hope we cut his ass during the bye week...

LA will fill the stadium the next few years.
No they won't...No built up calateral...not like the Lakers/Dodgers....gotta win to fill 90K in seats...embarrassing loses even turn more fans away...If they get blown out this Sunday, watch how empty the Coliseum gets around 3rd & 4th quarter...

Offense: I will watch the all-22 film cause I just cannot believe there are coaches that make it to the NFL level that can not draw up pass plays to take advantage of 8-9 man in the box. It has to be the QB otherwise we're screwed. That being said I tried to guess on 20 plays if they would run or pass and I was right on 18 of them, predictability might be an issue ...
exactly...Case is bad...but Weinke & Boras might be worse...No one could tell him where to look for wrs? No one in the game? Not at the half? What's Fishers involvement in all this? Serious questions...

For all those bashing the line, watch the game..notice how many guys were around the ball...how the whole team seemed prepared for the short passes...Look at the passes Britt caught and was WIDE OPEN!!! Seemed like the post was open all day...pretty sure the corner routes were too...
I think the defense allowed 320 yards total...and they were on the field all game....
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/la
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/sf

not great, but clearly not the problem...rarely do I like singling a player out...but Case is it...followed by Fisher/Snead and whoever thought Boras, Weinke, and Groh could get Goff ready...we knew what this teams problem was....identified as the QB position...If you are the lone team that CAN'T get a guy ready to play, that's a YOU problem...
SF has some decent line players on both sides of the ball...very good we may discover, it was pretty even up front, the difference was, Gabbert was trying to make plays & has some decent QB skills, Case was trying to not get hurt, and really isn't an NFL caliber QB....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You must have been watching a different game. Keenum had little time in the pocket and when he did deliver the ball TA the 42 million dollar man didn't catch it. There were a couple of nice medium range passes to Britt and one in the first half to Kendricks other than that Keenum was under pressure and Gurley was getting hammered every time he got the ball.

OL was the biggest problem last year too when Foles was the QB. Until people came to the realization that Foles was a bad QB. It's easy to blame the OL. Keenum put together one of the worst Rams QB performances of the past decade. And that's quite a feat. You put a legitimate franchise QB behind our OL, and they would have looked just fine yesterday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Biggest freaking lie yet....Skew the rules, like letting Goff work with the 2nd team o-line & wrs...and BAM, Case is better...Okay...
Think Fisher lies much? Seriously? wtf for?

Amen, my friend. Fisher bungled this thing from the jump.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
STILL fuming about this. People at the bar were straight up clowning the team. Worst part is, I couldn't say shit, because they were right! We were cheering when the Rams were able to scrape and claw for a 1st down. We probably would have rioted if they scored a field goal. Thats how low Fisher has set the bar. Way to go, Fish.

The LA media is going to rip him a new one. If they havent already. The guy walks around like he's been there and done that.... he's no Phil Jackson, but he acts like he is. The guy's greatest accomplishment is LOSING the Super Bowl and NOT getting fired after so many losing seasons. Time to pull the plug.

TexasRam

Legend
Here is another rant for this awesome Monday.

Fisher and Williams are full of themselves. They think they are such defensive Gurus that they can convert Ogletree to MLB and play good defense with CB's that can't cover.

Respect the game man!!

I don't care what Exotic scheming you have. If your linebackers are not established at shedding blocks and tackling then your defense is going to get gashed. Ogletree and Barron as your linebackers WTF!

A casual fan can see Joyner and Sensabaugh are garbage. We said it in preseason. Chip Kelly laughed at that and went for it on 4th and frickken 6!!! Why? Because Sensabugh and Joyner!

Stop getting cute and respect the game. Get some real linebackers and Cb's!

Gilley

UDFA
Mannion or Goff on Sunday. Please. If we want to score points we're going have to throw the ball down the field. Last night's offense was the ugliest I've ever watched.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Defense fucking sucks
Offense fuckjng sucks
Special teams is okay

There was Berman from ESPN blowing his load over Navarro Bowman and mentioning how Fisher wanted Goff to experience the game -- well Tamarick Hemingway can suit up but your #1 pick can't??? Get the fuck out

Keenum looking at that IPad was hilarious

Fisher OUT

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is another rant for this awesome Monday.

Fisher and Williams are full of themselves. They think they are such defensive Gurus that they can convert Ogletree to MLB and play good defense with CB's that can't cover.

Respect the game man!!

I don't care what Exotic scheming you have. If your linebackers are not established at shedding blocks and tackling then your defense is going to get gashed. Ogletree and Barron as your linebackers WTF!

A casual fan can see Joyner and Sensabaugh are garbage. We said it in preseason. Chip Kelly laughed at that and went for it on 4th and frickken 6!!! Why? Because Sensabugh and Joyner!

Stop getting cute and respect the game. Get some real linebackers and Cb's!

I recall Joyner getting flagged a couple times for holding, but I only remember him giving up 3 or so catches. One of which he tackled the guy short of the first down on 3rd and 2 or 3. The other two weren't egregious plays. I also recall him sticking the 49ers HB a number of times to keep rushing plays to minimum gains.

Sensabaugh? Oh boy was he bad. I think half of the 49ers' completions came against him. And on the TD to McDonald, he sat in his zone with nobody around him and watched the TE settle into the hole in the zone between him and the LB. That was just baffling. He's terrible. Has no business playing another snap. But I know Fisher will stick with him.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't even know how to respond to this. How can you see the O line and D line as bigger problems than Keenum, the receivers, and offensive play calling. IMO clear cut three biggest issues not even close. Keenum had a freaking 28.6 QB rating with no pressure. 28 point freaking 6 without pressure. Please explain to me how that is o line's fault?

The D-line definitely started slowly, but they came out to play the second half with a couple three and outs in row, but the offense just responded with their own 3 and outs. Do you just want them to be on the field the whole game? Offense has to give the d-line some sort of a break if you want those big guys to be truly effective.
It all starts up front at every level in every game.

Keenum wasn't great but neither was anyone else. They looked like a team who had not played together and they haven't which is Fishers fault. The preseason regiment sucks and has ever since he got here. They do not prepare for the start of the season and it shows every year.

Keenum, Gurley and Britt were not problems last night but the Oline allowing pressure and not run blocking well were. Seeing OGs getting knocked on their ass at Keenum's feet and LB blowing passed not one but 2 OL players to tackle Gurley for a loss is all you need to know about last nights game.

The Oline got their asses handed to them and the rest of the offense fell apart from there.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OL was the biggest problem last year too when Foles was the QB. Until people came to the realization that Foles was a bad QB. It's easy to blame the OL. Keenum put together one of the worst Rams QB performances of the past decade. And that's quite a feat. You put a legitimate franchise QB behind our OL, and they would have looked just fine yesterday.
There is no way to quantify that other than it is your opinion, personally I think you full of it. There is no QB on earth who would have looked goo behind that OL performance.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Fisher thinks he's protecting Goff? This can't be good for his confidence. He's probably thinking "I can't beat this guy out for the starting job? Man, I can't be that bad can I?"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no way to quantify that other than it is your opinion, personally I think you full of it. There is no QB on earth who would have looked goo behind that OL performance.

There are many QBs on earth who would have looked just fine behind that OL. Unfortunately, Case Keenum wasn't one of them. I'll post this play again and you can explain to me how the OL caused it:
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000701761/Case-Keenum-intercepted-by-Ray-Ray-Armstrong

Keenum ... were not problems last night

Oh my. We have another.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't honestly sit there and say the OL had a good performance last night.
Not if you're objective.

View: https://twitter.com/MrTimGodfrey/status/775753051835469825

I see one play Barnes whiffed on. That doesn't mean they were bad and neither does Jrry's one video mean they were good. Overall there were 5 Rams OLine blocking 7 or 8 defenders. Numbers are gonna win out most time especially with a QB who can't make a defense be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.